Supreme Court. Individual mandate

I have the week off, and I already have insurance - simply because I work for a living at a place that offers insurance. Unlike many, MANY places that don't.

Wal-Mart, for example.

And you're paying for my healthcare thanks a bunch.

We probably already do when you go to the Emergency room for shooting yourself in the foot and leave without paying. Lol

I don't go to the doctor but I will now. Get your ass to work I need me some medical care.

The court has slapped down the congress for overreaching.
Congress can not force you buy the insurance and that the mandate it now a tax.
It gave the States their power back. They can now opt out of the expansion in Medicare and Medicaid.
If 26 or more states withdraw from the expansion, the Health Care Act loses the funding needed.
Since it takes much of the funding away for the Health Care Act, it needs be redone or all of it needs repealed.

obama said it was not a tax obamacare was misrepresented.

He didn't think it was. The court did.

This is an absurd thing to bitch about.

NO HELL NO HE SAID IT WAS NOT A TAX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0p9Txm55g8]George Stephanopoulos Interviews Obama - Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

Good post. The President absolutely rejected the notion that the mandate was a tax, except, now, he needs it to be a tax for his Act to have survived so he absolutely accepts the very same notion.

but, at least he's honest and consistent.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Interesting ruling, very scary slippery slope that might be snowballing.

If they FED can use it's taxing power to force people to buy things disgusing the penalty/mandate as a tax what is next?
(1) Expensive lightbulbs? Get this lighbulbs or pay a global warming tax.
(2) Electric Cars? Get these cars or pay greenhouse gas tax.
(3) Paint your roof white? Paint it white or pay the antireflect tax.
(4) Only eat fruits and vegetables? Or pay the evil carivore tax.
(5) Only wear cotton? Or pay the unpatriotic non-cotton tax.

If the Fed can force you to buy one thing in the guise of a tax for not buying it, what is stopping them from forcing you to buy other things?

NOTE: The state forcing a person to buy say auto insurance is done by it's police powers. Therefore in order for a State to force a resident to purchase a product it has to be in accordance with protecting the State and public. That is a MUCH higher burden to fulfill then the now precedences set by the Fed to force consumer based on it's taxing powers.

They're already trying to institute a "greenhouse/global warming" tax. As for auto insurance, there is an option not to operate your motor vehicle on public streets.

NO HELL NO HE SAID IT WAS NOT A TAX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0p9Txm55g8]George Stephanopoulos Interviews Obama - Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

Good post. The President absolutely rejected the notion that the mandate was a tax, except, now, he needs it to be a tax for his Act to have survived so he absolutely accepts the very same notion.

but, at least he's hones and consistent.

:cuckoo:

The government at it's best, deception
Romney 2012

Please. The court has decided it amounts to a tax. That doesn't make it a lie. It makes it a silly semantics debate.

obama said it was not a tax obamacare was misrepresented.

He knew it was and lied about it because he was THEN concerned that if it was a tax that wasn't apportioned as required by the Constitution, it might get shot down.

As it should have been ON THAT basis.

It gave the States their power back. They can now opt out of the expansion in Medicare and Medicaid.
If 26 or more states withdraw from the expansion, the Health Care Act loses the funding needed.
Since it takes much of the funding away for the Health Care Act, it needs be redone or all of it needs repealed.

OK, so you don't understand what happened? Go read the analyses again, all of them.

OK, so you don't understand what happened? Go read the analyses again, all of them.

Shut the fuck up you fucking bot you're the one clueless.

Shut the fuck up you fucking bot you're the one clueless.
He's Melting! Lol

A truly wonderful day for Big Brother. But a truly terrible day for America. Big Brother is absolutely ecstatic Citizens just handed them more control of their lives. Oh the poor sheep, they know not what they do. So sad.

samaritan4507_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

I don't go to the doctor but I will now. Get your ass to work I need me some medical care.

That explains so very much. Lol

I suggest you get your ass back to work I need me some medical care and you're going to be paying the bill.

I paid the bill when your worthless ass walked out of the Emergency room declaring itself unable to pay. Now I don't have to carry your load anymore. Free of your Load at last! Hurray!

Forum List

Back