'Subpoena Kevin McCarthy If You Have To'; Democrats Urged To Bring Witnesses After Bombshell Report On Trump Call

They complain there are no actual witnesses and then vote against witnesses.

And we saw that had they subpoenaed John Bolton in the first impeachment, there may not have been a second. His testimony would have been so damning, it would have been hard for senators under oath, to ignore.

Update:

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), the lead House impeachment manager, said Saturday morning that his team will seek to subpoena Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) to testify before the Senate about her knowledge of a phone conversation between Donald Trump and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) that took place during the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

"When McCarthy finally reached the president on January 6 and asked him to publicly and forcefully call off the riot, the president initially repeated the falsehood that it was antifa that had breached the Capitol," Herrera Beutler said in a statement late Friday. "McCarthy refuted that and told the president that these were Trump supporters. That's when, according to McCarthy, the president said, 'Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are.'"

The Senate voted by a margin of 55-45 Saturday morning to open the door to calling witnesses.

This isn't going to go well.
This trial is not about Trump and the Senate. We know that even if Trump murdere
Update:

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), the lead House impeachment manager, said Saturday morning that his team will seek to subpoena Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) to testify before the Senate about her knowledge of a phone conversation between Donald Trump and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) that took place during the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

"When McCarthy finally reached the president on January 6 and asked him to publicly and forcefully call off the riot, the president initially repeated the falsehood that it was antifa that had breached the Capitol," Herrera Beutler said in a statement late Friday. "McCarthy refuted that and told the president that these were Trump supporters. That's when, according to McCarthy, the president said, 'Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are.'"

The Senate voted by a margin of 55-45 Saturday morning to open the door to calling witnesses.

We know that the majority of the Trump cult in the Senate, even if Trump murdered someone on 5th Avenue, would not vote to convict him, ain't gonna happen. This trial is for the American voters to not only judge Trump for themselves, but also to judge his enablers in the Trump cult in congress. They act in concert, they are complicit together, and the American voters need to see it.
These proceedings define the events of Jan 6 for History.

Update:

This trial is not about Trump and the Senate. We know that even if Trump murdere
Update:

We know that the majority of the Trump cult in the Senate, even if Trump murdered someone on 5th Avenue, would not vote to convict him, ain't gonna happen. This trial is for the American voters to not only judge Trump for themselves, but also to judge his enablers in the Trump cult in congress. They act in concert, they are complicit together, and the American voters need to see it.

And the american people can see this for what it is, a political ploy by a party that knows they'll lose the congress in 2022 and are terrified Trump will come back better and stronger than ever in 2024 because they know they got away with a stolen election in 2020 but know that shit can't happen twice.

Dems are afraid Trump will come back and LOSE

We all saw what happens when he loses

I would like them to subpoena WH staff and aids to testify what Trump was doing while the attacks were ongoing and what he was saying. Also, who was urging him to do something.

He was watching it on TV, and reportedly commented he didn't like the look of the protestors, calling them "low class". He was at least right about something.

By the house standard apparently. Why didnt the house call them? That's their job. The senate is supposed to debate the houses findings. But the house found nothing, and just snap impeached him. So the senate now has to do the house's job.
Actually your position proves the constitutionality of trying people after they left office. The reason the house didn't do a full investigation, is that they didn't have the time for a full investigation. They had to impeach the president while he was still in office, because once out of office, he was not eligible for impeachment.

To bar a trial, would be ridiculous, as it would say if the trial could be stalled long enough, the person impeached would escape judgement.

I would like them to subpoena WH staff and aids to testify what Trump was doing while the attacks were ongoing and what he was saying. Also, who was urging him to do something.

Agreed. I also want them to call Maryland governor Larry Hogan, to testify that he was ready to send in the national guard, but was refused by Trumps Secretary of Defense.

"I was ready, willing and able to immediately deploy [National Guard] to the Capitol, however we were repeatedly denied approval to do so," Hogan said.

