Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Now let's have everyone killed in an auto accident sue the car manufacturers ....same shi . Only worse because many more people are killed in an auto than with a gun....Let's sue ladder manufactures when you fall off one and break your neck....sue tobacco because it kills, so does alcohol....sue the manufactures.....face it, this was a very stupid decision!

Cars killed over 38,000 people in 2017.

AR-15s and AKs......39, in 2018. Over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands

Car makers should be spending a lot of money helping Remington......
Cars are for transportation. Guns are for killing. How many died in the Vegas mass killing with just one shooter? Orlando? These mass killing weapons are irresponsible to sell.

Not near as many as were killed by a rental truck...

Vegas shooter....58.

Rental Truck....86.

Trucks are deadlier than guns.
Trucks are for transportation, guns are for killing. You seem triggered...

so your saying its legal to kill people with a truck,,,
what a dumbass,,,,
Not at all. I’m saying a truck is used for transportation.

Until it's used to run down eighty six people.

Ar-15s are for mass killing.

If that's true, then they must be a really, really creepy products, since the overwhelming vast majority of them are never involved in any human deaths or injuries at all, much less mass killings.
They are. When used many die.

Wrong. When used for mass murders, many die. But most aren't used for that purpose.
Mass shootings are a tragedy but they are at such a low rate and not all school shootings are done with a rifle that banning AR's would have little effect on any shootings

Ar-15s are for mass killing.

If that's true, then they must be a really, really creepy products, since the overwhelming vast majority of them are never involved in any human deaths or injuries at all, much less mass killings.
They are. When used many die.

Wrong. When used for mass murders, many die. But most aren't used for that purpose.
Mass shootings are a tragedy but they are at such a low rate and not all school shootings are done with a rifle that banning AR's would have little effect on any shootings

Agreed. I have argued before that someone with a pistol and enough clips can kill just as many and in the same amount of time as an AR-15. A semiautomatic AR-15 can fire no faster than a semiautomatic pistol. Each is limited to how fast you can pull the trigger.

NRASandhookhigh-Score.gif
now your just disrespecting the dead,,,
Deflection, the truth is the truth. AR's are not for hunting animals, it for hunting peoples.

they work good for both,, but not my choice with hunting,,,give me a big bore 45-70
Real Game hunters use a bolt action rifle, with scopes. Better ones just use the iron sight.
Cowards go hunting say for deer with AR's.

Hunting has nothing to do with the right to bear arms.

I'm not going to walk out of my house packing heat because I think I might run into a possum for dinner.
Today, a six-shooter is all the public needs for self-defense. AR's are for hunting peoples.

Again, for transportation. You can repeat yourself, but it’s still an easy counter...

Lawnmowers kill more people each year than AR-15 rifles do.........70 people are killed by lawnmowers each year....39 by Ar-15s and Ak-47 rifles in 2018.....

Lawnmowers and cars need to be banned, they are both deadlier than AR-15 rifles.
car manufactures should be sued.
Cars are for transportation. Deaths are mostly accidents. Gun manufacturer is arming killers with a weapon that can kill 50+ people quickly.

A truck killed 86 people...more than any mass public shooter in our history...... cars kill over 38,000 people every single year.....

AR-15 rifles...less than 39 people in 2018.....with over 18 million of them in private hands......

Trucks and cars are deadlier than any rifle.
Cars are for transportation. Deaths are mostly accidents. Gun manufacturer is arming killers with a weapon that can kill 50+ people quickly.

And car manufacturers are making vehicles when they know full well that some of their vehicles will be used while the driver is intoxicated and will be killed or kill others. They also know full well that many people, mostly teens, will use their vehicles irresponsibly by texting and driving and will kill themselves and others.

Deflection, the truth is the truth. AR's are not for hunting animals, it for hunting peoples.

they work good for both,, but not my choice with hunting,,,give me a big bore 45-70
Real Game hunters use a bolt action rifle, with scopes. Better ones just use the iron sight.

I'm not going to walk out of my house packing heat because I think I might run into a possum for dinner.
Today, a six-shooter is all the public needs for self-defense. AR's are for hunting peoples.
What qualifications on self-defense do you have to give such a statement?
AND HUNTING HAS NO CONNECTION TO RIGHTS FOR FIREARM OWNERSHIP.

Last edited:
Lawnmowers kill more people each year than AR-15 rifles do.........70 people are killed by lawnmowers each year....39 by Ar-15s and Ak-47 rifles in 2018.....

Lawnmowers and cars need to be banned, they are both deadlier than AR-15 rifles.
car manufactures should be sued.

A truck killed 86 people...more than any mass public shooter in our history...... cars kill over 38,000 people every single year.....

AR-15 rifles...less than 39 people in 2018.....with over 18 million of them in private hands......

Trucks and cars are deadlier than any rifle.

