🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

BINGO!

How simple is that, boycott those companies and be done with them.
Went into a subway today, but it's not representative of the entire corporation and other locals, so one has to be careful on the use of the boycotting trigger, but anyway I waited in line for I know 10 minutes and still wasn't asked what I wanted yet, so I just turned and walked out just like I came in. Now I won't go back there for a while, because they not only did this to me today, but I had talked to others who had experienced the same problem with that store. Yes it's time that people get smart and boycott stores in which they know have a management and/or a service staff/employee problem.

Yes, well, I love Subway's food, but that being said, there are several Subways in town that I won't frequent. No matter how much franchises try to standardize their products and services, they can't totally eliminate the human factor.

I'm an advocate of voting with your pocketbook, but that's not the same as deciding that someone's business needs to be destroyed and wiped away just because I don't like them.

Most people are knee jerk reactionary. Especially libs. All they see is the corporate logo. They have a bad experience, they slam the entire company not even thinking about the fact that the store is a franchise.

So are they still striking?

I just wanted to know if I'm crossing a picket line.

Picket lines..HA!..I walk right in.
There was a butcher's strike at a grocery chain. One the stores was in my home town. The union pulled it's workers because the contract talks were going nowhere.
Anyway, the wife and I went to do the week's shopping.
The rules are the pickets can march and chant. They may carry signs. That's all.
They cannot hassle customers or block doorways. They cannot speak directly to customers.
We got there and the police were there. Apparently the picketers were told to get away from the entrance one too may times.
As we go to walk in, one of the picketers made eye contact with us. She then said something and as we tried to get by, she put her hand out as to stop the shopping cart my wife was pushing. I told the woman she could not do that and to back off. A guy on the line came up and started to say something. I told him to back off. He gave me the old "what are you gonna do about it"...My response, " I know all the cops in town and some I went to school with. You are an outsider."...With that a cop I had known since first grade intervenes and tells the guy he can get back in line or go to jail. Problem solved.

There was a butcher's strike at a grocery chain. One the stores was in my home town. The union pulled it's workers because the contract talks were going nowhere.
The rules are the pickets can march and chant. They may carry signs. That's all.
They cannot hassle customers or block doorways. They cannot speak directly to customers.
We got there and the police were there. Apparently the picketers were told to get away from the entrance one too may times.
As we go to walk in, one of the picketers made eye contact with us. She then said something and as we tried to get by, she put her hand out as to stop the shopping cart my wife was pushing. I told the woman she could not do that and to back off. A guy on the line came up and started to say something. I told him to back off. He gave me the old "what are you gonna do about it"...My response, " I know all the cops in town and some I went to school with. You are an outsider."...With that a cop I had known since first grade intervenes and tells the guy he can get back in line or go to jail. Problem solved.

Actually I wouldn't cross the picket line, I don't eat fast food, unless it is an occasional Peanut Buster Parfait at DQ.

My, aren't you special?

Went into a subway today, but it's not representative of the entire corporation and other locals, so one has to be careful on the use of the boycotting trigger, but anyway I waited in line for I know 10 minutes and still wasn't asked what I wanted yet, so I just turned and walked out just like I came in. Now I won't go back there for a while, because they not only did this to me today, but I had talked to others who had experienced the same problem with that store. Yes it's time that people get smart and boycott stores in which they know have a management and/or a service staff/employee problem.

Yes, well, I love Subway's food, but that being said, there are several Subways in town that I won't frequent. No matter how much franchises try to standardize their products and services, they can't totally eliminate the human factor.

I'm an advocate of voting with your pocketbook, but that's not the same as deciding that someone's business needs to be destroyed and wiped away just because I don't like them.

Most people are knee jerk reactionary. Especially libs. All they see is the corporate logo. They have a bad experience, they slam the entire company not even thinking about the fact that the store is a franchise.

So what? It's a free country.

You people hate free speech.

The Living Wage is the cover for Unions that have lost many members and more importantly the loss of income by less union dues.
It is all about Unions trying to off set their income loses by unionizing other lower paid workers.
Do Unions frown upon their members leaving to get better jobs outside the union?

What's wrong with asking a plumber to dinner ?

Why nothing, but we all know you don't - he's the hired help.

If I tip someone is that a problem, because I have done this before, and people have tipped me beyond my asking rate in the past also, so what's your point ?

Let me rephrase, should you neighbor come over and force you to pay the plumber double, so that he can siphon some of the fee off to fund his retirement? After all, that's what you demand of fast food, that they pay double so that your union can loot the funds to pay for your diamond studded pension.

I never demand of others what I won't do myself, again what's your point ?

Really? How much do you pay your gardener?

Not care for me as in take care of me after work, but at least respect me while I am there.

