🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Syrian refugees to be pass surgery in North hospital

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
After they have been taken by IDF soldiers to Ziv Hospitals, Israeli doctors are to treat Syrian injured civilians-

Syrians undergo surgery at Safed hospital

Ziv Medical Center director says Syrian civilians, enemy combatants, terror operatives have been treated at hospital before; adds, 'identity of wounded, irrelevant to treatment'

Syrians undergo surgery at Safed hospital - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------------

While this step is more than blessed and showing the truely merficul Israeli thinking, this is also fuming. Who's paying for their treatment, and how come Syrians are treated faster than Israeli elders, that the doctors' strike caused them to many time wait for treatment and die in hospital hallways due to overcrowded conditions?

Good for them. I hope they would receive the same treatment from the Syrians under reversed circumstances.

That'll be the day! But bless Israel for their acts of mercy to innocent Arab civilians killed by their own people in their own countries.

Good for them. I hope they would receive the same treatment from the Syrians under reversed circumstances.

That'll be the day! But bless Israel for their acts of mercy to innocent Arab civilians killed by their own people in their own countries.

t2030.gif

It's a nice gesture, and I applaud Israel for doing this.

Nomally, the situation needs to be where a doctor treats an injured or ill, no matter from which place or race or nationality he comes from because it's within the doctor's ethics.

Its the rest who's such a step is not obvious to.

I never could understand why so many wounded Palestinian terrorists against Israel are saved by Israeli doctors in Israeli hospitals so they can get well & kill more Israelis.

I never could understand why so many wounded Palestinian terrorists against Israel are saved by Israeli doctors in Israeli hospitals so they can get well & kill more Israelis.

The answer to that question can be found in book of Isaiah - "I (HaShem Almighty) have called thee in righteousness, and have taken hold of thy hand, and kept thee, and set thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the nations..."

Well I dunno that this light of all nations thinking should apply to saving the lives of those who will just try to kill you for it.

The answer to that question can be found in book of Isaiah - "I (HaShem Almighty) have called thee in righteousness, and have taken hold of thy hand, and kept thee, and set thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the nations..."

Well I dunno that this light of all nations thinking should apply to saving the lives of those who will just try to kill you for it.

The Idea is that we're supposed to be merciful. Taking to mind those were not armed fighteres, but civilians, it was not our duty, but our own thinking and kindness that lead to this.

Most of us Jews believe God exist and blesses those who help the needed and helpless, and and act like this can absolutely "reward" the docrots in the future. You never know if at one point you'll be the one in need for help. God works in mistereous ways, and when you help....

It's all about the lion and the mouse tale.

Somehow I can't imagine a Palestinian doctor going out of his way to save an injured or dying Israeli.

The Idea is that we're supposed to be merciful. Taking to mind those were not armed fighteres, but civilians, it was not our duty, but our own thinking and kindness that lead to this.

Most of us Jews believe God exist and blesses those who help the needed and helpless, and and act like this can absolutely "reward" the docrots in the future. You never know if at one point you'll be the one in need for help. God works in mistereous ways, and when you help....

Somehow I can't imagine a Palestinian doctor going out of his way to save an injured or dying Israeli.

Well, yeah, but we should not design our morales based on what they would have done instead. The differences speaks volumes, but sometimes its best to overlook them:eusa_angel:

Wrong comparison, actually. The kind doctor worked in Israel. he was thankful for simply be having a Job here with normal salary. it was basically his own interest to continue working in Israel in the years he did.

Granny says take it outta Assad's hide...
:eusa_eh:
UN agency 'broke' as Syria refugee funds run out
5 April 2013 - A UN agency has said it will soon be unable to provide "life-saving" aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan and other countries due to funds running out.
"The needs are rising exponentially and we are broke," said Marixie Mercado, a spokeswoman for children's charity Unicef. Some 1.2 million Syrians have fled since the uprising began in March 2011. Around 385,500 have escaped to Jordan, with figures set to triple by the end of the year, Ms Mercado said.

_66771340_syriagetty.jpg

The number of Syrian refugees in Zaatari camp is expected to rise to 1.2 million by the end of 2013

This would bring the number of Syrian refugees there close to 1.2 million - the equivalent of one-fifth of Jordan's total population. "Since the beginning of year, more than 2000 refugees have streamed across the border [into Jordan] every day," Ms Mercado told reporters at a UN news conference in the Swiss city of Geneva on Friday. "We expect these numbers to more than double by July and triple by December." Many of the refugees are children, the spokeswoman added.

'Unmanageable'

Unicef is currently providing water, sanitation, vaccines, education and other essential services in Jordan's Zaatari camp, which houses nearly 150,000 refugees. So far the agency has only received $12m (£7.8m), or 19%, of the $57m it appealed for to fund its Jordan operations this year. As a result, it will soon need to "scale back life-saving support", Ms Mercado said. "In concrete terms, this means that by June, we will stop delivering 3.5m litres of water every day to Zaatari camp." She added that the money shortage also meant Unicef would be unable to provide supplies to two new camps slated to open in the coming weeks.

UN officials said the lack of funding did not only apply to Jordan, but also to other countries hosting large numbers of Syrian refugees, including Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq. The head of the UN's refugee agency, UNHRC, echoed Ms Mercado's warning, saying Syria's conflict was on the verge of overwhelming the UN. "This is the type of crisis that humanitarian agencies at some point cannot handle," Filippo Grandi told the New York Times on Thursday. "It is unmanageable and dangerous." The UN estimates that at least 70,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad began, just over two years ago.

BBC News - UN agency 'broke' as Syria refugee funds run out

Forum List

Back