🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

We'd gladly tell people not to visit the establishment but if we speak a word of of line, guess what? No job.

So your choice is a paycheck. See how easy it is.

I choose the paycheque because at the moment, I have no choice. That doesn't mean I believe we should screw the customers because someone can't be bothered putting decent staff on.

I have a hunch that at some point you are going to figure out that you won't prosper by keeping your same station in life forever, and that you actually have goals and dreams beyond a line job at Macca's.

I want you to print out the posts you have on this site and read them again when you are paying the salaries of those you have hired.

It is one thing to want to make a profit, its another thing to deliberately leave yourself short staffed because you are too stingy to pay another employee to work.

Or the salaries are too high so it's better not to have the extra staff as, if there is no profit, there's no point running the business.

Define "more fair"..
Look, the job and pay for said job are what they are.
The best way for anyone to move on from low skill low pay work is to improve their skills.
"She felt for the employee's that stayed there, because they couldn't leave"..
Oh really? Who was preventing them from quitting?
" Nothing wrong with hard work, just as long as people are being compensated properly for it"....
Define 'compensated properly'..
People who dig ditches by hand work hard. People who cut up chickens in a processing plant work hard. And?....
"this idea that people just because they are low skilled so called individuals, they should all get the same pay regardless of their duties ? That is completely insane thinking, and actually it is a communist style thinking as well. Each job should be rated, and a job rating placed by better pay than a table wiper (or) if you work at the window where the action is fast and tough, then there should be a rating for that position as well. Corporations love communist pay systems, "...
Corporations? ( liberal pro labor buzz term)..Umm, you have it wrong...
What you described abopve is how unions negotiate pay packages. With unions, accurately described as 'labor collectives' everyone under the contract gets paid the same. There is no merit pay for exemplary work or achievement. Creativity and innovation are frowned upon. Workers often come down on fellow workers who "get the job done too quickly" or out perform others in the group.

Many factors can keep people from quitting when they might want to, even the problem of limited opportunity as is found in a sad state of affairs in the economy which could be based on mobility and/or a geographical harder hit area lived in, than say an area that is not as hard hit by economic woes as the other. Now we are talking about low wage individuals (that are not animals or scum just because of), and so when you have this situation, it's harder for the employee to keep enough money in a build up of savings in order to finally move maybe, otherwise if they can into another area for better opportunity or to use it to better their opportunities in other ways (bettering their education maybe or getting a better car to go farther if have to and etc.).

That's very nice...A list of excuses.
So, because certain people feel 'trapped' they should have the temerity to go to their boss and demand more money per hour because they 'can't support their kids' or 'pay the rent'....Or one of a dozen or so excuses they use to extort more form their employees.
And their boss shouldn't understand their circumstances so well either, that he teams up with others in industry, as so to take advantage of Americans while they are down and out... The excuse finding and makings is a two way street. Seems like you only know one way, and that is the only street that you ride down. So sad..

So your choice is a paycheck. See how easy it is.

I choose the paycheque because at the moment, I have no choice. That doesn't mean I believe we should screw the customers because someone can't be bothered putting decent staff on.

You can quit, you have a choice, your why to quit, is smaller than you why to stay.

I will quit as soon as I find another job, believe me. But when you have bills to pay, you need to work anywhere you can. I don't have a choice to leave right now, despite what you might think.

It is one thing to want to make a profit, its another thing to deliberately leave yourself short staffed because you are too stingy to pay another employee to work.

Or the salaries are too high so it's better not to have the extra staff as, if there is no profit, there's no point running the business.

Good point, and the store isn't as successful as was expected - this is only because the owner put it in the middle of nowhere. Why stop at our store when just five mins down the road is another, bigger store, in the centre of the city?

Salaries so high eh ? Nope that hasn't been a problem at all, because people are making in many cases what they were making years ago in these stale waged environment's, but the greedy have no end to their wants, so instead of going out and finding or diversifying to get more business, they instead turn inward to steel the money and job positions of their workers (place one working where two once worked, otherwise a worker working two positions for one salary as one worker), and many other scheming scams that have been tried. How come the ownerships and management staffs can unionize, but the employee's can no longer do it ?

