🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Supreme Court Rules Homosexuals Can Sue Employer

Therefore causing employers to think twice when hiring a gay person. If you decide to fire them, you'll get slapped with a discrimination lawsuit.
I don't think they should ask perspective employees about their sexual orientation.
No need to ask, you can almost always tell if a person is gay.

And if you can? As long as they do their job, they should not be fired just for being gay.
But they now have a bigger obstacle getting the job, considering the employer has to now also consider possibility of false accusation of discrimination if they need to get rid of the person. This will only lead to more unemployment for gays.

Ruling was 6-3

Yes it was. One of trump's appointed judges ruled with the liberals.

I'm sure trump and his followers are not happy about that.

We are very happy a judge is not beholden to anything but what he feels is constitutional.

Unlike Ginsburg who sucked Thurgood Marshall's cock and then stuck her head up Karl Marx's ass.

Essentially the ruling illustrates a split among conservatives as to what constitutes ‘textualism’ consistent with rightwing judicial dogma, hostile to ‘statutory interpretation.’

‘Textualism’ is idiocy, of course, because all judicial doctrine and dogma are interpretation consistent with a jurist’s social, political, economic, and legal ideology.

Indeed, all laws are written by lawmakers intended to be interpreted by administrators of the laws and ultimately by the courts.

Therefore causing employers to think twice when hiring a gay person. If you decide to fire them, you'll get slapped with a discrimination lawsuit.
I don't think they should ask perspective employees about their sexual orientation.

And if you can? As long as they do their job, they should not be fired just for being gay.
But they now have a bigger obstacle getting the job, considering the employer has to now also consider possibility of false accusation of discrimination if they need to get rid of the person. This will only lead to more unemployment for gays.
Thats a pretty pathetic argument.Which jobs have you applied for and been asked about your sexual preferences ?

This is a great ruling. No longer can gay people be fired from their job because they are gay!

Take that you homophobic jerks!

Well, that was a no brainer.

How do you figure it was a no brainer? Just curious.

This is a great ruling. No longer can gay people be fired from their job because they are gay!

Easy. I am bisexual/asexual, so I fit into that category. I would just assume the Civil Rights Act applies as much to people like me as anyone else.

Easy. I am bisexual/asexual, so I fit into that category. I would just assume the Civil Rights Act applies as much to people like me as anyone else.

Thanks for the straightforward answer.

Did you know that this was a 6-3 decision?

Thats a pretty pathetic argument.Which jobs have you applied for and been asked about your sexual preferences ?
You must have reading comprehension problems. Nobody asks your sexual preference (among other things), its against the law to even do that. People are usually smart enough to figure out if a person is gay or not.

Once again the Left completely misses the concerns of most AmerIcans, and makes it look as if the entire country was holding its breath waiting for this decision to come down.

You must have reading comprehension problems. Nobody asks your sexual preference (among other things), its against the law to even do that. People are usually smart enough to figure out if a person is gay or not.
Maybe in your little goldfish bowl. Not in the real world.

I can tell if someone is gay in an interview. Some may get past however most are easy to spot. I'm not worried about the liability of hiring minorities, we have several working so it would be tough to prove that we would discriminate.

In the real world, there are companies that won't hire gays, give another reason for not hiring them and tough to prove otherwise. Sad but I know the objective in hiring and it is to protect against potential future lawsuits. My philosophy is different, hire them and if the mess up, keep documentation, have plenty of minorities hired and so when the time comes that you have a legitimate reason to let a person go, you can and have little chance of them suing because they weren't fit to do a job.

I can tell if someone is gay in an interview. Some may get past however most are easy to spot. I'm not worried about the liability of hiring minorities, we have several working so it would be tough to prove that we would discriminate.

In the real world, there are companies that won't hire gays, give another reason for not hiring them and tough to prove otherwise. Sad but I know the objective in hiring and it is to protect against potential future lawsuits. My philosophy is different, hire them and if the mess up, keep documentation, have plenty of minorities hired and so when the time comes that you have a legitimate reason to let a person go, you can and have little chance of them suing because they weren't fit to do a job.
or maybe you can hire them because they are good at their job -- just like you would hire anyone else.....

Why is discrimination against minorities such a must

Has that excuse worked for not hiring blacks, women, etc?

Lets see what happens when a transgender person applies to teach at an Islamic school.
Maybe you should convert to Islam so you can hate gays more freely

How about you provide an answer to the scenario I just listed?

Letting congress figure this out would allow for negotiated exceptions for religious reasons.

Now the courts are going to have to fight it out.

Has that excuse worked for not hiring blacks, women, etc?

Unfortunately, I know some companies that operate that way. The occurrence is a lot less than it used to be but it does happen. I also know of companies that don't hire whites. It is messed up. I like hiring the best person for the job. I want the best. It makes for a healthier company when you do.

Forum List

Back