🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

Where is the incentive for those in the US to work harder? They don't get paid more, and people working in fast food don't get tips.

You have to work hard over here - don't pull your weight, your hours drop.

The same thing happens up here, and that's what the unions are trying to stop. They aren't asking for more money because they work harder. They are asking for more money without any accountability.

Fast food workers always work their asses off. Have you ever seen one standing idle? Not very often, unless they are on break.

Yes, I've seen plenty of lazy fast food workers. Plenty of them hustle also, but they aren't the ones who claim to never get raises either.

The same thing happens up here, and that's what the unions are trying to stop. They aren't asking for more money because they work harder. They are asking for more money without any accountability.

Fast food workers always work their asses off. Have you ever seen one standing idle? Not very often, unless they are on break.

Yes, I've seen plenty of lazy fast food workers. Plenty of them hustle also, but they aren't the ones who claim to never get raises either.

How do you know that? Did you interview them or are you just making things up?

Where is the incentive for those in the US to work harder? They don't get paid more, and people working in fast food don't get tips.

Always? I've have seen good workers and I've seen poor workers. Fast food workers don't always work their asses off. That comment makes me think you are a few fries short of a happy meal.

Always? I've have seen good workers and I've seen poor workers. Fast food workers don't always work their asses off. That comment makes me think you are a few fries short of a happy meal.

Now, you have really hurt my feeling.:(

However you usually get what you pay for.

That the gist of it. Pay people well, they have incentive to work harder. Pay them like shit, why should they work hard?

I guess it comes from working around dogs and being a dog trainer on the side, you learn that you get the best results from positive reinforcement. If you create a working atmosphere where the employees feel wanted and appreciated, when you make them want to come to work, then they bust their asses because they know they have something worth holding on to

That the gist of it. Pay people well, they have incentive to work harder. Pay them like shit, why should they work hard?

I guess it comes from working around dogs and being a dog trainer on the side, you learn that you get the best results from positive reinforcement. If you create a working atmosphere where the employees feel wanted and appreciated, when you make them want to come to work, then they bust their asses because they know they have something worth holding on to

While you make some good points,flipping burgers isn't worth fifteen bucks an hour.
If the employee wants affirmation and kudos he/she should take on something that would actually warrant it. If someone told me I was an excellent fry cook I would consider myself an abject failure.
Do something you can be proud of and the money will come. If you aspire to run the register at micky D's .....? It wont.

While you make some good points,flipping burgers isn't worth fifteen bucks an hour.
If the employee wants affirmation and kudos he/she should take on something that would actually warrant it. If someone told me I was an excellent fry cook I would consider myself an abject failure.
Do something you can be proud of and the money will come. If you aspire to run the register at micky D's .....? It wont.

You can't fault them for trying.

If fast food is your career, it isn't anyone's fault but yours. You want the American Dream dumbass? You should have made some smarter choices in your life.

Not only that. But if person thinks that working 24 hours per week is going to be a decent living, they are in a world of denial.....

When you see a fast food worker hustle, they are the ones looking beyond fast food. They are in school, they want to break into management. They want something. The career fast food worker is lazy, they don't want to be anything but what they are and have a need to make sure you know they are peter principled out. They are like career DMV workers.

If fast food is your career, it isn't anyone's fault but yours. You want the American Dream dumbass? You should have made some smarter choices in your life.

Not only that. But if person thinks that working 24 hours per week is going to be a decent living, they are in a world of denial.....

24 hours per week is a vacation.
3797144896_e5abba1cd0_o.png

Yeah I guess not....But they dont realize how hard it is for me or any other person who's worked their way up the ranks to take them seriously.
It's one of those ..You want what??? Yeah right,like thats gonna happen!! ....things.

This is what I think of people who don't support the fast food workers.

As one who has never having actually been a fast food worker, and never having employed anyone, your opinion is remarkably irrelevant.

Thanks for playing tho' without your ilk the internets would also be remarkably boring.

I employed people, paid them well, and gave profit sharing,

:bsflag:

Interesting:

Fuck managers. I was always self employed.

:lol::lol::lol:

Pretty,good, you have no incentive to work harder and you get a raise.

There are several states where cost of living raises are tied into the minimum wage. One year the wage went down because the cost of living went down.

Who told you US workers "don't get paid more"? True, we don't get meaninglessly large dollar numbers with no corresponding increase in buying power, the way you do, but US workers actually get compensated quite well for what they do, however much our leftists whinge about it. We didn't get to be the meter stick for standard of living by accident.