Problem is, is that you are mixing in something that makes no sense as to how you just played this, because there is a difference in someone being an independent contractor/operator/service provider, as is opposed to companies that work hundreds of employee's who are being mistreated maybe.

It's exactly the same. I mean, in the real world - you work for the government, so there is no accountability. But a company hiring a person to flip burgers is 100% the same as you hiring the pool boy to clean your pool. You offer a sum of money in return for a service. You're not getting married, you're not adopting, you are simply purchasing a service.

I would have no reason to interfere with the man or woman whom comes to my residence to perform a service for me, otherwise to then pry into their business about what they make or how their circumstances are at their company off the cuff, unless they want to tell me about it because they are distraught maybe about it all, and so they just begin laying it on my shoulders trying to get it off of theirs in which I would comment just like I am here in many ways.

Your neighbors should look at what you pay and set the rates. They can determine if you are meeting the needs of those who work for you.

I might suggest something in the way of help if I can (give them other names of companies or refer them if I think they are telling the truth), because I may at that point become aware that the person might be working for a no good company in life, and for whom I need to speak out against or may even boycott if the situation is bad enough.

Again, in grown up land - you have no say what others do. If Consuella want to clean my house for $50 - it's none of your fucking business. If Pedro wants to flip burgers for $9 an hour - it's none of your affair. You ONLY stick your nose in, because you want to steal from McDonalds. You want to force a wage that will let the worker pay union fees, that will fund your pension. It's larceny - and we all know it.

The SEIU pension fund is BROKE - tapped out. While the prospect of paying thousands of union goons to pretend to be fast food workers is appealing, they simply don't have the funds. So NBC lies about it, and they hope no one notices that the whole thing is a farce...

Last edited:
What's wrong with asking a plumber to dinner ?

Why nothing, but we all know you don't - he's the hired help.

If I tip someone is that a problem, because I have done this before, and people have tipped me beyond my asking rate in the past also, so what's your point ?

Let me rephrase, should you neighbor come over and force you to pay the plumber double, so that he can siphon some of the fee off to fund his retirement? After all, that's what you demand of fast food, that they pay double so that your union can loot the funds to pay for your diamond studded pension.

Really? How much do you pay your gardener?

It's exactly the same. I mean, in the real world - you work for the government, so there is no accountability. But a company hiring a person to flip burgers is 100% the same as you hiring the pool boy to clean your pool. You offer a sum of money in return for a service. You're not getting married, you're not adopting, you are simply purchasing a service.

I would have no reason to interfere with the man or woman whom comes to my residence to perform a service for me, otherwise to then pry into their business about what they make or how their circumstances are at their company off the cuff, unless they want to tell me about it because they are distraught maybe about it all, and so they just begin laying it on my shoulders trying to get it off of theirs in which I would comment just like I am here in many ways.

Your neighbors should look at what you pay and set the rates. They can determine if you are meeting the needs of those who work for you.

I might suggest something in the way of help if I can (give them other names of companies or refer them if I think they are telling the truth), because I may at that point become aware that the person might be working for a no good company in life, and for whom I need to speak out against or may even boycott if the situation is bad enough.

Again, in grown up land - you have no say what others do. If Consuella want to clean my house for $50 - it's none of your fucking business. If Pedro wants to flip burgers for $9 an hour - it's none of your affair. You ONLY stick your nose in, because you want to steal from McDonalds. You want to force a wage that will let the worker pay union fees, that will fund your pension. It's larceny - and we all know it.
Well now, isn't it just special that you are appearing as the mean old nasty plantation owner in this post, what (upset that someone might teach the uneducated that they may be worth just a little bit more in life, and that the owner of the plantation might could pay a little bit more if he was more ethical and moral in his ways)? Is this proven in your style of wording here, otherwise so you don't want anyone getting into your candy store do you, and man I bet you would want so badly to be the plantation owner in real time in order to have people down under your foot stool, just like you spoke in regards to the help in which you spoke about in this post in the way that you did...WOW.

Don't yall just love the way people act as if they are so smart here, and then the next thing you know they can't handle it, and they lose their cool like they do, thus exposing themselves in this way? Sounds like a guilty mind speaking here if you ask me, so what are you guilty of maybe ? Have you done good people that have worked for you "wrong" in the past ? I mean to lose it like you did in this post speaks multitudes about your positions or attitude on life, and especially upon the people who are around you in your life as well. Sad!

Last edited:

WalMart makes DC citizens happy by creating jobs and providing wanted products at decent prices.

At the expense of exploiting it's workers and buying everything from china.

You must have this country confused with one where you are forced to work for a company that is exploiting you.

They buy everything from China? Liberal math strikes again. LOL!

