Swiss to vote on income for all

Guaranteed $2800 monthly?!? How do I go about moving to Switzerland? If this does pass, I'm sure they'll get a flood of applications requesting immigration status.

The Swiss have always been very well respected and have a long Republican tradition, generally electing right wing governments. They also have a very high rate of gun ownership in Switzerland, and very low crime.

• Banned
Guaranteed $2800 monthly?!? How do I go about moving to Switzerland? If this does pass, I'm sure they'll get a flood of applications requesting immigration status.

The Swiss have always been very well respected and have a long Republican tradition, generally electing right wing governments. They also have a very high rate of gun ownership in Switzerland, and very low crime.

Doubt they would let them in. The reason Switzerland can afford this is because of their high levels of wealth and strict immigration controls. Nothing like this could work in the US. But if the Swiss want it, they can probably pull it off. If I lived in Switzerland I would support it.

There government is still right wing. The right wing nationalist Swiss People's Party has come in first in consecutive elections now since the 90s. This is a direct referendum from the people. I don't see them losing an election anytime soon.

Last edited:

FDP.The Liberals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Switzerland is Liberal. How could anyone say they're conservative when they have health care for everyone and are promoting less income disparity?

• Banned

Switzerland is Liberal. How could anyone say they're conservative when they have health care for everyone and are promoting less income disparity?

Switzerland is a model for nationalist governance. They haven't had a "liberal" government for many years. You know nothing of Swiss politics.

Last edited:

for the idiots out there - liberal does not mean leftist :rolleyes:

Switzerland is anything but leftist.

It will be their own undoing eventually.

Nope. They have absolutely different way of living. It is almost impossible to become a naturalized Swiss citizen - to start with.

How can anybody consider that "liberal" is beyond me :lol:

A guaranteed income is about as "leftist" as you can possibly get...

Not really. Social insurance existed long before the emergence of what we call left wing politics.

If you were to plot, on a line between the political "Right" and "Left", the idea of a guaranteed income, where do you believe it would land?

Last edited:
How about capping executive pay to 12 times the pay of the lowest salaried employee?

Is that "left" or "right"?

It is "stupid". I guess even the Swiss f**k up every once in a while. That isn't the government though, that is a direct referendum.

Last edited:

nope. it is not.

it is their handout.

2800$ per month in Switzerland is a very low income. A poverty level by their standards.
So it is basically a welfare check

How about capping executive pay to 12 times the pay of the lowest salaried employee?

Is that "left" or "right"?

It is "stupid". I guess even the Swiss f**k up every once in a while. That isn't the government though, that is a direct referendum.

our leftards do not understand the difference.
Neither do they know any specifics of the Swiss lifestyle, which has not changed much for centuries.
It is a very closed society and they decide a lot by referendums.

Which is ANYTHING but left :lol:

nope. it is not.

it is their handout.

2800$ per month in Switzerland is a very low income. A poverty level by their standards.
So it is basically a welfare check

Would you call "welfare" a "left-wing" program, or "rightwing"?

Forum List

Back