🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

There is no point to retaining employees who are flotsam. Jettison the baggage as fast as possible. There is room only for the ambitious.

Bullshit. I don't want ambitious assholes constantly trying to undercut each other to move up the ladder. I want people who love dogs and are here to get paid

Wow you sound like a first class bitch who has no clue how to run an office.

I used to be a first class bitch. Now I am a world class bitch who runs offices on three continents. I am not their friend. I am not there to hold hands or be sympathetic. I like a workforce who pisses their pants when they hear my name. Those who do well get lavish rewards. Those who don't are unemployed. I believe in up or out. My ideal employee is the one who wants my job.

You're the kind of boss I used to love to pull the squeeze play on.

She's the kind of boss who wonders why someone spits in her coffee, spikes her Evian with Visene, or puts dog shit in her desk!

I used to be a first class bitch. Now I am a world class bitch who runs offices on three continents. I am not their friend. I am not there to hold hands or be sympathetic. I like a workforce who pisses their pants when they hear my name. Those who do well get lavish rewards. Those who don't are unemployed. I believe in up or out. My ideal employee is the one who wants my job.

You're the kind of boss I used to love to pull the squeeze play on.

People are probably pissing in s/h/it's coffee.

Ground glass in her lunch would greatly improve the human race!

Happy employees are productive employees. I doubt many of your employees are happy. I really dislike those who use positions of authority to bully others to feed their power hungry ego.

My employees have always been happy. They are either happy and self confident or insecure. Most people don't know how to run a business. That's why so many fail. The boss wants to be liked. They want friends. It's a popularity contest. They keep poorly performing workers because they are nice or really need the job. A burger flipper who looks forward to 20 years on the job as a burger flipper should have another job. One more inspiring.

Happy employees are productive employees. I doubt many of your employees are happy. I really dislike those who use positions of authority to bully others to feed their power hungry ego.

My employees have always been happy. They are either happy and self confident or insecure. Most people don't know how to run a business. That's why so many fail. The boss wants to be liked. They want friends. It's a popularity contest. They keep poorly performing workers because they are nice or really need the job. A burger flipper who looks forward to 20 years on the job as a burger flipper should have another job. One more inspiring.

Oh bullshit. People who are pissing their pants when they hear your name are not happy. What, do you think each of your posts arrives in a vacuum?

Wow you sound like a first class bitch who has no clue how to run an office.

Either they had no employee retention, or their employees were incredibly stupid.

There is no point to retaining employees who are flotsam. Jettison the baggage as fast as possible. There is room only for the ambitious.

And at 40+ posts per day, sounds like somebody is not all that ambitious.

Not to mention fucking off on the boss' dime.

Either they had no employee retention, or their employees were incredibly stupid.

Good point. I'm rather doubting that poster does what they say they do. And when I say rather doubting - I call bullshit.

Bullshit. I don't want ambitious assholes constantly trying to undercut each other to move up the ladder. I want people who love dogs and are here to get paid

Then you will always have failures working for you. Sad to say. You could do so much better and so could they.

Maybe this will put this situation in more perspective:

1174832_10151656005487971_300646792_n.jpg

I took a shabby kennel built to hold about 90 dogs and 5 years later we'd built onto the property so much we can hold over 200 and now have a boutique and grooming salon. Now, it's not all to my credit. The owner was willing to invest in her business, and between the two of us we found great employees who helped build this into what it is.

I don't care if my workers like me, but I find that when they like their job and actually want to come to work, they do a better job. And a large part of that is making sure they are paid accordingly.

I took a shabby kennel built to hold about 90 dogs and 5 years later we'd built onto the property so much we can hold over 200 and now have a boutique and grooming salon. Now, it's not all to my credit. The owner was willing to invest in her business, and between the two of us we found great employees who helped build this into what it is.

I don't care if my workers like me, but I find that when they like their job and actually want to come to work, they do a better job. And a large part of that is making sure they are paid accordingly.

/sob

JELLUS!!!!!!

There are some jobs that by their very nature do not pay a living wage. They are designed for workers who don't need a living wage but a supplementary wage.

Start paying your babysitter a living wage so you can go to a movie on Saturday night.