The Living Wage is the cover for Unions that have lost many members and more importantly the loss of income by less union dues.
It is all about Unions trying to off set their income loses by unionizing other lower paid workers.
Do Unions frown upon their members leaving to get better jobs outside the union?
To all whom it may concern, I am not union or have never been in a union, and you might be right about what they might be doing or wanting in the situation, but just to be clear, I am coming in from a purely outsider perspective, in which is based on what or how I think workers should be treated in life, but I am in no way nor have I ever been involved in a union. I think some here think that I am, but they have no clue about it really. Just wanted to get that clear, because I am being accused by some, and it is quite funny really.

WalMart makes DC citizens happy by creating jobs and providing wanted products at decent prices.

You must have this country confused with one where you are forced to work for a company that is exploiting you.

They buy everything from China? Liberal math strikes again. LOL!
All depending, there are many whom are bogged down in a bad situation, and just because they are doesn't mean that they should become easy targets for exploitation. I know of a situation where a man had rental property, and he was renting multiple properties as rentals. He then was caught getting favors by weak easily exploited women, whom needed help on the rent, or felt that they needed to become obedient to the owner whom they felt had their lives in his hand. The correct thing that the owner should have been doing is being a Christian and ethical moral up standing citizen in society, in which could teach good things about how to help those whom are in need or need help, and not demand favors in the way that he did just because he saw an easy target to exploit in the ways that he did. This lesson applies to many situations, and people should check themselves if they are exploiting people whom are easy to exploit, and they should get help fast.

What ever happened to people being able to look up to their peers in their life, especially for those whom are above them in their jobs or where have all the role models gone in life ?

Last edited:

Hmm, I guess the retail industry is getting hit by what they see as a bad idea of them holding up the strength that once existed in manufacturing in this country, and in turn once held up a strong middle class. Now since the nation has transferred (in which they all said it would turn into a service and retail industry), yet now they refuse to take the lead? This industry is refusing to hold up a middle class standard as once was seen in other industries across this nation. Now what do we do to keep this nation strong or to grow it strong again, otherwise if the new industry is reluctant to realize it's new role in keeping the nation strong now ? Was the nation duped by Nafta, and this ever since it has transferred over to an industry that will not keep this nation strong or reluctant to take the lead, thus exposing the nation to weakness in many ways now ?

Last edited:

What exploiting? There are normally 20 people who apply for every opening at WallMart.

As I have long said, if you do not like getting minimum wage, get yourself some skills so you make a decent income!

I have not made "Minimum Wage" since I was in High School, over 30 years ago. And the only times I did, it was "Wage +", as in tips or a commission where the actual "minimum Wage" was nothing but beer money.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing how "exploited" some 28 year old slacker is who has never done anything above minimal labor unskilled work. If anybody is over 21 and still making minimum wage, then they need to take a real hard look at themselves, because they are failing in life for one reason or another.

Bad work quality, talking back to the boss or customers, showing up late or not showing up at all, not taking more responsibility, the reasons are many. But I can't think of a single reason why somebody would work at a place for more then a year and still be making minimum wage.

Hell, I was 18 and working at a fast food chain for less then 6 months when I got my first promotion and a 50 cent per hour raise (this was in 1983, $3.35, would be around $1 an hour raise today). And if I had stayed there they were talking about sending me to the 2 year AA program at the corporate headquarters.

But I was already enlisted in the military, so I turned all of that down. But I still left after 9 months, making $4.10. So when people whine about only making minimum wage, I tell them they need to get off their butt and learn a skill so they are not just "minimum wage employees".

What exploiting? There are normally 20 people who apply for every opening at WallMart.

As I have long said, if you do not like getting minimum wage, get yourself some skills so you make a decent income!

I have not made "Minimum Wage" since I was in High School, over 30 years ago. And the only times I did, it was "Wage +", as in tips or a commission where the actual "minimum Wage" was nothing but beer money.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing how "exploited" some 28 year old slacker is who has never done anything above minimal labor unskilled work. If anybody is over 21 and still making minimum wage, then they need to take a real hard look at themselves, because they are failing in life for one reason or another.

Bad work quality, talking back to the boss or customers, showing up late or not showing up at all, not taking more responsibility, the reasons are many. But I can't think of a single reason why somebody would work at a place for more then a year and still be making minimum wage.

Hell, I was 18 and working at a fast food chain for less then 6 months when I got my first promotion and a 50 cent per hour raise (this was in 1983, $3.35, would be around $1 an hour raise today). And if I had stayed there they were talking about sending me to the 2 year AA program at the corporate headquarters.

But I was already enlisted in the military, so I turned all of that down. But I still left after 9 months, making $4.10. So when people whine about only making minimum wage, I tell them they need to get off their butt and learn a skill so they are not just "minimum wage employees".

The military is overpaid. A buck private makes at least 15 per hour counting in benefits, food, clothing, shelter, health care provided.

Forum List

Back