That's all OK eh ?

Salaries so high eh ? Nope that hasn't been a problem at all, because people are making in many cases what they were making years ago in these stale waged environment's, but the greedy have no end to their wants, so instead of going out and finding or diversifying to get more business, they instead turn inward to steel the money and job positions of their workers (place one working where two once worked, otherwise a worker working two positions for one salary as one worker), and many other scheming scams that have been tried. How come the ownerships and management staffs can unionize, but the employee's can no longer do it ?

That's all OK eh ?

One of any business's major bills is salaries.
Please note, a business isn't there to service the workers, it's there to make money for the owners/management/shareholders.
If you don't like your minimum wage job and want more (is that greedy?), go out and diversify or start a business?
Ah, but you'll have a problem. You'll find the greedy workers who put nothing into your business, want a fat chunk of cash but none of the risk you put in.

^ idiot left off the question mark.

Anyway, the answer is clear.

You, Stoopie. You "care."

You are about as smart as a grain of sand in your vagina, and it bugs you that others see how much of a void you are.

Now, back ON topic:

McDonalds is a corporation which is very much entitled to place its own interests (maximizing profits) over the "demands" of its workers, at least to the extent that such rational business decisions are allowed in our society.

The present "demands" of the low-skill workers is absolutely comical and absurd. $15.00 per hour for the menial mindless unskilled shit THEY do?

They will price themselves out of the market. If not robotics, then other workers who will be more or less happy to earn half as much for such unskilled work.

You, Stoopie, need to practice what they are taught to say, "You want fries with that?" It could help get you gainfully employed.

Iliar, you have no idea of the great person I am and who you are talking to.

I could have you put in prison with one email if I wanted to.

I know you for what you are, Stoopie. You couldn't have anybody arrested for anything. Period. And you absolutely could never have me arrested since as you knew before you offered your idiotic bleating lie, I never did anything criminal to you. You fucking nitwit.

You are essentially no different than the other asshole lolberal dufus joke of the interwebz who infests USMB, the talentless TderpM.

Somebody said you have delusions of grandeur. It's worse.

You have delusions of adequacy.

I got your blood pressure rising, didn't I?:lol:

I think she was saying that she supports the workers wanting to be treated better, and that she doesn't like the way McDonald's treats their workers, so she is for the workers speaking out about it, instead of being in support of the corporation who is allegedly treating them wrong be it in pay scale or within the system of pay in which is being used in regards to them.

Snookie is trolling. She says what she thinks will get a reaction - that is the sum total of her posts.

McDonalds doesn't "treat workers" in any way. When I had the Micky Dees franchise - I treated the little parasites far better than they deserved, and a FUCK of a lot better than they treated me. (Stealing the tampons from the women's restroom? WTF) I paid good workers what I needed to keep them, the fuckers that stole everything that wasn't nailed down, I had no desire to pay more. The Peoples Republic may not let me fire anyone, but I don't have to give them hours... The stoners who snuck out any time I or my Ex wasn't watching them, the lazy mofos who wouldn't work even when we did watch them, the assholes with no respect for the store or for the product and supplies...

Yeah, cry me a fucking river...

Little parasites? That shows where your head is. Uppa you ass.

Is everyone in the "protest" these kinds of people that you have spoken about ?

No, those in the "protest" are professional union agitators.

Actual fast food workers are either high school / college kids, or illegal aliens.

If so then you definitely have a point, but I'm betting there are good people among these ranks also don't you ? Now what do you do with the good people for whom might be speaking out ?

Read for content.

First thing I said is that I paid the good employees what ever I needed to, to keep them. There ARE McDonalds workers making $20 an hour. They are the ones that EARN that amount.

I think all job titles should have a rating, and they should have a pay scale that suits each position in which is different than the other positions in which are found within the various task that is being placed upon the labor force, otherwise as being separated and individualized in the task levels.

Of course you do, because you think you should be paid according to what you need and want, not based on what you contribute. The union mentality is always one of mindless bureaucracy, where the worthless are shielded by the productive.

