🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SWAT team throws stun grenade:lands in baby crib

They didn't intentionally throw anything in the crib. You turned a potential valid point into a fail.

You do believe in enforcing laws, no?

It depends, but in many circumstances, no. I do not believe that any consensual activity between adults should be subject to criminal charges. Ingesting or selling drugs, possessing firearms...these activities do not infringe on the rights of another and should not, IMO, be prosecuted whether there is a baby in the house or not.

If the guy had knowingly sold meth to a child, I might agree with you. If the guy had used his firearms to harm or take from another, I agree that the baby's injuries were nothing more than an unfortunate consequence of a legal and righteous raid. Otherwise, no.

That said, I might also agree with others that if the police are going to use their flashbang toys, they should use a their thermal imaging toy first...because, you know, there might be a baby in the house.

This was a no-knock warrant, all because someone who lived in the house sold a small amount of meth to an informant.

The Baby was there as a guests because the family of the Baby recently had their house burned down so they needed a place to stay.

No-Knock warrants should be illegal.

There was an 80 year old lady killed a few years ago in GA because the Police did a no-knock warrant and the Police were at the wrong house, the lady tried to defend herself as no one announced they were the Police when they broke into her house.

This is America not a Communist Country, a proper Warrant with proper notification should be given.

I wouldn't say they should be illegal, but rare...VERY rare. The most common justification for a no-knock is that evidence could be destroyed, meaning the inhabitant could flush drugs down the toilet. I do not think that justifies a no-knock warrant. However, I can see some very rare circumstances in which a no-knock warrant makes sense, such as a situation in which some is being held against their will and if the police announce themselves an innocent life could be in danger. Of course, in those situations, a warrant may not be required at all!

Anyway, I agree with your sentiment but would say there MAY be some justification for no-knocks. Today, they seemed to be used with shocking regularity.

One of the mega reasons my little white ass radar is on high alert is deja vu. I lived thru the 60's. I know why the BP's formed. I fight with a lot on the conservative side till they hear me out and I explain to them the why and the how of the BP's.

This "we'll come at you with everything we've got" local police action has got this old broad in high gear going against this bullshit.

This is wrong.

I wouldn't say they should be illegal, but rare...VERY rare. The most common justification for a no-knock is that evidence could be destroyed, meaning the inhabitant could flush drugs down the toilet. I do not think that justifies a no-knock warrant. However, I can see some very rare circumstances in which a no-knock warrant makes sense, such as a situation in which some is being held against their will and if the police announce themselves an innocent life could be in danger. Of course, in those situations, a warrant may not be required at all!

Anyway, I agree with your sentiment but would say there MAY be some justification for no-knocks. Today, they seemed to be used with shocking regularity.

Abuse of power on a richter scale of 20 plus.

When one starts to fear the police society will change. And the police will begin truly to fear the people.

It's happened before. And I see it on the horizon again.

They didn't intentionally throw anything in the crib. You turned a potential valid point into a fail.

Their intent is irrelevant,all that matters is that they threw a grenade into a playpen with a sleeping baby because they were to stupid to properly secure the premises.

Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009 The task force followed Ayers to a convenience store, where he went in to get money from an ATM. When he returned and got into his car they pounced. They pulled up behind him in an unmarked black SUV. Armed agents dressed in street clothes then rushed Ayers’s car. He put his car in reverse and attempted to escape. In the process, he nicked one agent. Another then opened fire, killing him. Ayers told hospital staff was that he thought he was being robbed. His reported last words were, “Who shot me?” Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

Holy toledo this is outrageous. All this "over the top" force being used these days is insane.

Horror as SWAT team throw a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns

Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh and her 19-month-old son, Bou, were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgi

They were all asleep when police raided the home early Wednesday

Phonesavanh said officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face

The child was seriously injured and was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma

Most photographs of the baby's burns are too graphic to show

Police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the SWAT operation

It's not clear if any drugs were found in the home during the raid

Story at link. Baby before.

article-2643344-1E52023300000578-751_306x495.jpg

Baby after. I am just disgusted and appalled over this.

article-2643344-1E52023800000578-215_306x495.jpg

SWAT team throw stun grenade into baby's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in coma | Mail Online

I feel so bad for that baby. Why would you move your baby in with a drug dealer? I don't care how bad off I am, I will go to a shelter before I move my child in with a drug dealer.

Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009 The task force followed Ayers to a convenience store, where he went in to get money from an ATM. When he returned and got into his car they pounced. They pulled up behind him in an unmarked black SUV. Armed agents dressed in street clothes then rushed Ayers’s car. He put his car in reverse and attempted to escape. In the process, he nicked one agent. Another then opened fire, killing him. Ayers told hospital staff was that he thought he was being robbed. His reported last words were, “Who shot me?” Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

I'm sorry, but if you try to run over the cops, you're going to get shot. Weren't the agents wearing vests that say "police?"

holy toledo this is outrageous. All this "over the top" force being used these days is insane.

horror as swat team throw a stun grenade into a toddler's crib during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns

wisconsin mother alecia phonesavanh and her 19-month-old son, bou, were visiting her sister-in-law in atlanta, georgi

they were all asleep when police raided the home early wednesday

phonesavanh said officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face

the child was seriously injured and was rushed to grady memorial hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma

most photographs of the baby's burns are too graphic to show

police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the swat operation

it's not clear if any drugs were found in the home during the raid

story at link. Baby before.

article-2643344-1e52023300000578-751_306x495.jpg

baby after. I am just disgusted and appalled over this.

article-2643344-1e52023800000578-215_306x495.jpg

swat team throw stun grenade into baby's crib during drugs raid leaving him in coma | mail online

i feel so bad for that baby. Why would you move your baby in with a drug dealer? I don't care how bad off i am, i will go to a shelter before i move my child in with a drug dealer.
wow

drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009 the task force followed ayers to a convenience store, where he went in to get money from an atm. When he returned and got into his car they pounced. They pulled up behind him in an unmarked black suv. Armed agents dressed in street clothes then rushed ayers’s car. He put his car in reverse and attempted to escape. In the process, he nicked one agent. Another then opened fire, killing him. Ayers told hospital staff was that he thought he was being robbed. His reported last words were, “who shot me?” drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

i'm sorry, but if you try to run over the cops, you're going to get shot. Weren't the agents wearing vests that say "police?"

wow

Why was the baby in a drug house? And why was it's playpen against the door?
The story is sad, but I would rather live in a shelter than live in a meth house.

I'm sorry, but if you try to run over the cops, you're going to get shot. Weren't the agents wearing vests that say "police?"
Did You read?

Dang, you almost got me. These stores have nothing to do with the op. Prove the cops were negligent in this case and I'll demand their heads on a platter.

Holy toledo this is outrageous. All this "over the top" force being used these days is insane.

Horror as SWAT team throw a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns

Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh and her 19-month-old son, Bou, were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgi

They were all asleep when police raided the home early Wednesday

Phonesavanh said officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face

The child was seriously injured and was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma

Most photographs of the baby's burns are too graphic to show

Police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the SWAT operation

It's not clear if any drugs were found in the home during the raid

Story at link. Baby before.

article-2643344-1E52023300000578-751_306x495.jpg

Baby after. I am just disgusted and appalled over this.

article-2643344-1E52023800000578-215_306x495.jpg

SWAT team throw stun grenade into baby's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in coma | Mail Online

how terrible

Did You read?

I read it more carefully this time and you are right, the cops were certainly negligent in that case and should face discipline. Our country is becoming too much of a police state. I still try to give the cops the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder and harder.

Forum List

Back