Super Tuesday Nite.Bernie&Biden Never Brought Up The Great Economy?Why Not?It's The Main Issue!

LeeOnLido

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2018
did anyone here take notice of this at the end of Super Tuesday and the weeks prior? I found it odd that the leading candidates never mentioned how great the economy has been since Trump took office, neither brought up record low unemployment among blacks/hispanics, and the rest.
We all saw the two very old democrats speak on Tuesday Nite, and they never said anything new. same old chit we have been hearing from Dem's for most of our lives.
Hmm. :eusa_think:

Let’s see how quiet you become about the “great economy” in the second quarter when this economy suddenly is staring at a recession. I imagine you wont be heard over the laughter from Democrats.

Let’s see how quiet you become about the “great economy” in the second quarter when this economy suddenly is staring at a recession. I imagine you wont be heard over the laughter from Democrats.
Please....the middle class and main street is in an economic boom right now....there is no evidence to show a recession is on the horizon...even the paranoid stock market can't stay down long....

Please....the middle class and main street is in an economic boom right now....there is no evidence to show a recession is on the horizon...even the paranoid stock market can't stay down long....

NO EVIDENCE! Why did the FED just institute an emergency rate cut? They haven’t done that since 2008. It’s pretty hard to see with your head in the sand.

NO EVIDENCE! Why did the FED just institute an emergency rate cut? They haven’t done that since 2008. It’s pretty hard to see with your head in the sand.
They were going to do it in three months anyway...and it helped with the downturn over a flu virus.....smart move....

Yep, Buck Tooth lives up to his name again.

They were going to do it in three months anyway...and it helped with the downturn over a flu virus.....smart move....

OMG, are you blind, or just a fool? Why???? Why is the Federal Reserve cutting rates at all if the economy is booming with no evidence of a slower economy/recession? The fed can do 3 things with rates- Cut, raise, or remain constant. They cut when the economy needs help, they raise when the economy is over heated and to control inflation, and they do nothing when the economy is performing well.
Any fool can see the Fed is worried about this economy.......well almost any fool...

OMG, are you blind, or just a fool? Why???? Why is the Federal Reserve cutting rates at all if the economy is booming with no evidence of a slower economy/recession? The fed can do 3 things with rates- Cut, raise, or remain constant. They cut when the economy needs help, they raise when the economy is over heated and to control inflation, and they do nothing when the economy is performing well.
Any fool can see the Fed is worried about this economy.......well almost any fool...
To slow the down turn in the market...a downturn not brought on by weak economic numbers but down over fear...the feds were going to lower rates anyway to keep up with other nations doing the same...so just what are you bitching about?....we just heard today that we had another record breaking job report....we are approaching full employment....a development even a frightened market can't harm.....sit back and enjoy the times we are living in...why do you allow your hatred to govern your thinking?....

ok,,,its Super Friday !! woohoo! im so excited! I guess today we vote on who needs to drop out?

To slow the down turn in the market...a downturn not brought on by weak economic numbers but down over fear...the feds were going to lower rates anyway to keep up with other nations doing the same...so just what are you bitching about?....we just heard today that we had another record breaking job report....we are approaching full employment....a development even a frightened market can't harm.....sit back and enjoy the times we are living in...why do you allow your hatred to govern your thinking?....

No hatred here brother. I voted for Trump and will do so again. Too be fair, I am actually voting against liberals. But we’re talking about the economy and MY money, which I am very fond of and I want more, lots more. So when I see an inflated stock market and a central bank which says they don’t concern themselves with the stock market valuation (they’re lying!) keep lowering rates and adding money, I know a few things are going on. One thing I know for sure is the stock market is inflated due to the Feds cheap money. Another thing I know is that this market will have to reset at some point, and I don’t want to be on the wrong side of that reset. Needless to say, the last 2 weeks have been very profitable for me because I don’t let politics and emotion effect my economic decisions.

Why does Trump keep asking the Fed to drop rates in a “booming” economy? The Fed is charged with doing 2 things- controlling inflation and maximizing unemployment. Unemployment is already very low and CPI inflation is too low according to the Fed. So they keep lowering rates and adding QE in an effort to create inflation. Unfortunately the only inflation they have got is in investments like stocks, bonds and real estate. That has exacerbated the wealth gap (low income people don’t buy stocks, bonds and real estate, so they don’t enjoy any appreciation, they just pay more in rent).

BTW- the CPI is a joke for calculating real inflation. The government formulates this number to keep the official inflation numbers low.

If you want to know why, read this article-

If You Want To Know The Real Rate Of Inflation, Don't Bother With The CPI

Why does Trump keep asking the Fed to drop rates in a “booming” economy?
To keep up with the rate drops in the rest of the world...and so we can begin to repay our debt without unreasonably high interest rates....its simple....you are thinking too far down the road...a common mistake when discussing finance and economic matters....the playing field changes way too often to think that far ahead....we must work with the conditions we have now....its only prudent to do so....

To keep up with the rate drops in the rest of the world...and so we can begin to repay our debt without unreasonably high interest rates....its simple....you are thinking too far down the road...a common mistake when discussing finance and economic matters....the playing field changes way too often to think that far ahead....we must work with the conditions we have now....its only prudent to do so....

Well now I know how you think, short term and shortsighted. When it involves my money, I think long term which is why I am short this market and have done very well the last 2 weeks, but know the best for me is yet to come. You can stay long this economy only until your money runs out.

Well now I know how you think, short term and shortsighted. When it involves my money, I think long term which is why I am short this market and have done very well the last 2 weeks, but know the best for me is yet to come. You can stay long this economy only until your money runs out.
It doesn't involve only your money and its not a small world anymore....you have to deal with the circumstances we have....we are so far down that rabbit hole that we will not extricate ourselves overnight....you have to choose the road that gets you in the right direction first or you are wasting your time....and your money....pipe dreams are fine but you must remain realistic....so you choose which road you think gets you there....the Trump road or the Bernie road.....pick one....and don't say Biden because that is the Bernie road but only hidden from view....

Forum List

Back