Supreme Court. Individual mandate

Today is a great day! I'm grinning ear to ear watching the GOP trash going into a complete meltdown :up:

So if a state opts out of Obamacare then someone with a pre-existing condition in that state wouldn't be able to get coverage?

I should not have to pay for their healthcare coverage.

I'm not saying you should, just asking. If the state opts out then all the new provisions in Obamacare don't apply. Is that right? So it will be different in each state depending upon whether they opt in or out?

There are three Jews on the Supreme Court. These Jews are always guaranteed liberal votes, with absolute disregard for the Constitution. There's a forth, a crypto-jew, the same thing. All it takes for Liberals to win any Supreme Court case is for one of the conservatives or moderates to vote with the Jews. (There are no Protestants on the Supreme Court)

Obamacare never had had any chance of losing by more than 4-5.

That said, I don't have much objection to Obamacare. I think it's unconstitutional, but it's almost a good thing insurance is mandatory so that there will be less burden on responsible people to support the medical care of irresponsible people.

It seems there is a lot more to all of this and it's going to take more than 3 min to yell at each other to figure it out.

It's not sounding good for Obamacare at all, but it was not fully struck down as people hoped. What I mean is, it seems like a "win for Obama" but if the mandate is gone and as someone else said the funding is gone.... Obama is in a world of hurt over this next month.

so which is it? does anyone have a link yet? Half of us say the mandate was struck down and half say it was upheld.

It was struck down under the commerce clause, but upheld as a tax. (Bit of creative reading there, but you have to be able to read creatively if you are a lawyer.)

The commerce clause cannot force people to buy insurance, but Congress can tax anyone who doesn't.

80% 0f that 70% don't vote. :laugh2:

most people like parts of the Obamacare law.

they will love it forever.

No way the conservative creeps can get over this one.

:clap2:

Comrade Dante has vision for Amerika.

158469217.jpg

Interesting ruling, very scary slippery slope that might be snowballing.

If they FED can use it's taxing power to force people to buy things disgusing the penalty/mandate as a tax what is next?
(1) Expensive lightbulbs? Get this lighbulbs or pay a global warming tax.
(2) Electric Cars? Get these cars or pay greenhouse gas tax.
(3) Paint your roof white? Paint it white or pay the antireflect tax.
(4) Only eat fruits and vegetables? Or pay the evil carivore tax.
(5) Only wear cotton? Or pay the unpatriotic non-cotton tax.

If the Fed can force you to buy one thing in the guise of a tax for not buying it, what is stopping them from forcing you to buy other things?

NOTE: The state forcing a person to buy say auto insurance is done by it's police powers. Therefore in order for a State to force a resident to purchase a product it has to be in accordance with protecting the State and public. That is a MUCH higher burden to fulfill then the now precedences set by the Fed to force consumer based on it's taxing powers.

Forum List

Back