🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

While you make some good points,flipping burgers isn't worth fifteen bucks an hour.
If the employee wants affirmation and kudos he/she should take on something that would actually warrant it. If someone told me I was an excellent fry cook I would consider myself an abject failure.
Do something you can be proud of and the money will come. If you aspire to run the register at micky D's .....? It wont.

You can't fault them for trying.

Yeah I guess not....But they dont realize how hard it is for me or any other person who's worked their way up the ranks to take them seriously.
It's one of those ..You want what??? Yeah right,like thats gonna happen!! ....things.

It's a lot like my 23-year-old daughter, who is living in my house right now, telling me, "I do EVERYTHING around here!" Yeah, except for pay the rent, pay the utilities, make the car payment, wash the dishes, take out the trash (she doesn't do dishes and trash, but she will do all the laundry) . . .

Yeah I guess not....But they dont realize how hard it is for me or any other person who's worked their way up the ranks to take them seriously.
It's one of those ..You want what??? Yeah right,like thats gonna happen!! ....things.

It's a lot like my 23-year-old daughter, who is living in my house right now, telling me, "I do EVERYTHING around here!" Yeah, except for pay the rent, pay the utilities, make the car payment, wash the dishes, take out the trash (she doesn't do dishes and trash, but she will do all the laundry) . . .

:eusa_eh:

You are enabling her....

....But that's another Thread.

I would hardly call 15 bucks an hour very far up the ranks.

Besides, whoever started this movement probably just threw 15 an hour out there as a starting point in a negotiation.

I believe it was intended to be approximately twice the minimum wage.

Besides, whoever started this movement probably just threw 15 an hour out there as a starting point in a negotiation.

"Movement?"

:lol:

I would hardly call a few thousand among millions a movement.

Oh, there are certain types of "movements" it might qualify as. :eusa_whistle:

You are enabling her....

Nah. I have to pay the rent and utilities anyway. For that matter, I also have to do the dishes and the trash. This way, I at least don't have to do the laundry or vacuum or dust. Meanwhile, if your family can't give you some breathing room while you get back on your feet, who will?

"Movement?"

:lol:

I would hardly call a few thousand among millions a movement.

Oh, there are certain types of "movements" it might qualify as. :eusa_whistle:

I'd support a $15/hr Bowel Movement!!!

OK, I hope you're happy now!!

Not sure why you think I said 15 bucks an hour is making it.
I see this as a slap in the face to people who actually had to learn something besides the french fry machine to make fifteen bucks an hour. I mean unless of course you skipped all of that and went straight to 100K a year......

You are enabling her....

Nah. I have to pay the rent and utilities anyway. For that matter, I also have to do the dishes and the trash. This way, I at least don't have to do the laundry or vacuum or dust. Meanwhile, if your family can't give you some breathing room while you get back on your feet, who will?

Yep..My older bro went through a nasty divorce and ended up living at my place for over a year. You gotta help family. Of course after about a year I told him to get the hell out or start paying rent.
Amazing how fast he got motivated.....

Fast food is an entry job. Do these people honestly believe that burger flipping is worth 15 bucks an hour?

I know people with degrees that make less than that.

I get just over $18 an hour for that - and no one flips burgers anymore! It gets irritating when people say that. We have clamshell cookers, they cook both sides of the patty at once lol!

Is it harder to operate then a spatula?

You are enabling her....

Yep..My older bro went through a nasty divorce and ended up living at my place for over a year. You gotta help family. Of course after about a year I told him to get the hell out or start paying rent.
Amazing how fast he got motivated.....

She helps out with the food with what income she has at the moment, and as I said, she does a lot of the chores that I personally hate, which I am more than happy to accept as rent.

. . . Just as long as I don't have to hear any nonsense about "doing everything around here".

Lap dancers make about a thousand per night. Lawyers charge hundreds per hour which a low paying secretary performs.

You people are cutting off your noses to spite your faces.

If they want more pay, they need to go to college.

Those who are against people being paid a living wage have no idea of this but going to college/tech school takes money. If one cannot one's child care, rent, car pymt, its a sure thing they can't pay college/tech school tuition.

Those who want to see people punished for being poor also want to see those people and their children hungry and homeless.

Read the posts here. This is basically an issue the haters want to control so they can cause more misery.

You do it the same way everyone does it.
Get a job in a machine shop say...start out deburring parts,sweeping the floors and chipping out machines.
Work your way into inspection so you learn how to use the tools of the trade.(At this point you could stop if you're lazy and still make a living)
Then you take the shit shift for the opportunity to learn the actual trade. All the while increasing your pay. Getting to the point that you start to actually learn the trade can take awhile,and I know you want to be paid for something you haven't actually done,but thats just not the way life works.
Anyone who spends years working in fast food is a fool. You could have become a plumbers helper an electricians helper and got a start on something. Instead you choose the easy way out....No sympathy whatsoever.

There is a lot of nepotism and cronyism in the business world. Especially so called, family businesses.

When a business expands sufficiently to require workers it becomes a contract between a worker selling his labor and an employer buying that labor. It is no different than selling matchsticks that the employee made in his kitchen. It is negotiation based on what the unit of labor provides and what the business owner needs. That's where it should stay.

Indeed, but valuable workers should be rewarded. When I managed a kennel I was in charge of hiring people, but I could not give raises. That was up to the owner. As a result people would work there a maximum of 6 months and then quit for jobs they felt had a better chance of rewarding them. A good way to incur the owner's wrath was to ask for a raise. She'd find a reason to get rid of you then. It was very bad for morale.

Finally I convinced her to begin properly rewarding good employees. It was small, the highest I ever saw her go at one time was 35 cents, but it sent a message to the employee that we appreciated their contributions. As a result people stayed longer and we were able to really streamline the operation.

She never admitted it, but I could tell that she knew giving raises and paying people a living wage made her company better off in the long run.

Wait....so 35 cents moved you into a living wage?
See this is why you need a viable skill. If you had one you would laugh at a raise like that.
I would have responded with my counter offer and if it wasnt accepted I would start looking for a new job. Unless of course you talking about the sixties.

Wow you sound like a first class bitch who has no clue how to run an office.

A lot of employers treat people that way. Hell, in right to work states they'll fire you when the quality of your work gets too good, because they know you're worth more than they're paying you and they don't want to address that.

People like that are the employer equivalent of a slumlord.

You find a lot of that in union shops where co-workers will gang up on the one hard worker who is making the rest of them look bad.

Yeah...but to be fair,that happens in none union shops as well.

Lap dancers make about a thousand per night. Lawyers charge hundreds per hour which a low paying secretary performs.

You people are cutting off your noses to spite your faces.

So, lawyers don't work? Their secretaries do everything?

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back