🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Swing voters abandon Trump and the GOP

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
  1. Hardcore Conservative and Liberal voters are the base of their parties, but Independent and swing voters decide elections. What does this mean for Conservatives and Trump supporters? NOT good news. Case in point from Wisconsin, a state Trump narrowly won in 2016.

A survey of 800 registered Wisconsin voters conducted between January 16 and 20, showed that Trump’s popularity is badly waning. If 2020 elections were held today, just 27 percent of those polled said they would “definitely” vote to re-elect Trump, and just 12 percent said they would “probably” vote for him. A full 49 percent of Wisconsinites said they would “definitely” vote for someone else. His popularity is likewise diminished among his own party: 58 percent of Republicans said they would “definitely” vote for Trump, 22 percent gave a solid “probably,” and 10 percent said they would “definitely” vote for someone else.

This situation in a former Trump leaning state is now the same as many other states that took a chance on Trump and the GOP in 2016.

I know Trump supporters here will give their tired old cry of "fake news" but the election of 2018 should have been a wake up call to the GOP to change their ways, and since they have not, it's becoming clear the Democrats won't necessarily have to run their best candidate to win in 2018.

-and we've not even seen the Mueller report or those tax returns yet!

Donald Trump's "swing county" polling shows 2020 re-election is an uphill battle for president

The Trump Campaign Gets a 2020 Warning Sign in Wisconsin

Those are the facts Jack - Just the facts! :bye1:

1. Hardcore Conservative and Liberal voters are the base of their parties, but Independent and swing voters decide elections. What does this mean for Conservatives and Trump supporters? NOT good news. Case in point from Wisconsin, a state Trump narrowly won in 2016.

A survey of 800 registered Wisconsin voters conducted between January 16 and 20, showed that Trump’s popularity is badly waning. If 2020 elections were held today, just 27 percent of those polled said they would “definitely” vote to re-elect Trump, and just 12 percent said they would “probably” vote for him. A full 49 percent of Wisconsinites said they would “definitely” vote for someone else. His popularity is likewise diminished among his own party: 58 percent of Republicans said they would “definitely” vote for Trump, 22 percent gave a solid “probably,” and 10 percent said they would “definitely” vote for someone else.

This situation in a former Trump leaning state is now the same as many other states that took a chance on Trump and the GOP in 2016.

I know Trump supporters here will give their tired old cry of "fake news" but the election of 2018 should have been a wake up call to the GOP to change their ways, and since they have not, it's becoming clear the Democrats won't necessarily have to run their best candidate to win in 2018.

Donald Trump's "swing county" polling shows 2020 re-election is an uphill battle for president

Yeah, let the new wave of illegals start invading the towns and schools and that will change quickly.

Well we just elected a conservative justice. Therefore I disagree with your assessment. Things are pretty evenly divided but to say the state won't go red again isn't correct. It's generally a red state.

The Left keeps floating anti Trump polls like they did guaranteeing a Hillary win. They're always correct, right?

I'll believe it when I see it. I lost all faith in the people that live in this country when that fat, uneducated idiot was elected. It was heartening that he at least got millions of less votes, but that doesn't matter thanks to our obsolete electoral system.

Considering the Democrat field I give Trump a good sized edge.

Exactly. The democrats are shooting themselves in the foot with all their crazy and unpopular ideas. America won’t support any of them for president

Gold is hoarded, money gets spent.

Considering the Democrat field I give Trump a good sized edge.

Exactly. The democrats are shooting themselves in the foot with all their crazy and unpopular ideas. America won’t support any of them for president

No, America won't support those crazy Democrat ideas, but New York City, L.A., and Chicago will and that is why they want to abolish the Electoral College, and eventually the Constitution.

Anyone who votes for the Democrats today is literally a fascist or a communist.

Write them off and push on.

I'll believe it when I see it. I lost all faith in the people that live in this country when that fat, uneducated idiot was elected. It was heartening that he at least got millions of less votes, but that doesn't matter thanks to our obsolete electoral system.
Did you bother to notice the pile of crap that the Dems ran in 2016? Maybe THAT'S the reason for the loss?

Wow 800 registered voters out of a population of how many?
they were closely scrutinized to speak for every wisconsin independent. you should know that? like 800 spoke for Hitlery.

January? I could have sworn this is April!

Forum List

Back