Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only helps the lawyers.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Is there any benefit to suing poor people? Will they eventually pay you?

For example if some extremely poor guy harassed you so bad that you quit your job. Can you recover lost wages and potential retirement benefits by suing this person or is it better to sue the employer for letting it happen?

Like if you made $32,000 a year and you were 15 years away from retirement, could you sue a guy with less than $10,000 in assets for $736,000? If you lost $32,000 a year for 15 years and lost 20 years of retirement pay at $12,800 years, that adds up to $736,000. If that person bullied you into quitting because you were a female, could you collect the $736,000 from that poor guy from forcing you to quit or do you only get the $10,000 that he owns?

As with me a good lawyer would get your job back and have the bully delt with . I did not get any money from it but the situation was delt with in my favor.

As with me a good lawyer would get your job back and have the bully delt with . I did not get any money from it but the situation was delt with in my favor.

Do you think the person would be hired back after filing a lawsuit? How would a good lawyer deal with the bully?

Do you think the person would be hired back after filing a lawsuit? How would a good lawyer deal with the bully?
For me, I stayed on the job as were the bullies but they left me alone I am not sure what all happened but the lawyer must have kicked some serious rear end to get that done. A lot of tension in the air afterward but I needed the job in a bad way. It would have been nice to get an apology from the management but that never happened. But I got the thumbs up from a lot of the other workers. Afterward, after time things for other workers got a lot easier.

For me, I stayed on the job as were the bullies but they left me alone I am not sure what all happened but the lawyer must have kicked some serious rear end to get that done. A lot of tension in the air afterward but I needed the job in a bad way. It would have been nice to get an apology from the management but that never happened. But I got the thumbs up from a lot of the other workers. Afterward, after time things for other workers got a lot easier.
Different age I guess, anyone who "swelled-up" on me for no reason would be invited to a empty lot just outside the plant after our shift for the issue to be hashed-out one way or the other....Most of the time it did not amount to much.

Did that had no takers. :) They did their bullying by letters to the management and telling other workers things about me that were not true. They did that after their threats and bullying did no good. Even the guys working off their jail time reported what they were doing to me. It was a municipal job.

Ever hear of a percentage of settlement?
I know. So the lawyer gets paid whether they collect or not. A settlement is a piece of paper. If you win a million dollars in the lawsuit the defendant may pay $0.00 but you still have to pay the lawyer a percentage on one million dollars.

I know. So the lawyer gets paid whether they collect or not. A settlement is a piece of paper. If you win a million dollars in the lawsuit the defendant may pay $0.00 but you still have to pay the lawyer a percentage on one million dollars.

OIP.AMPH8VtB23gtd3f9Qz7NGgAAAA

Good lord, please quit while you are behind.

OIP.AMPH8VtB23gtd3f9Qz7NGgAAAA

Good lord, please quit while you are behind.

Do you not understand? OJ Simpson never paid his victims. They were awarded $44 million but received $0.00. People win lawsuits all the time and never get paid. You can’t be unaware of this.

Do people with $500 in the bank, a rented apartment, and a car worth $2,000 really pay a $736,000 judgement? If so, how? It sounds like to me the most they could pay is $2,500. What am I missing?

I’m sensing a little bit of pure fantasy in this thread.

Forum List

Back