🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

No one puts a dog grooming competitor out of business by being a better dog groomer. Most people are not that sophisticated. The dog looks nice, is clean and maybe has a bow.

These kinds of businesses are put under by truly vicious businesses practices. Find out whatever it is that they don't do and that's what you do. Cut throat pricing. It doesn't take long.

No one puts a dog grooming competitor out of business by being a better dog groomer. Most people are not that sophisticated. The dog looks nice, is clean and maybe has a bow.

These kinds of businesses are put under by truly vicious businesses practices. Find out whatever it is that they don't do and that's what you do. Cut throat pricing. It doesn't take long.

Tell me about it. "Dog business" is about the most viscous business I have ever seen. I've heard others, like real estate, is very cutthroat but I have never been a part of that so I don't know.

But people in the dog business (kennel, grooming etc.) are sharks

/sob

JELLUS!!!!!!

Good bosses are hard to find. I've worked under some horrible people, incompetent ones and bullies (sometimes both in the same package)

Nothing teaches you how to be a good boss better than working under lousy ones.

The dogs. I am jellus of anyone who gets to work with dogs. Getting paid to do what you love? /sigh

And at 40+ posts per day, sounds like somebody is not all that ambitious.

Not to mention fucking off on the boss' dime.

Good point. I'm rather doubting that poster does what they say they do. And when I say rather doubting - I call bullshit.

I AM the boss. The only boss above me is in London. I have just run many other businesses and many different kinds of businesses over the years. I was retired before I came back to this company. My husband used to buy failing restaurants make them successful and sell them. Some of them he bought and sold several times as the new owners ran them into the ground. One of his rules was watch the olives. Fire the guy stealing the olives with no second chances. It makes everyone else pay attention.

I can make a business turn a profit in six months. When I closed the law office and became a dog groomer, in six months I put all but two of my competitors out of business in the first six months. Closed them and bought the phone numbers.

Yes, and I AM Angelina Jolie.

Brad stopped putting out. George is actually the father of these quintuplets I'm expecting.

And that is exactly how I was successful in several months, and having two stylists booked to capacity.

All in school and in business, said it couldn't be done. I showed them it could. One has to not only work hard, but also work smart. :eusa_whistle:

The dogs. I am jellus of anyone who gets to work with dogs. Getting paid to do what you love? /sigh

It can be awesome. I don't care what kind of personal shit you're going through before you get to work, the second you see those wagging tails and panting tongues it goes away for at least the duration of your shift. The dogs make it worth it, that's what I tell my employees. I don't strike fear in their hearts nor do I go all buddybuddy; if you're a dog person just keep them in mind and they'll get you through the rough days. And I only hire dog people :)

That's not to say it doesn't get trying. Like on a day where you've got 15 grooms ready to go home and you're trying to get the boarders out to potty and people keep coming to pick up the grooms and your hand is killing you from where the chihuahua who's never been boarded before bit the hell out it.....you take the good with the bad lol

It can be awesome. I don't care what kind of personal shit you're going through before you get to work, the second you see those wagging tails and panting tongues it goes away for at least the duration of your shift. The dogs make it worth it, that's what I tell my employees. I don't strike fear in their hearts nor do I go all buddybuddy; if you're a dog person just keep them in mind and they'll get you through the rough days. And I only hire dog people :)

That's not to say it doesn't get trying. Like on a day where you've got 15 grooms ready to go home and you're trying to get the boarders out to potty and people keep coming to pick up the grooms and your hand is killing you from where the chihuahua who's never been boarded before bit the hell out it.....you take the good with the bad lol

I've learned that most people who work for boarding and grooming businesses are complete assholes, so kudos to you for doing it right.

Maybe this will put this situation in more perspective:

1174832_10151656005487971_300646792_n.jpg

I don't even have to ask for one. I get one every year. It's the law.

Now you know why I closed a very successful law practice to be a dog groomer. By the time I shut my doors it was a public safety issue.

I had five cats running around and every dog that came in was met by their special cat friend. Even the cat killers. How that happened I will never know. There was a big Chow named Jasmine that killed every cat on her block. Her owner made me promise to put the cats away when Jasmine came in. Jasmine had somehow made friends with one of my cats and liked for Pawsley to sit on the table with her. Then Jasmine's owner came in and caught them. She was furious saying "Jasmine there's a cat. Get the cat". Poor Jasmine looked all over, she was barking her head off. Pawsley was laying right under her the whole time. They never came back. The dog's cwt killer reputation was in tatters. I always warned people that just because they liked this cat and didn't chase these cats, a dog that doesn't normally like cats hasn't changed. This is a special circumstance.

Those five cats were worth their weight in gold. No matter how nervous a dog was, some classical music and a friendly cat settled them right down. If I had dogs really late waiting for pick up, I'd put on some classical music and paint. They would be in their cages watching me paint and listening to the music and go to sleep.

I miss it in many many ways.

I like a workforce who pisses their pants when they hear my name. Those who do well get lavish rewards. Those who don't are unemployed.
This sounds like deeper psychological issues related to bullying to cover a fragile self-esteem.

Now you know why I closed a very successful law practice to be a dog groomer.
This smells like complete bullshit to me, I don't believe a word of it.

I've learned that most people who work for boarding and grooming businesses are complete assholes, so kudos to you for doing it right.

I agree that most people in this line of work are raging assholes. Hell, I could go into a long, long list of things our competitors have done to try to sabotage us. Through the law as well as above and under it. People in this business scare me lol

But a big part of why we have grown so large is because we do it right. We treat the dogs, the owners and the employees right. That does still count for something even today.

Most people who work in the animal care business don't like people. It isn't surprising that you would think they are assholes.

I like a workforce who pisses their pants when they hear my name. Those who do well get lavish rewards. Those who don't are unemployed.
This sounds like deeper psychological issues related to bullying to cover a fragile self-esteem.

Now you know why I closed a very successful law practice to be a dog groomer.
This smells like complete bullshit to me, I don't believe a word of it.

Fortunately my self esteem is so strong it doesn't need your approval.

Good point. I'm rather doubting that poster does what they say they do. And when I say rather doubting - I call bullshit.
Exactly. 47 posts per day much of which is completely unhinged lunatic drivel or irrational lies, I suspect someone with an active fantasy-life more than any of the rampaging success they claim.

Exactly. 47 posts per day much of which is completely unhinged lunatic drivel or irrational lies, I suspect someone with an active fantasy-life more than any of the rampaging success they claim.

Don't much care what you think. It's a comfy place to be.

Be comfy with others seeing your bullshit about your career for what it is :).

Now make another 45 posts... and you'd still be under your daily quota on here, and who knows how many other sites. All day... every day... living that USMB dream...

Oh so that's it. You're jealous. You think I have more free time than you do. That's okay your time will come.

I have just reached that point where I csn do what ever I want. Be patient your day will come.

Forum List

Back