Super Bowl Winner Prediction

Unless you are playing with a team of Eskimos I don't think a contest where the temperature drops into the low teens with a wind chill below zero can be called a "home field".

Nobody in the U S goes outside and plays sports in the conditions expected in GB unless they absolutely have to.. At least no professional players that value thier bodies. The ground will be rock hard and unforgiving. Flesh will tear. The surviviors will take weeks to heal. The losers at least won't have to play another game for a while.

The crowd will be a non factor. It will be too cold to yell because once the yell is out the lungs need a lot of air and very soon the people in the stands will be carefull how hard they inhale. As soon as the game is even close to being decided the crowd will exit for some place warm... and a television. No matter what the score at halftime the sports bars in Gree Bay will do a bang up buisness as many of the frozen fans cheer thier team on sitting in a booth eating hot wings staring at a big screen.

Unless you are playing with a team of Eskimos I don't think a contest where the temperature drops into the low teens with a wind chill below zero can be called a "home field".

Nobody in the U S goes outside and plays sports in the conditions expected in GB unless they absolutely have to.. At least no professional players that value thier bodies. The ground will be rock hard and unforgiving. Flesh will tear. The surviviors will take weeks to heal. The losers at least won't have to play another game for a while.

The crowd will be a non factor. It will be too cold to yell because once the yell is out the lungs need a lot of air and very soon the people in the stands will be carefull how hard they inhale. As soon as the game is even close to being decided the crowd will exit for some place warm... and a television. No matter what the score at halftime the sports bars in Gree Bay will do a bang up buisness as many of the frozen fans cheer thier team on sitting in a booth eating hot wings staring at a big screen.

They're more used to playing in the cold. In theory, that's a home field advantage. Certainly, they still have their crowd behind them as well; so I disagree more based upon that.

And I've sat through a cold weather game at Green Bay. The crowd does not bail. There definitely is a large bar district nearby the stadium though.

They're more used to playing in the cold. In theory, that's a home field advantage. Certainly, they still have their crowd behind them as well; so I disagree more based upon that.

And I've sat through a cold weather game at Green Bay. The crowd does not bail. There definitely is a large bar district nearby the stadium though.

I have serious doubts that the Packers have spent any significant time even practicing outside this week. I may be wrong though...I'll do some research and get back.

Well color me wrong! I guess the Packers ARE bundling up and spending a little quality time outdoors this week. A portion of thier practice will be outside. Also another thing I was wrong about is that the ground at Lambeau may be more forgiving than I thought as the field is heated underground.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...for-wild-card-game-b99175464z1-238397251.html

Last edited:

I have serious doubts that the Packers have spent any significant time even practicing outside this week. I may be wrong though...I'll do some research and get back.

In this new age, teams have indoor facilities and rarely practice in the cold.

In this new age, teams have indoor facilities and rarely practice in the cold.

Read the article at the link I provided on my previous amended post.

I would prefer an Eagles/Packers vs. Patriots/Broncos Superbowl. The whiter the Superbowl, the better.

I can't help but think the Packers/Eagles might carry their momentum through the playoffs and then have an advantage in a cold weather Super Bowl.
The Packers won't get past the Niners and the Saints are gonna kick the Eagles ass.

Eagles/Saints game gonna be a close one w/ no major ass kickins'.

I guess that you don't know that the Saints are 1-7 against the spread on da' road. :cool:

Seattle, San Francisco or Carolina, in that order.

Those are the teams with the best defenses.

Edit - Not the Broncos.

Manning is one of the best QBs ever, but they have to win 3 cold weather games, and I am extremely skeptical he can win those.

Last edited:
Actually I would like to see a first time winner, like Carolina or the Bengals. Two fan bases that have had little to celebrate.

Actually I would like to see a first time winner, like Carolina or the Bengals. Two fan bases that have had little to celebrate.

I wouldn't mind seeing it; but not til they have a teams that are worth cheering for. Their teams are pretty ho-hum as far as playoff teams go.

Forum List

Back