No job is "designed for workers."

The job is designed to produce a good or service that (outside of government and charity) will generate a profit.

No Profit: No Job

Of course, with govenment jobs, you actually want to show an economic loss (rather than profit), so you can justify spending more in the future.
Who is more important, the workers or the employers? We can live without employers but not without workers. Our country was founded by farmers.
This is basic chicken or egg stuff.

Farmers are employers, not "workers." Most work their asses off, but they are self-employed.

So about that basic chicken and egg stuff, how could we survive without employers? Where would the workers work?

No job is "designed for workers."

The job is designed to produce a good or service that (outside of government and charity) will generate a profit.

No Profit: No Job

Of course, with govenment jobs, you actually want to show an economic loss (rather than profit), so you can justify spending more in the future.
Who is more important, the workers or the employers? We can live without employers but not without workers. Our country was founded by farmers.
This is basic chicken or egg stuff.

Farmers are employers, not "workers." Most work their asses off, but they are self-employed.

So about that basic chicken and egg stuff, how could we survive without employers? Where would the workers work?

Apparently, overseas.

Then you will always have failures working for you. Sad to say. You could do so much better and so could they.

Don't say shit about my employees. You don't know them. They are not failures, they helped build what I run. I am about lose one now that she got her degree in vet technology. Will be sad to see her go, but I can't pay her what she's worth now.

Ambition leads to distractions and poor morale. When people like their job and want the paycheck, minus the drama that comes with ambition, you don't have to instill fear in their hearts for them to be productive.

/sob

JELLUS!!!!!!

Good bosses are hard to find. I've worked under some horrible people, incompetent ones and bullies (sometimes both in the same package)

Nothing teaches you how to be a good boss better than working under lousy ones.

Good point. I'm rather doubting that poster does what they say they do. And when I say rather doubting - I call bullshit.

I AM the boss. The only boss above me is in London. I have just run many other businesses and many different kinds of businesses over the years. I was retired before I came back to this company. My husband used to buy failing restaurants make them successful and sell them. Some of them he bought and sold several times as the new owners ran them into the ground. One of his rules was watch the olives. Fire the guy stealing the olives with no second chances. It makes everyone else pay attention.

I can make a business turn a profit in six months. When I closed the law office and became a dog groomer, in six months I put all but two of my competitors out of business in the first six months. Closed them and bought the phone numbers.

One doesn't just "become" a dog groomer, it takes years to get good enough to put so many competitors out of business so fast. You're either exaggerating or your market was not very deep

One doesn't just "become" a dog groomer, it takes years to get good enough to put so many competitors out of business so fast. You're either exaggerating or your market was not very deep

It takes many years to be a master dog groomer. Many years. There are contests for master groomers. It doesn't take that long to learn basic haircuts which is what most people want. Surely you don't think the kids at Petco have been doing it for long. Some dogs don't even get haircuts. Wash the stink off and do their nails. went to school, worked for free at a groomers then opened my own shop totally grreen. Then I located an experienced groomer who was close to retirement. I offered free space in exchange for instruction. She jumped at the chance to save a whole bunch of money. We had a two year agreement. In two years she would be in a good place to retire to Oregon. Then I undercut every other groomer in a 25 mile radius WalMart style. . I gave free flea baths, no extra charge. I hired a gorgeous girl and a studly guy to walk my perfectly groomed poodle in the park and along the beach handing out business cards. I then found the supplier for the dollar stores. Leashes and collars were 22 cents each. Every dog that came in got a new leash and collar. Every dog got their picture taken. Reminder cards had their dog's picture. I was being generous at six months it didn't take that long.

Well, that explains it. I believe you. Your initial post seemed to imply that is was through mastery and skill at grooming that put your competitors out of business, when in reality it was marketing and strategy. Don't get me wrong, you were very skilled in how you did it, but it wasn't grooming skill.

What you did kind of echoes what we did when we opened our grooming salon. We found a 72 year old lady who taught at a grooming school and she was our main groomer until we found some experienced groomers as well as a mentor to my boss. You're right, it doesn't take long to do the basic stuff. Hell, they want me to learn but screw that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back