I also want them to call Maryland governor Larry Hogan, to testify that he was ready to send in the national guard, but was refused by Trumps Secretary of Defense.

Dems said using the national guard against protesters was bad. Were they lying?
Haha, pathetic whataboutism.

Dems, pathetically inconsistent.

By the house standard apparently. Why didnt the house call them?
Because they wanted to pass the articles quickly. That was a softball question.
There is the deeper answer going to the constitutionality of trying the person impeached after they left office. A bar of trial would mean that an impeached person could escape judgement by stalling the process, until he left office by his end of term, or resignation

Last edited:
From what I understand.....Trump tweeted during the early hours of this riot....and because of that...Twitter shut down his account. I keep hearing Trump critics saying he did nothing for 6 hours....when in fact he did what he could...but was thwarted by Big Tech at every opportunity.

Excuse me?

The POTUS, and all the communications at his fingertips..... was thwarted.... by Twitter?

Thwarted mind you.... at the most opportune time as when the capitol was being ransacked by his base?

And the POTUS has no way to communicate!?

Y'all get dumber by the day.

Their testimony would be covered by executive privilege. As what they told Trump would be considered advise to the president, which is not subject to discovery, since that would serve to muzzle the free flow of advice to and from the president.
Oh shit. What if they were just there observing and listening?

Excuse me?

The POTUS, and all the communications at his fingertips..... was thwarted.... by Twitter?

Thwarted mind you.... at the most opportune time as when the capitol was being ransacked by his base?

And the POTUS has no way to communicate!?

Y'all get dumber by the day.

Trump continued to TWEET for two more days after the january 6th attack.

By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.

Overview

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump Tweeted:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Update:

It's over. Your witchhunt is over

He was watching it on TV, and reportedly commented he didn't like the look of the protestors, calling them "low class". He was at least right about something.

That is MAGA

The problem is, and democrats are too stupid to realize this, is that KM won't say Trump planned this riot.
Why would you think anyone thinks he would say that?

Lol

Because he's your star witness supposedly proving that trump planned this riot. Even you admit that didn't happen.

Thanks for playing.
The problem is, and democrats are too stupid to realize this, is that KM won't say Trump planned this riot.
Why would you think anyone thinks he would say that?

Lol

Because he's your star witness supposedly proving that trump planned this riot. Even you admit that didn't happen.

Thanks for playing.
Lol, he's the republican house minority leader. That's hardly "star witness" material.

Update:

Update:

And the american people can see this for what it is, a political ploy by a party that knows they'll lose the congress in 2022 and are terrified Trump will come back better and stronger than ever in 2024 because they know they got away with a stolen election in 2020 but know that shit can't happen twice.
Then why do a majority of americans approve of the impeachment? You're just kind of making it up as you go, aren't you?

Agreed. I also want them to call Maryland governor Larry Hogan, to testify that he was ready to send in the national guard, but was refused by Trumps Secretary of Defense.

"I was ready, willing and able to immediately deploy [National Guard] to the Capitol, however we were repeatedly denied approval to do so," Hogan said.

I also want them to call Maryland governor Larry Hogan, to testify that he was ready to send in the national guard, but was refused by Trumps Secretary of Defense.

Dems said using the national guard against protesters was bad. Were they lying?
Haha, pathetic whataboutism.

Dems, pathetically inconsistent.
I will let them know. I am sure they will be very moved.

Oh shit. What if they were just there observing and listening?
Advice given to the president is covered by executive privilege, no matter who was witness to it. Remember the privilege isn't invoked by the person giving the advice, but by the president receiving it.

Update:

Update:

Dems are afraid Trump will come back and LOSE

We all saw what happens when he loses

Yep, he'd do the same Goddamned thing. And if he won and we survived another four years of his chaotic authoritarian regime, he'd attempt to remain for a third term - By COUP.

Update:

It's over. Your witchhunt is over

You, and the entire republican caucus, only wish it was over.

You do know it's not only Trump who's on trial here, or being exposed..... don't you?

happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Forum List

Back