Suspicious package at CNN New York

Who you figure is behind this?

• Disgruntled conservative

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Disgruntled progressive

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Dem. deep state perhaps exploiting a nutcase to achieve their agenda for votes.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Rep. deep state to stage Dem. deep state staging this to achieve their agenda for votes.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
I don't know who did this, or in which side they exist. I do know that we're living in insane times, and the timing doesn't look good.

Only the most committed and obedient partisan would not acknowledge something that obvious.

That isn't obvious at all. It's actually a rather convoluted idea.

LOL why is it a convoluted idea?
They've gone full-on obtuse on this one.

Huh? What? Where? What? Huh?

Obtuse?

Not entertaining convoluted ideas over the more likely alternative is far from obtuse.
You could be right. One of the many symptoms of hardcore partisan ideology is an intellectual myopia that blinds the afflicted to inputs that don't support their preconceived partisan notions. "If I don't like it, or if I don't agree with it, it must not exist".

So yeah, you really may not see it. You may be completely sincere here. This is why I find the psychology of hardcore partisan ideology so fascinating from a psychological / sociological / anthropological perspective.
I agree.
The hardcore partisan in you allows for you to see only the convoluted theory that satisfies your views rather than starting with the most logical and probable view.

These fake bombs were not real so to speak and were likely sent by a disgruntled democrat who believes that this act will cause people to vote democratic to combat the evil GOP. These were TV bombs and not real explosives. Note that none of them exploded

So where's the proof? Infowars? So why are they saying different on the news this morning?

Wow what a coincidence!!!

All the bombs target people who hate Trump and have been outspoken about their hate.

LMFAO!!!
Isn't weird how a prominent liberal White House journalist (April Ryan) said that America is unsafe for journalists....and within 72 hours fake bombs start showing up at Democrat's offices and homes. John Brennan is now attempting to blame Trump for the hate he himself has been spreading.
It sure looks like a set up. That scumbag Brennan is probably involved.

By your own experience with USPS, what are the chances of multiple packages mailed through USPS with postage stamps all arriving at their destinations the same day?

Just curious.

So some whacked-out zealot or zealots figured this was a good time to throw a monkey wrench into everything. Maybe it's some right wing whacko juiced up on Trump rallies and talk radio. Maybe it's some left wing whacko in a panic over "news" that the "blue wave" might be ebbing, desperate for some sympathy votes.

How did we get here? Escalating hate from both ends. Claims of innocence and finger-pointing by both ends. A complete lack of accountability and honesty by both ends.

Hopefully the cops will find out who did this. Obviously both "ends" have their fingers crossed. But unfortunately, when they do, that whole side of this is fucked, just in time for the elections. But as a country, we have ALL lost here. We should be hanging our heads in shame.

Is anyone surprised this is the point to which we have fallen? Will anyone be surprised when it gets worse?

As long as we deflect for our "side" and refuse to hold our "side" accountable, we are enabling this madness. We are all complicit. Even when our "side" is the "winner".
Last night when I saw on the news that the mad bomber is a poor speller, built extremely rudimentary bombs and apparently thought that Soros, Clinton, and Obama would open their own mail directly, I said OH SHIT! It's someone from USMB!
It was the spelling that clinched it. That and the low IQ. Let's hope the asshole ran out of stamps.
Obviously the spelling was intended to satisfy a typical stereotype that liberals use against conservatives.
The fact that these devices are un-explodeable means they were meant to be discovered so the spelling becomes important.
Folks like you will assume it's your typical knuckle-dragging Trump supporter. One of them actually put a quote "Git Er Done" in the stupid thing.
One of them actually put a quote "Git Er Done" in the stupid thing.
You sure? I heard they only had one, the one that went to CNN. The rest were destroyed. If there had been a note in the package, they would have said so.
I don't know who you're listening to but they're saying on Fox that none of them has gone off. If CNN is saying they've been destroyed they're lying.

So some whacked-out zealot or zealots figured this was a good time to throw a monkey wrench into everything. Maybe it's some right wing whacko juiced up on Trump rallies and talk radio. Maybe it's some left wing whacko in a panic over "news" that the "blue wave" might be ebbing, desperate for some sympathy votes.

How did we get here? Escalating hate from both ends. Claims of innocence and finger-pointing by both ends. A complete lack of accountability and honesty by both ends.

Hopefully the cops will find out who did this. Obviously both "ends" have their fingers crossed. But unfortunately, when they do, that whole side of this is fucked, just in time for the elections. But as a country, we have ALL lost here. We should be hanging our heads in shame.

Is anyone surprised this is the point to which we have fallen? Will anyone be surprised when it gets worse?

As long as we deflect for our "side" and refuse to hold our "side" accountable, we are enabling this madness. We are all complicit. Even when our "side" is the "winner".

Nope. Assholes are responsible for their OWN actions. You need to be given a cookie to know it's wrong to send pipe bombs?? The only losers are whoever sent the bloody things.

Greg
And there ya go.

