Suspicious package at CNN New York

Who you figure is behind this?

• Disgruntled conservative

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Disgruntled progressive

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Dem. deep state perhaps exploiting a nutcase to achieve their agenda for votes.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Rep. deep state to stage Dem. deep state staging this to achieve their agenda for votes.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
paybaks a b*tch....
`
What's the point though? I don't buy into these simple minded conspiratorial outrages. They can't see the forest for the trees. I just have a nagging feeling there's more to this than meets the eye, but for now, just the facts please.

The point is they serve as a grand diversion ,while our inept governance runs this country to ruin Wind

You could be right. One of the many symptoms of hardcore partisan ideology is an intellectual myopia that blinds the afflicted to inputs that don't support their preconceived partisan notions. "If I don't like it, or if I don't agree with it, it must not exist".

So yeah, you really may not see it. You may be completely sincere here. This is why I find the psychology of hardcore partisan ideology so fascinating from a psychological / sociological / anthropological perspective.
I agree.
The hardcore partisan in you allows for you to see only the convoluted theory that satisfies your views rather than starting with the most logical and probable view.
Yeah, I have a right winger telling me the same thing in another thread.

Peas in a pod, you folks are.

Peas in a pod?
You're pushing the same dopey narrative as RW media.
I called you on that early in the thread.
Gosh, I guess I'm "called" then, by a fundie.

Great, thanks.

Why do you work so hard to act like you're in the center when you're not at all? It doesn't fool anyone.
Oops, struck a nerve.

That lie is addressed clearly in the second line of my sig, thanks.

A Muslim yells Allu Akbar and guns down 30 in a bar and the Left scream we mustn’t rush to conclusions, it may not be terrorism, but within 5 nanoseconds of the fake bombs the Left were screaming terrorism.

This is a TREMENDOUS point and is a perfect example of the media and Democrats bullying people into what is politically expedient for them.

What media is reporting that there were no blasting caps? I haven't heard it so far, but maybe I'm listening to the wrong station. I did hear the Rush Limbaugh "Republicans are Always Innocent" excuse #1218 last night though.

As long as you get your 'news' from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media, you will be uninformed and ignorant

https://nypost.com/2018/10/24/bomb-sent-to-cnn-came-with-envelope-of-white-powder/

But a source briefed on that device and the one sent to CNN told The Post on Wednesday that they couldn’t actually have blown up because neither was equipped with a blasting cap or other means of detonating explosive material.

“There was nothing to ignite it,” the source said. “There was nothing there.”

The source also said an envelope of unidentified powder contained in the CNN package was too small to create a radiological or biological “dirty bomb.”

The fact that none of the bombs blew up suggests they were built by an amateur, former FBI Agent Steve Gomez told ABC News.

So some whacked-out zealot or zealots figured this was a good time to throw a monkey wrench into everything. Maybe it's some right wing whacko juiced up on Trump rallies and talk radio. Maybe it's some left wing whacko in a panic over "news" that the "blue wave" might be ebbing, desperate for some sympathy votes.

How did we get here? Escalating hate from both ends. Claims of innocence and finger-pointing by both ends. A complete lack of accountability and honesty by both ends.

Hopefully the cops will find out who did this. Obviously both "ends" have their fingers crossed. But unfortunately, when they do, that whole side of this is fucked, just in time for the elections. But as a country, we have ALL lost here. We should be hanging our heads in shame.

Is anyone surprised this is the point to which we have fallen? Will anyone be surprised when it gets worse?

As long as we deflect for our "side" and refuse to hold our "side" accountable, we are enabling this madness. We are all complicit. Even when our "side" is the "winner".
pretty much what i've been saying since i got to these forums. one side does something stupid, the other says "hold my beer" and we wind up with a world of hate and bitterness. people feel justified in their actions because somewhere along the way we've "normalized" extreme behavior.

there is no winner when we've got to the point where we're willing to blow up everything we've built.

I agree.
The hardcore partisan in you allows for you to see only the convoluted theory that satisfies your views rather than starting with the most logical and probable view.

Peas in a pod?

Great, thanks.

Why do you work so hard to act like you're in the center when you're not at all? It doesn't fool anyone.
Oops, struck a nerve.

Funny how people assume they know your political leanings.

I get that all the time from both sides.