You just need to understand that, unlike Australia, the US doesn't think it's a good idea to encourage people to be ignorant entry-level drones forever.

I honestly don't care if they go home totally exhausted every night. It in no way makes the job they are doing worth any more money.

Well, the ones who hustle don't NEED to whimper and snivel for raises, because they move on to better jobs.

Yeah I guess not....But they dont realize how hard it is for me or any other person who's worked their way up the ranks to take them seriously.
It's one of those ..You want what??? Yeah right,like thats gonna happen!! ....things.

I would hardly call 15 bucks an hour very far up the ranks.

Besides, whoever started this movement probably just threw 15 an hour out there as a starting point in a negotiation.

That's the gist of it. Figure out which employees have the "give me more money, or get less than the job I agreed to do", and fire their lazy, never-going-to-amount-to-shit asses and replace them with someone who understands the concept of "ladder of job success".

You took the job. You knew what it paid, and you knew what it entailed, and you agreed to do THAT job for THAT pay. At no time have I EVER had a written promise that someone was going to pet and compliment me and boost my self-esteem on a job as part of my compensation. Grow up.

The email below is from Nancy Salgado, who makes $8.25 an hour working at a McDonald's in Chicago. Nancy started a petition on CREDO Mobilize, where activists can launch their own campaigns for progressive change. Will you help Nancy and thousands of her coworkers who are going on strike today to pressure fast food giants to pay their workers a fair wage by signing her petition and sharing it with your friends and family?
CREDO Mobilize
Tell America's fast-food giants: The time is now to raise wages for your workers!

" Sign the petition ►

Today I'm joining a national strike against low pay by thousands of fast food workers in cities across the country.

I'm on strike because I can't make ends meet on low hours and the $8.25/hour I make at McDonald's in Chicago. Because each month I have to make hard choices -- like which meal to skip, or which bill not to pay - just so that my kids and I can get by. No one who works for a living should have to make those choices. And I want more for my kids -- and their future -- than just barely "getting by."

Will you join me and add your name to my petition to demand that the nation's eight largest fast-food chains raise the wages of their workers today?

On behalf of striking fast-food workers across the country, I started my own campaign on CREDO's new site that allows activists to start their own petitions. My petition, which is to McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino's and Papa John's, asks the following:

Together, your restaurants employ millions of people. Millions of people, mostly adults, who can't afford rent if they want to eat. Who can't afford health care if they want to pay their bus fare. Millions of people, and more than 25% of them are parents who can't afford school supplies if they also have to buy school shoes.

Last year your combined profits were $7.35 billion. Yet you still paid most of your workers less than $11,200 a year – poverty wages. It’s shameful. And outrageous.

We call on you to raise wages for your workers.

By now, everyone knows that fast food employees like me can’t make ends meet on minimum wage or barely more. They know how incredibly profitable -- and out of touch -- the corporations we work for are. They know – and you know – that something has to change. Starting now.

We need to know you have our backs -- please help us send the fast food chains we work for a message that people are with us in this fight.

Add your name to my petition to demand that the nation's eight largest fast-food chains raise the wages of their workers today.

Thank you for your support.

Nancy Salgado

Sign the petition ►
CREDO Mobilize helps activists like you make progressive change and fight regressive policies by creating online petitions. Click here to start a petition today."

I have signed this petition. Go here to sign. National strike: Help us be loud! | CREDO Mobilize

What poor Nancy Salgado doesn't get and have attempted to explain to you ad nauseum, is that a business does not compensate a person based on what they need to live on. THAT would be a truly unfair system. There is no rule somewhere that says it is the duty of every business to pay you at least enough to live on. If McDonald's doesn't pay enough to support her, what she needs to do is acquire a skill that does. It's that simple.

Last edited:
When you see a fast food worker hustle, they are the ones looking beyond fast food. They are in school, they want to break into management. They want something. The career fast food worker is lazy, they don't want to be anything but what they are and have a need to make sure you know they are peter principled out. They are like career DMV workers.

Although the DMV is actually quite a good career. It pays well, has good benefits and job security, and is a necessary - albeit unappreciated - function in society.

I would hardly call 15 bucks an hour very far up the ranks.

Besides, whoever started this movement probably just threw 15 an hour out there as a starting point in a negotiation.

"Movement?"

:lol:

I would hardly call a few thousand among millions a movement.

Forum List

Back