Supreme Court. Individual mandate

Impossible. By Roberts ruling that the mandate is a tax, he just gave republicans a legal avenue to repeal it for any tax can be repealed. Smart move by Roberts

Sad day for the 99% who just got saddled with more taxes by Dear Ruler. Next, everyone must buy a hybrid, then use multigrain bread. We hit the slippery slope and it's all downhill from here.

News flash obama supporters you better drag every vote you can get too the polls in November. Landslide Romney if you don't

I have the week off, and I already have insurance - simply because I work for a living at a place that offers insurance. Unlike many, MANY places that don't.

Wal-Mart, for example.

And you're paying for my healthcare thanks a bunch.

Luddly says there is no penalty for not buying the insurance, so I guess we don't have to pay the tax.

Or just inform yourself, instead of whining about what he said?

Conservative Meltdown over Obamacare Ruling by a Conservative Leaning Court

there is a Santa Claus :D

It's all over the web, television, talk radio....gawd, the right has been pushed over the cliff on this one.

:eek::eek:

:thewave:

All this did is wake up a sleeping giant just like in 2010 .. How did that work out for the democraps.. It will get more people to the polls like it did in 2010 and vote out the Maxist President

Interesting ruling, very scary slippery slope that might be snowballing.

If they FED can use it's taxing power to force people to buy things disgusing the penalty/mandate as a tax what is next?
(1) Expensive lightbulbs? Get this lighbulbs or pay a global warming tax.
(2) Electric Cars? Get these cars or pay greenhouse gas tax.
(3) Paint your roof white? Paint it white or pay the antireflect tax.
(4) Only eat fruits and vegetables? Or pay the evil carivore tax.
(5) Only wear cotton? Or pay the unpatriotic non-cotton tax.

If the Fed can force you to buy one thing in the guise of a tax for not buying it, what is stopping them from forcing you to buy other things?

NOTE: The state forcing a person to buy say auto insurance is done by it's police powers. Therefore in order for a State to force a resident to purchase a product it has to be in accordance with protecting the State and public. That is a MUCH higher burden to fulfill then the now precedences set by the Fed to force consumer based on it's taxing powers.

medical care is picked up by everyone. all things are not equal. that is what will keep the fed from doing your imaginary imbecilities

6-3

Ooh my god some of the justices are losing their partisan bent

As far as I know, up until this dambass decision only "things" were taxed. There were taxes on income, taxes on tires, taxes on gas, and sales tax on almost everything. But this is the first time I have heard about a tax on nothing. Those who don't purchase something (health insurance) are required to pay a tax? On what? A tax on a non-purchase? The members of the SCOTUS are a bunch of Obama ass-kissing traitors.

This whole damn country is totally insane.

Sad day for the 99% who just got saddled with more taxes by Dear Ruler. Next, everyone must buy a hybrid, then use multigrain bread. We hit the slippery slope and it's all downhill from here.
yep obama is not going to raise taxes he said he wasn't:eusa_whistle:

so which is it? does anyone have a link yet? Half of us say the mandate was struck down and half say it was upheld.

It was struck down under the commerce clause, but upheld as a tax. (Bit of creative reading there, but you have to be able to read creatively if you are a lawyer.)

The commerce clause cannot force people to buy insurance, but Congress can tax anyone who doesn't.

So even though the SC says the mandate is unconstitutional the mandate still stands because it's now been defined as a 'tax', which is within the power of congress?

So if you don't have insurance and choose not to buy it you will now be 'taxed' instead of 'fined'?

Ok, I'm confused.

The mandate was ruled unconstitutional so uncle can't fine you if you choose not to purchase.

But if you choose not to purchase uncle will withhold monies via your tax refund.

Which is, in essence, a mandate.

So . . . uncle gets its cake and can eat it too?

It that right?

:confused:

slow on the uptake?

:thewave:

LMAO at the idiots who claimed the law was unconstitutional.

we were not wrong asshole, it was unconstitutional under the commerce law, it is constitutional as a tax and obamber said it wasn't a tax. he lied, and America died.

And you're paying for my healthcare thanks a bunch.

Luddly says there is no penalty for not buying the insurance, so I guess we don't have to pay the tax.

Or just inform yourself, instead of whining about what he said?

Who's whining, if there is no penalty, then there is no point of buying it. I think it is funny how Luddly came to that conclusion, it would make no sense would it?

That would mean no one would have to buy until they needed it.

nope. everyone doesn't pay for emergency care for your car, but they do pay for emergency care for your pathetic fat ass .

it's all uphill. sanity rules!

the people will now be free from having to pay deadbeat's bills.

Forum List

Back