And car manufacturers are making vehicles when they know full well that some of their vehicles will be used while the driver is intoxicated and will be killed or kill others. They also know full well that many people, mostly teens, will use their vehicles irresponsibly by texting and driving and will kill themselves and others.

some people are to stupid to think of " LOGIC" that' s why they CAN'T think and parrot the headlines only.

upload_2019-11-12_15-32-37.png

Great news. The gun industry has been irresponsible in selling weapons for mass killing to the public. Hopefully they will be soon paying for it.

Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

The Supreme Court has denied Remington Arms Co.'s bid to block a lawsuit filed by families who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook school massacre. The families say Remington should be held liable, as the maker of the AR-15-style rifle used in the 2012 killings.

And you are an idiot....where did Remington have any culpability in what happened, you doofus.

What you asshats don't understand, is these companies are the gateway......if you can sue a gun maker for the illegal use of their product, car makers, booze makers, computer makers are all next in line........you moron.

This was a huge decision. The biggest loss for the gun nuts in a generation.

Not really true, at least not for everyone.

A 6-shooter wouldn't have done senior citizen Charles Bronson much good when he lived in the dangerous neighborhood of East New York.

Great news. The gun industry has been irresponsible in selling weapons for mass killing to the public. Hopefully they will be soon paying for it.

The Supreme Court has denied Remington Arms Co.'s bid to block a lawsuit filed by families who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook school massacre. The families say Remington should be held liable, as the maker of the AR-15-style rifle used in the 2012 killings.

And you are an idiot....where did Remington have any culpability in what happened, you doofus.

What you asshats don't understand, is these companies are the gateway......if you can sue a gun maker for the illegal use of their product, car makers, booze makers, computer makers are all next in line........you moron.

This was a huge decision. The biggest loss for the gun nuts in a generation.
1. there is a law that protects gun manufacturers from being sued when their product has been abused.
2. this is a pro-second amendment court
3. YOU'LL BE CALLING THE COURT NAZIS WHEN THEY FOLLOW THE WORDING OF THAT LAW.

And when the supreme court rules in favor of Remington you'll be calling them evil
lol
In this case, I don't see that happening.
There is a law on the books protecting manufacturers from being sued when their product has been abused. They also have warnings on firearms about safety use. Remington will win especially with a pro-second amendment supreme court.
FYI..the 2nd is not an issue in this case. No one is saying that the right to bear arms should be curtailed.

Look at the Tobacco and Oxycontin settlements....for a clue as to what the plaintiffs are going for...if abuse is foreseeable...manufacturer can be held liable.

Negligent Exception ....it's a thing.

And when the supreme court rules in favor of Remington you'll be calling them evil
lol
There is a law on the books protecting manufacturers from being sued when their product has been abused. They also have warnings on firearms about safety use. Remington will win especially with a pro-second amendment supreme court.
FYI..the 2nd is not an issue in this case. No one is saying that the right to bear arms should be curtailed.

Look at the Tobacco and Oxycontin settlements....for a clue as to what the plaintiffs are going for...if abuse is foreseeable...manufacturer can be held liable.

You want to bet it's not about the second amendment?
It's a back door attack on it.
So you mention Tobacco which only effected one person but you neglected to mention alcohol which kills daily and not just the one who was drinking.
Plus as I said there are laws protecting gun manufacturers from being sued when their product was abused.
So you can take your FYI and shove it up your ass.

lol

So you mention Tobacco which only effected one person but you neglected to mention alcohol which kills daily and not just the one who was drinking.
Plus as I said there are laws protecting gun manufacturers from being sued when their product was abused.
Automakers recall millions of cars over deaths caused by defects in what they make, so people stop suing them over the matter.
Gobmint makes sure they do so, with many complaints made. Automakers are not making cars to kill peoples. They fix so they don't kill more.

Gunmakers make the gun to kill, AR's are made to kill peoples in mass. Most guns are defective in design.
Guns loaded can go off, and kill and wound. No people involved other than person shot.
But they don't get recalled, and the victims can't sue them for the damage. Protected with a BS law.

Yeah, it will probably turn against the gun manufacturers. Because that is what political elites want, and they can't overturn the Constitution, they know they can't.

They dont need to. All they have to do is sue the gun companies out of existence. Just like they stifle free speech on the internet and airwaves and bookstores. It is lawyers and corporations doing us in while people squat naively under the Constitution which only checks the government (and that not always).
Folks will be forced to manufacture their own guns and ammo. . . like they did in 1776.

lol

Automakers recall millions of cars over deaths caused by defects in what they make, so people stop suing them over the matter.
Gobmint makes sure they do so, with many complaints made. Automakers are not making cars to kill peoples. They fix so they don't kill more.

Gunmakers make the gun to kill, AR's are made to kill peoples in mass. Most guns are defective in design.
Guns loaded can go off, and kill and wound. No people involved other than person shot.
But they don't get recalled, and the victims can't sue them for the damage. Protected with a BS law.
Another dodge I never mention auto manufactures I did mention alcohol
The purpose of alcohol is to get drunk that is what it is manufactured for.but when you add a vehicle it's really deadly
28 people a day are killed because of alcohol and vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back