When you have adults seriously arguing the DNC sent these bombs or were part of a DNC inside job, lobotomies is the only answer to this rampant derangement and stupidity.

Yeah, next thing people will be accusing dimocrap scum of rigging their own elections.

Peas in a pod?

Great, thanks.

Oops, struck a nerve.

Funny how people assume they know your political leanings.

I get that all the time from both sides.

One of the symptoms of the affliction is myopic, binary thought.

So some whacked-out zealot or zealots figured this was a good time to throw a monkey wrench into everything. Maybe it's some right wing whacko juiced up on Trump rallies and talk radio. Maybe it's some left wing whacko in a panic over "news" that the "blue wave" might be ebbing, desperate for some sympathy votes.

How did we get here? Escalating hate from both ends. Claims of innocence and finger-pointing by both ends. A complete lack of accountability and honesty by both ends.

Hopefully the cops will find out who did this. Obviously both "ends" have their fingers crossed. But unfortunately, when they do, that whole side of this is fucked, just in time for the elections. But as a country, we have ALL lost here. We should be hanging our heads in shame.

Is anyone surprised this is where we've fallen to? Will anyone be surprised when it gets worse?

As long as we deflect for our "side" and refuse to hold our "side" accountable, we are enabling this madness. We are all complicit. Even when our "side" is the "winner".

This pretty much says it all, how sad for most of us in the middle that the nut jobs are at the wheel of both of these ships!
Our "leaders" are the biggest enablers of them all.

Party over country.
It all comes straight from the top....>
How can hate speech be curbed in political campaigns?
The problem is, as Aldo Raine pointed out, we're electing 'em.
Are we being given REAL choices? For instance, 2016.

Thanks for the update Russian troll. Next time, Russian superspy, I would recommend not using Putin as your avatar.
This is being reported on the news right now

LOL, the little democrat that does not like the fact that this is a false flag operation by a democrat that wants to help the dems but will end up helping Trump whines as usual
Make that American not Democrat, Troll.
Is everyone who does not agree with your killing babies a Russian troll in your brain cell of a mind?

Silly girl. These fake bombs are gonna just add to trumps lead
"these fake bombs are gonna just add to trump`s lead" along with the crashing economy? LOL! What`s he leading? Another question for you. Who is killing babies and why haven`t you called the police?

Is anyone surprised this is where we've fallen to? Will anyone be surprised when it gets worse?

This pretty much says it all, how sad for most of us in the middle that the nut jobs are at the wheel of both of these ships!
Our "leaders" are the biggest enablers of them all.

Party over country.
It all comes straight from the top....>
How can hate speech be curbed in political campaigns?
The problem is, as Aldo Raine pointed out, we're electing 'em.
Are we being given REAL choices? For instance, 2016.
Seems to me that our "leaders" are essentially a reflection of our society.

Just as that with which we choose to entertain ourselves.

So, yeah, that's probably not a good sign.

These fake bombs were not real so to speak and were likely sent by a disgruntled democrat who believes that this act will cause people to vote democratic to combat the evil GOP. These were TV bombs and not real explosives. Note that none of them exploded

Agree 100%. Liberals went way to far on Kavanaugh and they know it. This is a Liberal last ditch effort to sway the sympathy vote.
How dare they try to keep a drunken groper off the Supreme Court. What will sway the votes is the crumbling economy.
Drunken Groper??
Let's look at the facts.
The victim couldn't remember when, where, or much of anything else about it so that the judge couldn't establish an alibi.
This was supposed to have happened when they were kids almost 40 years ago.
I guess the new standard is if you pooped your diaper when you were a baby you aren't qualified to be on the court.
Yet Bill Clinton has been accused of rape on more than one occasion long before the #Metoo movement, and he should be allowed to be in the White House???

So now, Bobby DeNiro got one. I wonder if he requested to be included? He has zero importance in the scheme of things.

And yet Trump tweeted this this am, he can no longer get away with this crap. What are you going to do the MSM, close them?? He is a very sick twist.

Verified account @realDonaldTrump
A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News. It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!

By your own experience with USPS, what are the chances of multiple packages mailed through USPS with postage stamps all arriving at their destinations the same day?

Just curious.
Hey billy, I thought of you yesterday as I listened to Limbaugh plant the "Democrats sent the bombs to hurt Republicans".

That assumption was already old before Limbaugh said anything about it.

Forum List

Back