You forget something?

Frankly this is just a blip.

Greg

I don't know what this means.

A few dummy bombs are worse than massacres??? Been there, yougun'. (Media of course.) Frankly the continuous outrage is boring. Now that it's "made the news" I expect dozens of copycats.

Greg

Dummy bombs? That's not what was just reported on the news.

What a terrible shame. Had the bombs actually blown up the criminals they targeted, the blowback just migt be worth it.

LMFAO.

Wow what a coincidence!!!

All the bombs target people who hate Trump and have been outspoken about their hate.

LMFAO!!!
Isn't weird how a prominent liberal White House journalist (April Ryan) said that America is unsafe for journalists....and within 72 hours fake bombs start showing up at Democrat's offices and homes. John Brennan is now attempting to blame Trump for the hate he himself has been spreading.
It sure looks like a set up. That scumbag Brennan is probably involved.
All of the usual suspects have run to the media without waiting for a suspect. They're all blaming Trump for this.

That isn't obvious at all. It's actually a rather convoluted idea.

LOL why is it a convoluted idea?
They've gone full-on obtuse on this one.

Huh? What? Where? What? Huh?

Obtuse?

Not entertaining convoluted ideas over the more likely alternative is far from obtuse.
You could be right. One of the many symptoms of hardcore partisan ideology is an intellectual myopia that blinds the afflicted to inputs that don't support their preconceived partisan notions. "If I don't like it, or if I don't agree with it, it must not exist".

So yeah, you really may not see it. You may be completely sincere here. This is why I find the psychology of hardcore partisan ideology so fascinating from a psychological / sociological / anthropological perspective.
I agree.
The hardcore partisan in you allows for you to see only the convoluted theory that satisfies your views rather than starting with the most logical and probable view.
Yeah, I have a right winger telling me the same thing in another thread.

Peas in a pod, you folks are.

Thanks for the update Russian troll. Next time, Russian superspy, I would recommend not using Putin as your avatar.
This is being reported on the news right now

LOL, the little democrat that does not like the fact that this is a false flag operation by a democrat that wants to help the dems but will end up helping Trump whines as usual
Make that American not Democrat, Troll.
Is everyone who does not agree with your killing babies a Russian troll in your brain cell of a mind?

Silly girl. These fake bombs are gonna just add to trumps lead

These fake bombs were not real so to speak and were likely sent by a disgruntled democrat who believes that this act will cause people to vote democratic to combat the evil GOP. These were TV bombs and not real explosives. Note that none of them exploded

Definitely Trumps fault.
We have no idea.

The answer is, No it’s not.

It’s the fault of whomever sent the bombs.

Madonna said she thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. If a bomb was sent there, it wouldn’t be her fault.

Agree 100%. Liberals went way to far on Kavanaugh and they know it. This is a Liberal last ditch effort to sway the sympathy vote.
Sad there are so many conservatives who have had lobotomies.
Very adult

For a 5 year old like u

Thanks for the update Russian troll. Next time, Russian superspy, I would recommend not using Putin as your avatar.
This is being reported on the news right now

LOL, the little democrat that does not like the fact that this is a false flag operation by a democrat that wants to help the dems but will end up helping Trump whines as usual
What media is reporting that there were no blasting caps? I haven't heard it so far, but maybe I'm listening to the wrong station. I did hear the Rush Limbaugh "Republicans are Always Innocent" excuse #1218 last night though.

Nope. Assholes are responsible for their OWN actions. You need to be given a cookie to know it's wrong to send pipe bombs?? The only losers are whoever sent the bloody things.

Greg
And there ya go.

You forget something?

Frankly this is just a blip.

Greg

I don't know what this means.

A few dummy bombs are worse than massacres??? Been there, yougun'. (Media of course.) Frankly the continuous outrage is boring. Now that it's "made the news" I expect dozens of copycats.

Greg

Dummy bombs? That's not what was just reported on the news.

Depends on which news you're watching.
Some of them have an agenda.

Isn't it interesting how we supposedly have an accurate account on what the bombs did or did not have....as if someone was privy to information the FBI and Secret Service has.....or else is completely making it up.

It's the left that has a history of making up hate crimes and attacks. They call it lying for justice. This follows the plan so closely that it can't be anything else.

The person will be caught. It will be a democrat operative and they will claim they are raising awareness just before the election.

Then there is this:

Ridge says he was pressured to raise terror alert

For strictly political reasons the Bush Administration raised the threat level during the 2004 campaign....according to the man whose job it was to set the threat level.

WASHINGTON — Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge claims in a new book that he was pressured by other members of President George W. Bush's Cabinet to raise the nation's terror alert level just before the 2004 presidential election.

Ridge says he objected to raising the security level despite the urgings of former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and then-Attorney General John Ashcroft, according to a publicity release from Ridge's publisher. He said the episode convinced him to follow through with his plans to leave the administration; he resigned on Nov. 30, 2004.

Republicans wrote the book on making up threats for political purposes.

Forum List

Back