🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

Noomi, you would not believe the lazy fuckers they hire here in the USA at "fast food" establishments. It is slow food! And often cold! I do not support such establishments myself but base my observations on You Tube videos!

Yeah, it gets cold over here too and I like to toss it and cook some more fresh, but you get into trouble for it - wasting food is a bad thing, even if you care about the customers satisfaction.
And don't use social media to even joke about your workplace - I was warned last week that if I put a foot wrong again, I'll be fired.

7 years working my butt off for them and they can't even take a joke.

I'm glad my boss has a sense of humor. Heck, one guy comes in every day with a travel mug that says, "WORK SUCKS!"

Fast food is an entry job. Do these people honestly believe that burger flipping is worth 15 bucks an hour?

I know people with degrees that make less than that.

I get just over $18 an hour for that - and no one flips burgers anymore! It gets irritating when people say that. We have clamshell cookers, they cook both sides of the patty at once lol!

Wendy's, Five Guys, and I think Hardees still use regular cookers.

Fast food is an entry job. Do these people honestly believe that burger flipping is worth 15 bucks an hour?

I know people with degrees that make less than that.

I get just over $18 an hour for that - and no one flips burgers anymore! It gets irritating when people say that. We have clamshell cookers, they cook both sides of the patty at once lol!

Sweetheart, there are no clam shell cookers over here believe me. The proper term is "food desert". That's when corporate Amerika invades inner cities and rolls out McDonalds instead of markets. The population is stuck with french fries and a big mac. Fast food, among other things, is killing minorities especially.

McDonald's has used clamshell cookers for at least twenty years!

When a business expands sufficiently to require workers it becomes a contract between a worker selling his labor and an employer buying that labor. It is no different than selling matchsticks that the employee made in his kitchen. It is negotiation based on what the unit of labor provides and what the business owner needs. That's where it should stay.

There is no requirement that the business expand.

Nope. The business can tell applicants to go fuck sand they aren't hiring anyone. Now, go complain to the union.

I had breakfast at the golden arches this morning. I got to say hello to a lady that graduated high school the same year I did many years ago who was working there. As far as I know she has always worked in some kind of food service. As many years as she has worked in the fast food industry, I would think that she could at least be an assistant manager or a shift supervisor; however, she is not.

I am sure she would like to earn more $$$$$$. She could be earning more if she had a better education or perhaps if she would have tried to be in management. We each have to make our own futures.

There's a dude like that at the local BK...he WAS a manager, for about fifteen years.

Now, he's retired, he works 15-20 hours a week. It keeps him busy, keeps his wife from throwing things at him and the money keeps his old Moto Guzzi on the road.

It looks like hard non stop work for hours on end. I would hate to be stuck in a job like that for a living. I'm not saying they should start out at $15 an hour but the work demand deserves at least $10 an hour to start.

When my office was open I never gave raises. When an employee asked for a raise I asked them if they wanted to take on more responsibility. I gave promotions but no raises.
Wow you sound like a first class bitch who has no clue how to run an office.

When my office was open I never gave raises. When an employee asked for a raise I asked them if they wanted to take on more responsibility. I gave promotions but no raises.

A lot of employers treat people that way. Hell, in right to work states they'll fire you when the quality of your work gets too good, because they know you're worth more than they're paying you and they don't want to address that.

People like that are the employer equivalent of a slumlord.

I used to be a first class bitch. Now I am a world class bitch who runs offices on three continents. I am not their friend. I am not there to hold hands or be sympathetic. I like a workforce who pisses their pants when they hear my name. Those who do well get lavish rewards. Those who don't are unemployed. I believe in up or out. My ideal employee is the one who wants my job.

Either they had no employee retention, or their employees were incredibly stupid.

A lot of employers treat people that way. Hell, in right to work states they'll fire you when the quality of your work gets too good, because they know you're worth more than they're paying you and they don't want to address that.

People like that are the employer equivalent of a slumlord.

You find a lot of that in union shops where co-workers will gang up on the one hard worker who is making the rest of them look bad.

I used to be a first class bitch. Now I am a world class bitch who runs offices on three continents. I am not their friend. I am not there to hold hands or be sympathetic. I like a workforce who pisses their pants when they hear my name. Those who do well get lavish rewards. Those who don't are unemployed. I believe in up or out. My ideal employee is the one who wants my job.

You just keep on keepin on, Dexter.

Happy employees are productive employees. I doubt many of your employees are happy. I really dislike those who use positions of authority to bully others to feed their power hungry ego.

Either they had no employee retention, or their employees were incredibly stupid.

There is no point to retaining employees who are flotsam. Jettison the baggage as fast as possible. There is room only for the ambitious.

You're the kind of boss I used to love to pull the squeeze play on.

You're the kind of boss I used to love to pull the squeeze play on.

People are probably pissing in s/h/it's coffee.

You find a lot of that in union shops where co-workers will gang up on the one hard worker who is making the rest of them look bad.

Quality bosses know how to manage personalities, and no "ganging up" ever happened on my payroll. You know, if you actually get to know your employees, you'll find they're much easier to manage and it's far easier to keep order in the workplace. You don't have to be their friend. My employees knew not to ever talk about their personal issues with me. But they also knew I would hear them out if they made a mistake.

Fear is not respect, and respect is what makes a workforce work as a team.

Sounds to me like you're a sociopathic bully! Anyone ever show up at your office with a loaded 12-bore?

No? Damn, too bad,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back