Supreme Court. Individual mandate

I suggest you get your ass back to work I need me some medical care and you're going to be paying the bill.

I paid the bill when your worthless ass walked out of the Emergency room declaring itself unable to pay. Now I don't have to carry your load anymore. Free of your Load at last! Hurray!

You never paid for my care,but you will now.

Lol. Well you certainly are in need. That's for sure. Lol

So the Mandate is a 'Tax?' This Supreme Court decision is awful. It's so muddled. Forcing Citizens to purchase Health Insurance by way of Fine or 'Tax', is wrong and Un-American. Shame on this Supreme Court.

Paulitician, Roberts said no to a "mandate" but that Congress can tax people for this.

The Right to Tax is already established. The claim here, that the Mandate was not a Tax, is a confirmed Lie and Misrepresentation. I guess somethings should be read before signed, huh. Bumble on.

Justice Roberts said that the court has to look for every possible basis to sustain legislation before striking it down, and HE picked 'tax' because it can't be interfered with by the court.

I paid the bill when your worthless ass walked out of the Emergency room declaring itself unable to pay. Now I don't have to carry your load anymore. Free of your Load at last! Hurray!

You never paid for my care,but you will now.

Lol. Well you certainly are in need. That's for sure. Lol

Get ready for the bill. laugh all you want. I'm laughing harder, you're like money in the bank.

Paulitician, Roberts said no to a "mandate" but that Congress can tax people for this.

The Right to Tax is already established. The claim here, that the Mandate was not a Tax, is a confirmed Lie and Misrepresentation. I guess somethings should be read before signed, huh. Bumble on.

Justice Roberts said that the court has to look for every possible basis to sustain legislation before striking it down, and HE picked 'tax' because it can't be interfered with by the court.

He picked tax because it was written as a tax. How else could he have picked tax?

He picked tax because it was written as a tax. How else could he have picked tax?

He picked "tax" because otherwise he would have had to void that act.

It was NOT written as a tax. It was written explicitly as a "penalty" and as the DISSENT correctly and authoritatively noted, penalty and tax are NOT the same thing.

He picked "tax" because otherwise he would have had to void that act.

It was NOT written as a tax. It was written explicitly as a "penalty" and as the DISSENT correctly and authoritatively noted, penalty and tax are NOT the same thing.

He could not have said it was a tax unless it was written as a tax.

No the bill said mandate.
The Court said that the mandate was unconstitutional that it had to be a tax.

What is unconstitutional is that the commerce part of it. But they upheld it as a tax which I find funny when Obama himself said that it was NOT a tax .. confusing

On odd numbered days, Obama said it was not a tax. On even numbered days, he said it was.

If you have a link to Obama EVER saying the individual mandate was a tax, let me see it. I do have a link that has him saying repeatedly that it was not a tax.The first Democrats that said it was a tax was the lawyers he sent to argue it in front of the Supreme Court.

And Chief Justice Roberts said they were all "wrong", but that the taxing authority for it was consitutional.

Whoever thought it would Obama and Roberts that would guarantee national health care for America?

No the bill said mandate.
The Court said that the mandate was unconstitutional that it had to be a tax.

How could the courts have seen it as a tax unless the text wasn't worded that way. Close too 2000 pages some where within it the verbiage is their

Here's the immediate effect:

Those who don't have ins will have to buy insurance or pay a $5000 fine(tax)

Those who are employed part time will ether be offered employer sponsored ins that will be deducted from their pay or the company will choose to pay a fine(tax), in which case you will not get any coverage.

Those who have ins may lose their coverage because their employer may choose to drop their coverage. Then you'll have to apply with the state for coverage. This has not been set up yet and won't be till 2014.

Those who pay for their own coverage will suffer the least meaning the rich won't be effected by this in the short term. Maybe in 10 years we will have a single payer system and everyone will be stuck with.

What the bill does is make it easy for government to tax anything that relates to health, air, water, food, energy, and transportation.

:lmao:

randpaul.jpg

Forum List

Back