T D Jakes Net Worth $140 Million

Philosophy is / has been / always will be debating what constitutes "the mind" which seems to be independent of the body in some way.

"Spiritual" to me refers to the spirits of God who were sent to the Earth with Lucifer.

Jesus talks a lot about evil spirits in the Greek New Testament and also about The Holy Spirit whom he will send as a paraclete or comforter after he leaves the Earth to go ... well ... he did not say where he was going ... to a place where his Father God resides ... I myself presume this place is at the center of The Milky Way Galaxy.
In that mind there of yours I am sure there is a Milky Way in there somewhere.

The answer to the 'snake' question is answered in the question I posed to you.
Well my whole approach to the Bible is one of literary critique.

Clearly Moses by his own admission dreamed up Genesis/Bereshet on his own. It is not historical. Modern geeks and dweebs think it is historical but it is not.

Then Moses' own story begins in Exodus.

From Moses' memory he can remember being raised by Pharaoh's daughter and he must have asked her why?

She probably told him the story of Sargon The Great and being drawn out of the river. As a royal child she would have been schooled in that story.

We lie to kids about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

She lied to Moses about Sargon The Great too.
Then how do you explain the account of Genesis being recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 4,500 years ago?

care-o-meter.gif
But if someone takes hundreds of million of dollars from people for claiming that a talking snake is real, that does concern you, no?
A talking snake ...

Does Jakes have his own talking snake ?!

Or is this with reference to Eve's hallucinations in the Bible ??
Reference to the talking snake in the Bible that Jesus approved of (so we can't bring forward the divine Jesus, but we can bring forward the good philosophical stuff from the Bible, Quran, Buddhist texts, etc.) Your children deserve the best of the best - not talking snakes. etc., even though that might be well-intended.

Everyone has a 'Lucifer' host in them. Its part of the spiritual DNA.
I prefer to think of this rather as the "monster-id" and the "super-ego" in terms of mild schizophrenia in everybody from a psychological perspective.

Psychology is the application of philosophical principles to mental analysis.

Just as science is the application of philosophical principles to the physical world.

For me my monster-id is silent and sleeping until/unless my own life or someone else's is in danger then He takes over.

The rest of the time my super-ego tries to be nice to everybody and emulate Jesus.
The one's that theirs get dangerous are those ones who attempt to rule over others hearts and minds, trying to overtop what the Lord instilled in them.
Like the moosleems and the Mormons then ?!
The Islamist are definitely at the top of that list but any thugs who try to rule by force or compulsive acts of violence that are a danger to liberty and freedom of choice can be in that category.
I know Mormon families who have quit the Mormon church because they don't want their kids to become brainwashed.

These couples included returned missionaries -- the elite of the Mormon faith.

They told me all about it.

The church uses extreme social pressure to do their thugging.

Perhaps we should ask JakeStarkey from Salt Lake and Avatar4321 the Bk Of Morm evangelist to opine on this matter, huh ?!

But if someone takes hundreds of million of dollars from people for claiming that a talking snake is real, that does concern you, no?
A talking snake ...

Does Jakes have his own talking snake ?!

Or is this with reference to Eve's hallucinations in the Bible ??
Reference to the talking snake in the Bible that Jesus approved of (so we can't bring forward the divine Jesus, but we can bring forward the good philosophical stuff from the Bible, Quran, Buddhist texts, etc.) Your children deserve the best of the best - not talking snakes. etc., even though that might be well-intended.
Please cite where you think Jesus referred to a talking snake ???

You owe your readers links when you make outlandish statements like that.

And if you cannot cite/link it then remind me in what biblical context you think you read it at so I can look for it for you.

My familiarity with the Old and New Testament is pretty good in several languages.

I prefer to think of this rather as the "monster-id" and the "super-ego" in terms of mild schizophrenia in everybody from a psychological perspective.

Just as science is the application of philosophical principles to the physical world.

For me my monster-id is silent and sleeping until/unless my own life or someone else's is in danger then He takes over.

The rest of the time my super-ego tries to be nice to everybody and emulate Jesus.
The one's that theirs get dangerous are those ones who attempt to rule over others hearts and minds, trying to overtop what the Lord instilled in them.
The Islamist are definitely at the top of that list but any thugs who try to rule by force or compulsive acts of violence that are a danger to liberty and freedom of choice can be in that category.
I know Mormon families who have quit the Mormon church because they don't want their kids to become brainwashed.

