Syria is not worth a war with Russia

The only thing that will be accomplished is that we will create another vacuum to be filled by ISIS or other extremists. These people in certain pockets of the world are indeed savages. You can call that bigotry and deny it all day long, but the facts remain at the end of the day.

Assad is as reprehensible as a being can be. That he is willing to sacrifice his people just to remain head of state is another disgusting example of the abuse of power. Unfortunately, there have been and are many men like him. Eliminating him would not end that, and might not even end the suffering of the Syrians.
The consequences of major conflict between the U.S. and Russia are enormous. It is something to be considered only in the most dire of situations.
Syria is a horrible mess, but it does not justify what would happen in the event of wide scale conflict between two powers such as America and Russia.

I’m not sure what alt-right altfacts news sources you guys are mainlining, but there will be no war with Russia now that we have hit Syria.

When exactly did the American right decide to cower to Russia, being so scared of Putin and believing this utter horseshit that WWIII is just around the corner if we stand up to this guy?
I'm guessing you don't think the attack last night was yet another provocation and escalation of hostilities with the Russians?

Last edited:
Stand up to Putin for what? Bombing facilities that have 48 hours to evacuate? ~S~

I don’t know.

It’s the OP that is worried about war with Russia.
When he should be worried about another failed, illegal war in the ME.

Having been lied into two failed, illegal wars by the last Republican administration, we can only hope Congress stands up to the current Republican administration should it attempt to do the same.

Assad is as reprehensible as a being can be. That he is willing to sacrifice his people just to remain head of state is another disgusting example of the abuse of power. Unfortunately, there have been and are many men like him. Eliminating him would not end that, and might not even end the suffering of the Syrians.
The consequences of major conflict between the U.S. and Russia are enormous. It is something to be considered only in the most dire of situations.
Syria is a horrible mess, but it does not justify what would happen in the event of wide scale conflict between two powers such as America and Russia.

I’m not sure what alt-right altfacts news sources you guys are mainlining, but there will be no war with Russia now that we have hit Syria.

When exactly did the American right decide to cower to Russia, being so scared of Putin and believing this utter horseshit that WWIII is just around the corner if we stand up to this guy?
You are mistaken on fear...............some..........like me aren't buying into the scenario that Assad did this..........I believed it a year ago but I'm having doubts on this one...............Wanted it proven first.................and then only a proportional hit in response.................

To me............Assad is the only one that might have a chance of stability after ISIS is gone...........the rebels and FSA.....so called Free probably can't hold the place and would probably be 10 times worse than Assad.

Stability in Syria..............and end to ISIS there..........so we can get the hell out of it..........Given that we have no Strategic Objective clear in Syria other than kill ISIS............They are almost toast.........Finish them and freaking leave.

ISIS is dying in the region..........but to understand their goal you must go to their religion...........in their religion they are destined to die......but in dying they believe they are bringing the second coming and Armagedon.................They believe their own deaths are to prepare the earth for the return...........and their tactics and brutality over there are justified by the versus from the times of Mohamed...........

Their goal is to force a fight between the east and west.and not win the battle themselves.

Terror groups are a Hydra.............when ISIS dies.......a new head under a new name will form...........it's just the way it is.........Containment of this madness is the mission.

Ideologies and religions are not defeated by military means. Superior ideas and moral evolution will nullify inferior thinking. Nothing else or less will work.

Ideologies and religions are not defeated by military means. Superior ideas and moral evolution will nullify inferior thinking. Nothing else or less will work.
In the History of the Caliphate..........they have almost always been defeated by Brute Force........of course as a War.......not a police action.

It is no victory if an enemy merely rises again to cause mayhem.
When the call goes out and is not answered my young men putting themselves on the line for it, then that idea, religion or cause dies. And that is because the most important thing has happened; people have changed their minds. Force does not cause that change, a better reason can.

They are calling it a massive attack.

The attack underway, Before the OPCW could investigate the chemical attack that would have served to put a lot of people at ease

The U.S. Navy and the Air Force have been reported to be attacking numerous targets.

How the Russian missile defense system responds to this attack by the coalition of the UK,France, and the United States is still anyone’s guess.

Video: Coalition Strikes Syria — Now What?

It is so tempting and so easy to implement military force when it is at hand. It is impossible to take back the consequences. We can only hope this time the consequences will not be too grave.
It is worse than foolhardy to dabble at martial intervention. Better to engage only when victory is obtainable and reasonable sure.

Forum List

Back