🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

That's why it is hard to find workers in animal care. They are just looking for a paycheck, want to do as little as possible and know the dogs won't rat them out.

If you want real scum, try a shelter. They have to be post office rejects.

I believe you made a typo. Didn't you mean nursing home workers?

Them too! Whenever you have lazy workers with those who are vulnerable, you will have lazy bored people who are uninterested in what they are doing, resent being there and regard themselves as being put upon for doing their jobs.

I was so blessed to have my Burger Chef job back in 1970.

$1.10/ hour. I was 15 going on 16, I knew I was naïve. Girls that I'd meet would tell me I'm sweet,
and willingly I believe.

So I shuttle my pay to dear mum to put food on the table.

It's beyond me, the reluctance of today's workers to live within their means. I've got zero sympathy. I've sucked the poverty hose many times in my life.

i have gone from rags to riches and back more then once myself

My first job was in 1960. I got a dollar an hour, minimum wage. I was a waitress on New Montgomery Street in San Francisco. I got to keep my tips and the government didn't tax tips in those days.

I guess nobody here watches "Hard Core Pawn". When you negotiate you always ask more than you want. Ask Les.

When you negotiate, you should first be sure you're in any position to do so. Fast-food workers have zero leverage, because they are THE easiest people in the world to replace. Hell, the manager of the local McD's could have a whole new staff chosen and trained by the end of his lunch break. Especially now, with the economy in SUCH good shape and so many people out of work.

End of the lunch break? Takes a lot longer than you might think - even then, many of them leave because they 'can't handle the pressure'. Thing is, if you can't handle the pressure at a busy fast food store, how do you expect to work under pressure anywhere else?

No, it doesn't take any longer than I think it does. Remember, we're talking about the US, not Australia, land of the "employed just because we like you" policies. Trust me, filling a US McDonald's with warm bodies is a no-brainer.

But I will say that you're also not getting the cream of the employment crop. It's the trade-off for paying lower wages.

If they want more pay, they need to go to college.

Those who are against people being paid a living wage have no idea of this but going to college/tech school takes money. If one cannot one's child care, rent, car pymt, its a sure thing they can't pay college/tech school tuition.

Those who want to see people punished for being poor also want to see those people and their children hungry and homeless.

Read the posts here. This is basically an issue the haters want to control so they can cause more misery.

Ohmigod, let me break out the violin. No melodrama this extreme should be spun out without violins. :eusa_boohoo:

I love needling people like you. I like to poke and prod driving you basically to wherever I want. It's fun. Like playing a game. Now look at you, paying attention to how many posts I make. You care. I'm affecting your life. It's better than Halo. You are real and I can really piss you off. There is nothing you can do about it either.

You are having delusions of grandeur.

It might be a holdover. I liked playing with people on the witness stand too. What a shame I can't see your eyes. That's where it shows. The reason why you don't believe me. Shhhh I'm going to tell you the truth. The reason is, you have never met anyone who delights in cruelty. That's why you are such fun to play with. You keep thinking you are going to say something, some great expose and I will have to defend. Really all I want is for you to slowly and futilely twist in the wind and you are doing that just fine.

Actually, no...you are having delusions of ADEQUACY!

SEEK PROFESSIONAL PSYCHIATRIC HELP!

When a business expands sufficiently to require workers it becomes a contract between a worker selling his labor and an employer buying that labor. It is no different than selling matchsticks that the employee made in his kitchen. It is negotiation based on what the unit of labor provides and what the business owner needs. That's where it should stay.

Indeed, but valuable workers should be rewarded. When I managed a kennel I was in charge of hiring people, but I could not give raises. That was up to the owner. As a result people would work there a maximum of 6 months and then quit for jobs they felt had a better chance of rewarding them. A good way to incur the owner's wrath was to ask for a raise. She'd find a reason to get rid of you then. It was very bad for morale.

Finally I convinced her to begin properly rewarding good employees. It was small, the highest I ever saw her go at one time was 35 cents, but it sent a message to the employee that we appreciated their contributions. As a result people stayed longer and we were able to really streamline the operation.

She never admitted it, but I could tell that she knew giving raises and paying people a living wage made her company better off in the long run.

When my office was open I never gave raises. When an employee asked for a raise I asked them if they wanted to take on more responsibility. I gave promotions but no raises. One secretary asked for a raise and said she had been offered more money somewhere else. I told her to clean out her desk right then. Immediately.

