Survivor. Are you watching?

I do not understand why anyone would watch "Survivor". It's nothing more than a junior high popularity contest.

I like watching it because of the psych trips they play on each other and how far they will go to win a million dollars while going against their own morals for money. It's fascinating to watch.

I do not understand why anyone would watch "Survivor". It's nothing more than a junior high popularity contest.

I do not understand why anyone who feels that way about "Survivor" would be hanging out on a thread where people who watch the show are discussing the show.

I guess some of us have to search out ways to make ourselves feel superior to others.

I make one post out of 738 and I'm "hanging around". It popped up when I clicked on "Active threads". I didn't read it, I just made a comment. Not surprised that it was responded to by a junior high comment. Don't worry, I'll leave you to your thread now.

Brandon tries very hard to be "good". He has to live with being a Hantz..which is probably very hard to do. Even a relative was on Big Brother and he was targeted immediately by everyone in the house just because he was a Hantz. It all boils down to Russell Hantz. Even Brandon's dad was kind of an asshole when he was there the season Brandon played. Imagine being Brandon in that family of hateful users who think fists and being nasty is what gets them ahead...and knowing that is NOT the way to get anywhere but having to battle not only them..but himself.

Maybe I just try to see the good in people. I dunno. Phillip seems like a good sort but he is just too weird. He hides behind a mask and no telling what is underneath that mask. With Brandon..you know what you get. With Phillip...you get games and a helluva lot of backstabbing.

While I'm not going to make the leap that Brandon was above doing some backstabbing of his own, I agree he was his own worse enemy. The threats he made to his own tribe, his irrational response to various situations, and his complete meltdown shown on Wednesday night went way beyond normal Survivor dynamics. It bothered me--made me uncomfortable. And I was glad to see him go for that reason.

As for as the other dynamics of the game, I agree that it is an interesting exercise in what people are willing to do to keep themselves in the game and perhaps in the running for the million dollars. And it does require walking a very fine line--refuse to play the game and you'll invariably be blind sided and voted out. Play the game too well and you might make it to the end, but will never get the jury's vote.

Brandon tries very hard to be "good". He has to live with being a Hantz..which is probably very hard to do. Even a relative was on Big Brother and he was targeted immediately by everyone in the house just because he was a Hantz. It all boils down to Russell Hantz. Even Brandon's dad was kind of an asshole when he was there the season Brandon played. Imagine being Brandon in that family of hateful users who think fists and being nasty is what gets them ahead...and knowing that is NOT the way to get anywhere but having to battle not only them..but himself.

Maybe I just try to see the good in people. I dunno. Phillip seems like a good sort but he is just too weird. He hides behind a mask and no telling what is underneath that mask. With Brandon..you know what you get. With Phillip...you get games and a helluva lot of backstabbing.

Perhaps that is why he is playing Survivor?

I do not understand why anyone who feels that way about "Survivor" would be hanging out on a thread where people who watch the show are discussing the show.

I guess some of us have to search out ways to make ourselves feel superior to others.

I make one post out of 738 and I'm "hanging around". It popped up when I clicked on "Active threads". I didn't read it, I just made a comment. Not surprised that it was responded to by a junior high comment. Don't worry, I'll leave you to your thread now.

Thank you very much.

While I do not normally watch Survivor, I watched the night Brandon got tossed out on his ass. It was worth it. More surprising is that Brandon didn't get his head handed to him when he dumped the food.

While I do not normally watch Survivor, I watched the night Brandon got tossed out on his ass. It was worth it. More surprising is that Brandon didn't get his head handed to him when he dumped the food.

That occurred to me too, and it also raised some questions in my very jaded curiosity at this stage of life. The Favorites of course are faring better with food than are the Fans but they still have to ration like everybody else. Wouldn't it infuriate you for somebody to do that to you? But they really didn't react all that angrily. Very strange. And then for the gals to be sobbing in sympathy and affection for Brandon as he made his grand exit?

I consider myself a caring, loving, empathetic, and forgiving person, but I just didn't get that. Made me wonder all the more that things aren't always as they seem.

They didn't react to sternly because the kid wss clearly unstable. Physical confrontations are strictly forbidden in the rules.

And I hope he was publicly humilliated enough that we don't have to endure his nonsense in the reunion.

ok so, I have not watched for 2 weeks, busy etc.got them tivoed...watched the Brandon meltdown episode...after serious thought, this kid has to be on medication for bi-polar/manic tendencies and if hes not, he should be, or he is and hes off his meds.

and again if hes not, I will wager, oh, within 5 years if that long we will here from this guy again, or that is about him, hes assaulted someone, a family member, co-worker etc..

As far as the behavior of jeff and a few other of the players, like Dawn and her comment when jeff asked her if the tribe is better off, " whats important is Brandon is better off",:eusa_hand:

well, there ya go, as long as everyone gets to be 'who they are' and says 'what they want' to say no matter any cost to others,or how stupid crass or warped, well as long as 'hes fine'.....yup, survivor certainly is a cross section of society all right...:doubt:

His closing comments were delusional too....:cuckoo:

Shamar and Brandon can share the same rubber room....

I have not read anyones comments prior to this post I am going to go watch the last episode first, so I don't read any spoilers etc.

Not sure what to think about the reshuffle Wednesday night. Makes it harder to latch onto individual personalities when they mix it up like that. I'll give it one more week before pronouncing a verdict though. :)

well, that was interesting, but the team of Malcolm etc. does seem heavily weighted....but that may a good thing, they will start eating each other and open up survival for others;)

They didn't react to sternly because the kid wss clearly unstable. Physical confrontations are strictly forbidden in the rules.

And I hope he was publicly humiliated enough that we don't have to endure his nonsense in the reunion.

he'll be there, bet on it, ratings, thats all its about. ;)

Did you hear that stupid Eddie when they formed new teams? He said, "We have all the young, good-looking people on our team!" Is that his entire value system, right there?

I hate to think of a firefighter who values people based on shallow reasons. This is not the first time he has mentioned the best-looking and youngest people in the game...a category he absolutely includes himself in.

What will he do in a fire, climb over the old people to rescue the young, good-looking chick? What a loser. And I LOVE firemen, I consider them heroes...but not him.

Last edited:
Eddie is in love with himself and therefore...not worthy of my attention.

I hope Malcom does not let the whole Survivor negative aspects invade his head. He is my pick and is an all around nice guy but he may fall to the dark side. I hope not.

Phillip...well...he is slowly starting to grow on me again. For now. I liked how he tried to pep them up but most think he is a blow hard and did not take what he was saying in the context of what he was trying to do. Being a weirdo dude doesn't help, so I can't blame them. But I got it. Probably because I don't have to live with him on an island, lol.

Survivor just doesn't have the swagger it used to. The formula has grown stale and has been out for so long that players can now manipulate the game so to speak. The game has become a show about manipulation, lies and other manner of characteristics that weren't that prevalent early on.

I have see a couple of other shows from overseas that have the same basic concept without the challenges or teibal issues. They were interesting but lacked that viewer involvement.

If survivor were to require aptitude tests prior to casting I believe it would allow for people with a bit more personal chatacter to come forth. Sadly I know that will never happen.

Forum List

Back