Supply Chain

Now back to my original point, why tariffs. The answer would be to combat currency manipulation and level the playing field with China--history. Any solution can be arrived at by asking "why" five times and inevitably, one of those "whys" will result in a historical answer.
I’m all for combating currency manipulation

there is no single, simple and immediate solution

we are entangled with china in more ways than either of us can list

including culturally

we allow far too many communist chinese to study in American universities

politicians should be pressured to totally disinvest in china either directly or through family members

Last edited:
U should chk this land grab article out.

23841E27-863D-422C-AA6B-C7486207ADA7.jpeg

Link that they are shutting down
Are you that lacking in knowledge of events on the planet?

Millions in China’s northeast placed under COVID-19 lockdown​

The city of Jilin will lock down some 4.5 million people for three days starting Monday to help curb the spread of China’s biggest coronavirus outbreak.

20 Mar 2022
China has imposed stay-at-home orders on millions more people in the country’s northeast, as it tries to tackle its biggest coronavirus outbreak in two years.
The country has largely kept the virus at bay since it brought to heel its initial outbreak in 2020 using targeted lockdowns, mass testing and travel restrictions.

Are you that lacking in knowledge of events on the planet?

Millions in China’s northeast placed under COVID-19 lockdown​

The city of Jilin will lock down some 4.5 million people for three days starting Monday to help curb the spread of China’s biggest coronavirus outbreak.

20 Mar 2022
China has imposed stay-at-home orders on millions more people in the country’s northeast, as it tries to tackle its biggest coronavirus outbreak in two years.
The country has largely kept the virus at bay since it brought to heel its initial outbreak in 2020 using targeted lockdowns, mass testing and travel restrictions.
March 2022...what about before that? Were they sleeping for two years?

again you should get out of the terlit and read up on the history they have been locking down for two years-duh which causes disruption to your favorite trinkets you can't live without.
Then how do you explain all those ships stuck at the port? I guess we are relying on China a bit too heavily? Eh?

Then how do you explain all those ships stuck at the port? I guess we are relying on China a bit too heavily? Eh?
Do you always play stupid? I don't rely on China for anything since I search for items that are not made in China, yet the capitalists do rely on China for profits..If you don't like it I suggest you not buy from China.

Do you always play stupid? I don't rely on China for anything since I search for items that are not made in China, yet the capitalists do rely on China for profits..If you don't like it I suggest you not buy from China.
So you don't have one item in your mobile home that states "made in China"?

Why did Trump promise us this stuff if it is no good?
Good question. Although the progressives also championed full employment, rising wages, greater demand.

I can't forgive Mitch for the deficits, but in retrospect, maybe positive immigration and limited tax cuts for workers COUPLED with education, after school care, healthcare, paying for soc sec and medicare .....

Good question. Although the progressives also championed full employment, rising wages, greater demand.

I can't forgive Mitch for the deficits, but in retrospect, maybe positive immigration and limited tax cuts for workers COUPLED with education, after school care, healthcare, paying for soc sec and medicare .....
No society is protected against radical variants.

Ok...
So here we are two full years into supply chain interruptions and we are still having them.

Wasn't Biden going to make it better?

It's so bad that if someone was selling air off of the shelves at the grocery store they would be out of that too. Currently there's still air sections in every aisle of my large Kroger or Publix.

When is this going to end?
I just went shopping. The only thing I saw a shortage of was lactaid milk

That's IT...and they had a generic brand even there so...

I get that...
But what is causing the current crisis?

New equipment is over 6 months out... almost 9 months. Parts? Don't even say that...that will cause hysterical laughter by the repair tech.

Then there's the food shortages and insanely high prices everywhere.
All the various strange brands showing up in the supermarket and new packaging of various products...I don't recognize much of anything lately.
The frozen food section was the worst. Unless you want a frozen pizza or ice cream you are mostly SOL.
There was some frozen potatoes this time which was a surprise. But where's the sugar snap peas? Haven't seen any for two years.(and I happen to like those)
Either way, if it's because of a lack of immigration...then we need to do some.

Whatever is the problem now with basic food stuffs?

It must suck where you live, we have not had any of those issues.

I just went shopping. The only thing I saw a shortage of was lactaid milk

That's IT...and they had a generic brand even there so...

Same here. Went Saturday with the wife found everything we wanted.

Makes you wonder what sort of shitholes these people live in

No society is protected against radical variants.
I really don't understand Mitch. I understand not giving trillions to non-workers. But I've known wealthy people all my life ... tens of millions wealthy... and while some are really greedy fucks, most were not. They didn't want to pay more taxes because someone thought it "unfair" they had more or to give to non-workers .... but generally like Jefferson and Washington, they were ok with making things betters.

Forum List

Back