🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SWAT team throws stun grenade:lands in baby crib

MORE

It appears this drug dealer, who sold meth...used his baby's crib to block the door. What scum...how can you guys support this thug?

Because saying maybe the cops should have taken an approach that didn't result in a roasted baby is the same thing as supporting a thug.
You act as if the police planned to roast a baby. How do you blame the police and not the criminal. The METH dealer. The convict who has been previously arrested on weapons charges.

Who wasn't even in the house.

A confidential informant hours earlier had purchased methamphetamine at the house, the sheriff says. The informant told police that there were men standing guard outside the home, and it was unclear whether they were armed, according to CNN affiliate WGCL.

Because the suspected drug dealer, Wanis Thonetheva, had a previous weapons charge, officers were issued a "no-knock warrant" for the residence, Terrell said.

When the SWAT team hit the home's front door with a battering ram, it resisted as if something was up against it, the sheriff said, so one of the officers threw the flash-bang grenade inside the residence.Once inside the house, the SWAT team realized it was a portable playpen blocking the door, and the flash-bang grenade had landed inside where the 19-month-old was sleeping, the sheriff said.
MORE

It appears this drug dealer, who sold meth...used his baby's crib to block the door. What scum...how can you guys support this thug?

The guy wasn't even home, how could he have blocked the door?
Somebody did...but I guess you think this is a GREAT family considering they knew there was drug activity in the home...so they just made the kids go in another room.

MORE

The guy wasn't even home, how could he have blocked the door?
Somebody did...but I guess you think this is a GREAT family considering they knew there was drug activity in the home...so they just made the kids go in another room.

All we have for that is the word of the cops, the same ones who ended p arresting the guy they were looking for in another house after relying on the word of an informant who is a drug addict himself.

There will be no settlement. A jury will understand the parents are at fault, not the cops. The people who believe the cops shouldn't enforce the law, arrest criminals and protect themselves are a minority.
That will depend on two things; jury composition and skill of the parents' lawyer. The picture of that little baby will make one hell of an impression on the average juror.

There will be no settlement. A jury will understand the parents are at fault, not the cops. The people who believe the cops shouldn't enforce the law, arrest criminals and protect themselves are a minority.
That will depend on two things; jury composition and skill of the parents' lawyer. The picture of that little baby will make one hell of an impression on the average juror.

Administrative ruling...I doubt a jury would ever see this case.

More like settlement...less press that way.

The police were going to a known drug house...where a criminal who had previous weapons charges lived and sold drugs. I suppose they should have come with wine and flowers and wooed him out...right?

I'm saying restraint isn't a bad thing, that the lives of cops don't trump the rights of citizens, and burned babies isn't just the cost of police doing business. You want to use SWAT for high profile problems like hostages and active shooters, then I'm all for it, but using it for run-of-the-mill warrants just because the cops don't want to risk themselves is asking for trouble.
I see your point, and I can accept it...nonetheless, this was a tragic accident. Nothing more. The man arrested is a hardened criminal and ALL the blame should be placed on him. AND, it was not a run of the mill warrant. It was a no-knock warrant because the suspect has already been defined as a piece of shit criminal scumbag. No bond??? That should tell you what kind of asshole this guy was.

No, an accident is when someone trips and falls. Throwing a grenade in a home with children is not an accident, it's a crime.

Face it they used excessive force and everyone involved should see jail time for it.

Their job is to serve and protect, not blow up babies.

But they got to use their cool TOYS! That';s the truly important part!

Many a truth is said in jest!

I wonder if present generation Americans are as outraged by these increasingly common examples of the emerging police state as are those of us who are old enough to remember a time when we would not believe such things could happen in this Nation -- and because of some vaguely mentioned "drug" investigation. This so-called "War On Drugs" has become justification for some of the most outrageously oppressive conduct on the part of our police and the Congress stands by letting it go on.

The media should not be allowed to evade reporting on this goddam shame!

That wasn't a jest...that is how they think! Honestly...how long before it's not a stun grenade, it's a frag grenade, or a satchel charge?

Throwing grenades into a house full of sleeping people is not safe. Cops have a safe job & not even listed as a top 10 dangerous job. These Cops are tyrant thugs have the retarded police state fascist believing they were protecting themselves in a firefight. - LOL - The truth is these thugs attacked an innocent sleeping baby.

A confidential informant hours earlier had purchased methamphetamine at the house, the sheriff says. The informant told police that there were men standing guard outside the home, and it was unclear whether they were armed, according to CNN affiliate WGCL.

Because the suspected drug dealer, Wanis Thonetheva, had a previous weapons charge, officers were issued a "no-knock warrant" for the residence, Terrell said.

When the SWAT team hit the home's front door with a battering ram, it resisted as if something was up against it, the sheriff said, so one of the officers threw the flash-bang grenade inside the residence.Once inside the house, the SWAT team realized it was a portable playpen blocking the door, and the flash-bang grenade had landed inside where the 19-month-old was sleeping, the sheriff said.

MORE

Repeat after me: WHEN THERE IS AN INFANT IN THE HOUSE, YOU DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING FUCKING STUN GRENADES! Is that clear enough?

I will bet you a billion billion dollars a day for a billion billion days that this will NEVER see the inside of a courtroom. The city WILL settle.

I will bet you a billion billion dollars a day for a billion billion days that this will NEVER see the inside of a courtroom. The city WILL settle.
You're probably right. These people don't have enough money to wait out a major litigation.

But if they hire a decent lawyer who doesn't sell them out I'm sure there will be a handsome settlement. Because if this went to trial I'm sure a jury would draw blood.

God help. That poor little baby is scarred for life now. Those bastards should pay his medical expenses for life!

Georgia is a Red state. They don't want to pay for the needs of any children. Remember?

Hopefully we can change that in November. A vulnerable republican governor and an open senate seat with a strong democrat and 2 republicans still bitching at each other until the end of July.

Great, then you can have more cops dropping grenades on babies.

Good luck with that. The family gets to choose. Further they get to go after the individual cop under Title 18 Section 243 of the Federal Code for "violation of civil rights under color of authority". He has to use his OWN money in his defense. They will own his home and whatever else they want by the end of it.

That was an incredibly stupid decision to toss a stun grenade into a room without prior recon. That's worthy of the stupidest ultra left or right wing militia moron. You would expect professionals to act like....well professionals.

Good luck with that. The family gets to choose. Further they get to go after the individual cop under Title 18 Section 243 of the Federal Code for "violation of civil rights under color of authority". He has to use his OWN money in his defense. They will own his home and whatever else they want by the end of it.

That was an incredibly stupid decision to toss a stun grenade into a room without prior recon. That's worthy of the stupidest ultra left or right wing militia moron. You would expect professionals to act like....well professionals.

You are just too stupid to have a discussion with...really! I am not even going to attempt to explain anything to you...you wouldn't understand. I realize this now and will treat you as such. Just remember to shut up when adults are speaking.

Forum List

Back