You think the one who calls in sick 3 days a week, who is late from every break, who vanishes during every rush, who half-asses every job, should be paid just as much as the one who shows up for every shift, who is always on time, properly dressed, and completes tasks with a smile. You well illustrate why unions are a cancer.

Job titles are bullshit. People should be compensated based on their contribution to the grown and profitability of the organization.

If, over time this concept has changed or had been taken down, and a communistic style pay system across the board was put in place (no discerning between job titles), then this may be one of the major unionizing factors among those who are complaining. If you have a fry cook who has been there a year, and he is making no more than a person whom walks in the door knowing nothing, and is placed in the same position making the same pay, then Houston we have a problem, and I think this has been a lot of what has been going on maybe.

Then go somewhere else. Seriously, you SEIU people have no clue. I used to snipe the better workers from Wendys all the time. In-N-Out sniped my best people. HOW do you think I would snag a counter or drive through worker in the first pace? (If they are on fries, it means they aren't worth a shit in the first place.)

That's right, I would offer them more money. In the area I was in, the drones might stay, but the best cycled through from Burger King's roach infested shit hole, to Wendys, then McDonalds, and up to the top at In-N-Out.

Even if a raise given is in small percentages when it is given, and the levels or positions are separated, along with the length of service also being separated by these things, then you will find that these problems would fade quickly, but still the right dial in on the pay grades, needs to be sufficient to make it all work as well.

Look dude, I can hook you up to get a franchise, then you can pay your people whatever you want.

But funny, you union goons never seem interested, you only want to tell US what we should pay....

No matter. It's still a conscious choice on the part of the franchisee and any person who decides to procure employment with the company.
This is not, as "noo noo" wants it be, about MC Donald's.
This is about unskilled workers who through their greed 'just want more' because they have 'problems'.

Absolutely true. There ARE some company stores though, that are run directly by McDonald's. (Which is another shitty thing they do, compete against their own franchises.) The bastards opened a company store in Walmart, not 3 miles from our store. Pissed me off royal. But in the end, that was so poorly run that they only got the walk through crowd.

Yes, they want to make money - but they also have customers, and that is the basis of their business. No customers equals no profit.

If you think its okay to work for a business that purposefully short staffs itself constantly to avoid paying a few extra dollars to an employee, and having customers wait up to ten minutes for a cheeseburger, that is great - but we don't like running around like headless chooks trying to do a dozen things at once, and being expected to ignore a waiting customer.

You have no clue about business.

We had a "1 minute or free" policy on drive through at lunch. That meant that once the order was complete, we hit a clock and got the person their food in a minute or less. The customer was KING - period.

You and the other union fools want the employee to be king - which is the death of any business.

I will quit as soon as I find another job, believe me. But when you have bills to pay, you need to work anywhere you can. I don't have a choice to leave right now, despite what you might think.

But seriously, who in their right mind would give you a job? You, who want's to tell customers to go away. You who thinks you're entitled because, well, just because....

I sure the fuck would never hire you.

I think she was saying that she supports the workers wanting to be treated better, and that she doesn't like the way McDonald's treats their workers, so she is for the workers speaking out about it, instead of being in support of the corporation who is allegedly treating them wrong be it in pay scale or within the system of pay in which is being used in regards to them.

Snookie is trolling. She says what she thinks will get a reaction - that is the sum total of her posts.

McDonalds doesn't "treat workers" in any way. When I had the Micky Dees franchise - I treated the little parasites far better than they deserved, and a FUCK of a lot better than they treated me. (Stealing the tampons from the women's restroom? WTF) I paid good workers what I needed to keep them, the fuckers that stole everything that wasn't nailed down, I had no desire to pay more. The Peoples Republic may not let me fire anyone, but I don't have to give them hours... The stoners who snuck out any time I or my Ex wasn't watching them, the lazy mofos who wouldn't work even when we did watch them, the assholes with no respect for the store or for the product and supplies...

Yeah, cry me a fucking river...

Little parasites? That shows where your head is. Uppa you ass.

All employers feel that way about their employees.

Forum List

Back