Supreme Court Broadens Hobby Lobby Ruling to All Forms of Birth Control

corporations are fictitious entities used by individuals to shield themselves from personal liability they exist to allow jurisdiction to be asserted over an entity or by an entity.

they are not humans. no one ever contemplated corporations having first amendment rights.

but the rabid right wouldn't be singing the same tune if islam was the majority religion.

i'm embarrassed by the decisions being issued by this court.

i do however think if you want to claim you have the right to impose your religion on your employees, then you shouldn't be able to shield yourself from liability for debt, or the torts and criminal actions of your corporation

good luck with that.

If no one ever contemplated corporations having 1st Amendment rights why are newspapers and other sources of news, including Mother Jones, assumed to have 1st Amendment rights when the publish something the government doesn't like?

Also, can you explain how anyone is forcing their religion on anybody? Are Hobby Lobby employees forced to attend mass?

No one is claiming they are.

The person I responded to did, and is far from the only person saying it. Maybe you should read everything before you make stupid claims.

Yeah - they are claiming a "deeply held" religious belief. How do the Justices measure that? Just take their word for it, even when their own history contradicts that claim?

* They offered abortafacients to employees before they were mandated by law

* They funded employee retirements and benefits through investments in companies that manufacture abortafacients

* Does most of it's business with a country which has a terrible human rights record, and has forced abortions.

So, it does look like they just got religion.
Your little bullet list is chock full of lies, and twisted cherry picked information. All of which means nothing. Not a single point you made alters the fact that this company has the right to determine what they will or will not cover going forward. They have that right because of the very laws that allow you to bitch and moan about it.

You act as if the country just died in a horrible nuclear blast when in fact, the sun came out just a little bit.

What if they claim next week that blood transfusions are against their religion?

(some religions forbid them)

If you read the Hobby Lobby decision you would know that they already said that blood transfusions would meet the government interest and trump religious beliefs because it is a life saving treatment. Before you doubly prove your ignorance they said the same thing about vaccines.

The reason the government lost on the contraception issue is they already handed out exemptions to some corporations on the basis of their religious beliefs, thus proving that this was not the only way the government could provide contraception befits to women. which is why you were 100% right when you said the decision is irrelevant.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What if they claim next week that blood transfusions are against their religion?

(some religions forbid them)

What of it? What gives you more voice than others?

Oh yeah- you're a Liberal. Liberals trump shit.

And if anyone dare to step upon the shit of a Liberal- watch out.
So, if one of their employees needs a blood transfusion, let them die?

Compassionate conservatism!

People can't pick their own insurance, companies don't care if their employees die, people can't pay their own bills. It's just government saving us all.

Thank the Lord! And by that, I mean Obama...

Does the fact that National Review has an opinion somehow obligate me to agree with them? The fact that you are fed all your thoughts by external sources does not mean everyone else is.

No, it obligates you to not be a fucking douchebag, attacking Mother Jones instead of "investigating" it yourself, since you see yourself as above mere reporting by, you know, reporters.

Get a fucking grip.

Douchebag? REALLY?

At which point and time to do you grow up and argue your point on merit?

Attacking the messenger instead of the message is a failure to argue the point on merit.

What of it? What gives you more voice than others?

Oh yeah- you're a Liberal. Liberals trump shit.

And if anyone dare to step upon the shit of a Liberal- watch out.
So, if one of their employees needs a blood transfusion, let them die?

Compassionate conservatism!

People can't pick their own insurance, companies don't care if their employees die, people can't pay their own bills. It's just government saving us all.

Thank the Lord! And by that, I mean Obama...

Hating the government while demanding that the government protect religion is a bit contradictory.

I love how the left, who demand that the Government and Conservatives stay out of the bedrooms of people want the Government and Conservatives to pay for what goes on in the bedrooms of people.

Yeah - they are claiming a "deeply held" religious belief. How do the Justices measure that? Just take their word for it, even when their own history contradicts that claim?

* They funded employee retirements and benefits through investments in companies that manufacture abortafacients

* Does most of it's business with a country which has a terrible human rights record, and has forced abortions.

Why has the Liberal agenda been shoved down the throats of America for the past 6 years? And if it's questioned, it just creates more ammunition for Liberals- Cons hate women, the poor, veterans, the disabled... etc. Oh- and we don't believe in science or education? :lol:

Deal with the Supreme Court decision. Suck it up like we've had to suck up the Liberal bullshit since Obama took over the helm.

Elections have consequences.

Bush pushed his conservative agenda down our throats for 8 years. Now it's your turn to take it.

Although I don't know what you're bitching about - wingnuts in Congress haven't let him do much, while Democrats in Congress let Bush do a whole hell of a lot. Way TOO much.

(and I noticed you ignored my Hobby Lobby points. ;) )

WELL too bad for you we won this one and you didn't get to shove this one down our throats..ObamaScamCare just wasn't enough for you people...now go on throwing your tantrums...waaaa

Why has the Liberal agenda been shoved down the throats of America for the past 6 years? And if it's questioned, it just creates more ammunition for Liberals- Cons hate women, the poor, veterans, the disabled... etc. Oh- and we don't believe in science or education? :lol:

Deal with the Supreme Court decision. Suck it up like we've had to suck up the Liberal bullshit since Obama took over the helm.

Elections have consequences.

Bush pushed his conservative agenda down our throats for 8 years. Now it's your turn to take it.

Although I don't know what you're bitching about - wingnuts in Congress haven't let him do much, while Democrats in Congress let Bush do a whole hell of a lot. Way TOO much.

(and I noticed you ignored my Hobby Lobby points. ;) )

:slap:

I noticed someone else dealt with that.

:)

It is starting to look more like SCOTUS isn't interested in prohibiting birth control as much as dismantling obamacare bit by bit.

Certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings. Obamacare is a massive shell game that needs to be dismantled (for America's sake).

Can Scientology owned businesses refuse to cover anti-depressants, and all psychological drugs?

For the record, most of mass shooters in recent years were on antidepressants so, from a moral point of view, it may not be a bad idea for Scientologists and everyone else to refuse funding for them.

Does the fact that National Review has an opinion somehow obligate me to agree with them? The fact that you are fed all your thoughts by external sources does not mean everyone else is.

No, it obligates you to not be a fucking douchebag, attacking Mother Jones instead of "investigating" it yourself, since you see yourself as above mere reporting by, you know, reporters.

Get a fucking grip.

Douchebag? REALLY?

At which point and time to do you grow up and argue your point on merit?

The next time he does will be the first.

Forum List

Back