After I closed my law office, I went back to school and trained to be a dog groomer so I know something about kennel work. When someone wanted to advance beyond cleaning cages (that anyone could do) I offered to teach them grooming. No raises for cleaning up shit and vomit. They are supposed to work only six months and then move on to something else. That's the whole point of entry level work. They become more valuable, to me or to someone else. Up or out. A lot of people opted for out.

I know your type. My wife was a legal secretary for 30 years. She did most of the work and seldom got a raise.

Lawyers suck.

I love needling people like you. I like to poke and prod driving you basically to wherever I want. It's fun. Like playing a game. Now look at you, paying attention to how many posts I make. You care. I'm affecting your life. It's better than Halo. You are real and I can really piss you off. There is nothing you can do about it either.

You are having delusions of grandeur.

It might be a holdover. I liked playing with people on the witness stand too. What a shame I can't see your eyes. That's where it shows. The reason why you don't believe me. Shhhh I'm going to tell you the truth. The reason is, you have never met anyone who delights in cruelty. That's why you are such fun to play with. You keep thinking you are going to say something, some great expose and I will have to defend. Really all I want is for you to slowly and futilely twist in the wind and you are doing that just fine.

Actually, no...you are having delusions of ADEQUACY!

SEEK PROFESSIONAL PSYCHIATRIC HELP!

You can not cure mean spirited people like him. It's how he gets his rocks off.

This is what I think of people who don't support the fast food workers.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdKlpBOvs0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdKlpBOvs0[/ame]

As one who has never having actually been a fast food worker, and never having employed anyone, your opinion is remarkably irrelevant.

Thanks for playing tho' without your ilk the internets would also be remarkably boring.

This started with a few places and is really growing.

The government didn't want to get involved..and it shouldn't now.

Because soon, the fast food industry is going to ask for help.

Help for what?

The story is over. They had their 15 mins in the media.
Oh, the one fast food joint that closed because of protests, most of whom were bused in by unions and other activist groups, the workers that joined the protest( three of them) were fired by the owner.
All of this horseshit about the corporate profits is a smokescreen.
Most if not all fast food restaurants are individually owned franchises. The margins are slim. Fast food is a quick nickel type business.

Pretty,good, you have no incentive to work harder and you get a raise.

There are several states where cost of living raises are tied into the minimum wage. One year the wage went down because the cost of living went down.

Where is the incentive for those in the US to work harder? They don't get paid more, and people working in fast food don't get tips.

You have to work hard over here - don't pull your weight, your hours drop.

Yeah, get rid of the phones, cable, fancy TVs, and other stuff you don't know you can't afford and see how much farther that paycheck goes.

Hey, maybe they can move into caves and build campfires.

Then..they will be like millionaires!

:lol:

Yes. Let's let them indulge in electronic devices and other material wants.
Then excuse them from the responsibility of taking care of their needs.

As one who has never having actually been a fast food worker, and never having employed anyone, your opinion is remarkably irrelevant.

Thanks for playing tho' without your ilk the internets would also be remarkably boring.

I employed people, paid them well, and gave profit sharing,

That's why it is hard to find workers in animal care. They are just looking for a paycheck, want to do as little as possible and know the dogs won't rat them out.

If you want real scum, try a shelter. They have to be post office rejects.

I believe you made a typo. Didn't you mean nursing home workers?

Nursing home people are are bottom feeders. However you usually get what you pay for.

This started with a few places and is really growing.

The government didn't want to get involved..and it shouldn't now.

Because soon, the fast food industry is going to ask for help.

Help for what?

The story is over. They had their 15 mins in the media.
Oh, the one fast food joint that closed because of protests, most of whom were bused in by unions and other activist groups, the workers that joined the protest( three of them) were fired by the owner.
All of this horseshit about the corporate profits is a smokescreen.
Most if not all fast food restaurants are individually owned franchises. The margins are slim. Fast food is a quick nickel type business.
There is a ten per cent sales tax on restaurants in Virginia. The gubmit is the one making the big bucks without even flipping a burger.

There are several states where cost of living raises are tied into the minimum wage. One year the wage went down because the cost of living went down.

Where is the incentive for those in the US to work harder? They don't get paid more, and people working in fast food don't get tips.

The same thing happens up here, and that's what the unions are trying to stop. They aren't asking for more money because they work harder. They are asking for more money without any accountability.

The same thing happens up here, and that's what the unions are trying to stop. They aren't asking for more money because they work harder. They are asking for more money without any accountability.

Fast food workers always work their asses off. Have you ever seen one standing idle? Not very often, unless they are on break.

Forum List

Back