🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Syrian Asylum Seeker Linked to Mass Execution Is Arrested in Sweden

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Just an innocent family man dreaming of a better li.....................................................

The Swedish authorities have filed criminal charges against a Syrian man who is suspected of having participated in the mass execution of captured Syrian soldiers in 2012. The police arrested the man, Haisam Omar Sakhanh, on Friday, in the town of Karlskoga, Sweden, and charged him with a crime against international law. In September 2012, The New York Times revealed the mass executions, publishing a video showing Syrian rebels executing seven captured soldiers, in Idlib Province in northwestern Syria. A former rebel, who was repulsed by the atrocities, provided a video of the executions to The Times. On Monday, the Swedish authorities said that Mr. Sakhanh traveled to Sweden in June 2013 and ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/w...ass-execution-is-arrested-in-sweden.html?_r=1

Nonsense. They're all just widows and orphan looking for a new life. Obama said so!

An the neocon establishment still want to do military intervention in Syria to topple the Assad government that is fighting these kind of people.... :rolleyes-41:

I'm not sure who wants to take out Assad so much as take out ISIS. It was Obama and his Arab Spring nonsense that got the ball rolling on Assad being tossed, and even when he tried to get us in a ground war in Syria a couple years back, even his own party balked at the idea.

I'm perfectly fine with having a strongman in power in Syria so long as he's our strongman and knows he reigns at our sufferance. But backing the anti-Assad groups gave the Russians a chance to get in and get favorable deals with Assad.

Syria really is Obama's to own.

An the neocon establishment still want to do military intervention in Syria to topple the Assad government that is fighting these kind of people.... :rolleyes-41:

We keep giving weapons to the FSA who keep losing al Nusra (AQ). And yet Washington is still screaming that they want to help the rebels instead of getting out of the way and let Assad take out ISIS and AQ.

It's nuts. Just look what they got this round.

BEIRUT – Al-Qaida militants swept through a rebel-held town in northern Syria in a display of dominance Sunday, arresting U.S.-backed fighters and looting weapons stores belonging to the Free Syrian Army.

The militants belonging to the al-Qaida-affiliated Nusra Front along with allied jihadists have been moving to exert their authority over rebel-held areas in Idlib province since a partial ceasefire to the country’s five-year conflict took effect two weeks ago, extinguishing patriotic demonstrations and sidelining nationalist militias.

The FSA’s 13th Division said on Twitter Sunday that Nusra fighters were going door to door in the town of Maarat Numan and arresting its cadres after Nusra, alongside fighters from the Jund al-Aqsa faction, seized Division 13 posts the night before.

Seven Division 13 fighters died in the clashes.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based monitoring group, said Nusra seized anti-tank missiles, armoured vehicles, a tank, and other arms from the division, which has received weapons, training, and money from the U.S. government. It said Nusra and Jund al-Aqsa detained 40 fighters from the division.

Al-Qaida seizes weapons, bases from US-backed Syrian rebels - 680 NEWS

I'm not sure who wants to take out Assad so much as take out ISIS. It was Obama and his Arab Spring nonsense that got the ball rolling on Assad being tossed, and even when he tried to get us in a ground war in Syria a couple years back, even his own party balked at the idea.

I'm perfectly fine with having a strongman in power in Syria so long as he's our strongman and knows he reigns at our sufferance. But backing the anti-Assad groups gave the Russians a chance to get in and get favorable deals with Assad.

Syria really is Obama's to own.

We in the west have turned what was a dogs breakfast in the ME into an on the edge FUBAR'd region that can never be put back together again. Putin had no option but to go in and start blowing the shit out of ISIS and AQ. Chechyns promised 6000 plus jihadists to ISIS. And of course ISIS numero uno military leader is Chechyn. Russia had a stake in this.

We on the other hand had no freaking business turning over Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood, Libya is a mess and ISIS has moved in as well. Yemen is nightmare. Iraq and Syria are barely holding on. But are making a comeback because of Russia jumping in to the frey.

One has to understand the timing of Putin's interference. The United Nations warned all parties in March 2015 AND again in September that ISIS was taking over huge portions of Afghanistan.

Right on Putin's doorstep. You bet he jumped in. Better to fight them in Syria than in his back yard.

Last edited:
I don't fault Putin or Assad. But I do fault Obama's Arab Spring nonsense and looking the other way when Malaki started oppressing the Iraqi Sunnis. It drove them right into al-Baghdadi's arms because he was the only one willing to give them any aid.

Forum List

Back