Perhaps we should ask JakeStarkey from Salt Lake and Avatar4321 the Bk Of Morm evangelist to opine on this matter, huh ?!
I read that the Mormons spend over $1 million dollars on average, as it turns out, per convert, trying to convert people in Japan. Scientific Humanists would spend that money not on just trying to get people to switch from one religion to another religion, but getting those people to believe in science - or go to a charity that helps poor people.

Well my whole approach to the Bible is one of literary critique.
I suppose that is a personal choice and also a personal problem.
Philosophy requires of all philosophers to think rationally and logically at all times about everything including Religion and Science.

While this rule of Philosophy severely limits the application of "faith" it does not completely rule faith out. It just does not allow for "blind faith" nor for fanaticism of any kind.

A lot of people will stick up for their religion and many seem to try to use it as a battering hammer, which of course is wrong to do. Personally I have known a lot of Mormons along the way. Some were decent humans, some were not. Don't ever get stuck between a two hypocrites from two major religious factions as it is a bitch.

I read that the Mormons spend over $1 million dollars on average, as it turns out, per convert, trying to convert people in Japan. Scientific Humanists would spend that money not on just trying to get people to switch from one religion to another religion, but getting those people to believe in science - or go to a charity that helps poor people.
You'll need to ask JakeStarkey or Avatar4321 what do Mormon's do?

I am no expert.

Islamist used charity to collect money for their jihad too. Charity begins at home helping people around you first. There isn't a neighborhood or community anywhere that couldn't apply that and help the less fortunate near them first.

A lot of people will stick up for their religion and many seem to try to use it as a battering hammer, which of course is wrong to do. Personally I have known a lot of Mormons along the way. Some were decent humans, some were not. Don't ever get stuck between a two hypocrites from two major religious factions as it is a bitch.
The craziest Mormons that I have known personally are crazier than the craziest Catholics that I have known.

But brainwashing is pretty strong in both camps.

My grandmother was the craziest Catholic.

She dis-owned my mother for marrying a Protestant. Cold and cruel.

But Mormons (and some Jews) will often do that as well if you violate the religion's rules about marriage. And moosleems or Hindus will murder their children if they marry outside of their religion, at times.

Jesus approved of Adam/Eve in the NT and never condemned that story, and being "all-knowing" over the last 2000 years he obviously approves of the Bible or else he'd have told humanity that it (and the talking snake, etc.) are false (he's the main hero in that book, so he has a moral obligation to tell us if it were false), or he simply doesn't care about us, or he's not actually real....one of those 3 choices.

We do like the Golden Rule, however, just not Jesus' magic stuff, since it's obviously unscientific. Also, "Original sin" is not something that we can bring forward, because it's not what's best for the world because of course it effectively serves to reduce people's self-image. Also the verse right before the golden rule says that we are all "evil" or "wicked", depending upon the translation (from bible.cc wed site parallel bible translations.)

Islamist used charity to collect money for their jihad too. Charity begins at home helping people around you first. There isn't a neighborhood or community anywhere that couldn't apply that and help the less fortunate near them first.
Well the biggest jihad in history was the 1st Crusade called by Pope Urban 2nd who of course was Catholic.

The craziest Mormons that I have known personally are crazier than the craziest Catholics that I have known.

But Mormons (and some Jews) will often do that as well if you violate the religion's rules about marriage. And moosleems or Hindus will murder their children if they marry outside of their religion, at times.
I'm glad I'm a Scientific Humanist - more accepting and loving. If we were in god/Jesus' shoes we'd of course have come down in the last 2000 years to educate people, educate them ENOUGH that they wouldn't, say, approve of "murdering their children if they marry outside of their religion,"

Jesus approved of Adam/Eve in the NT and never condemned that story, and being "all-knowing" over the last 2000 years he obviously approves of the Bible or else he'd have told humanity that it (and the talking snake, etc.) are false (he's the main hero in that book, so he has a moral obligation to tell us if it were false), or he simply doesn't care about us, or he's not actually real....one of those 3 choices.

We do like the Golden Rule, however, just not Jesus' magic stuff, since it's obviously unscientific. Also, "Original sin" is not something that we can bring forward, because it's not what's best for the world because of course it effectively serves to reduce people's self-image. Also the verse right before the golden rule says that we are all "evil" or "wicked", depending upon the translation (from bible.cc wed site parallel bible translations.)
So you don't have a cite.

I thought not.

Jesus does not refer to any talking snakes.

Talking pigs, yes.

Talking snakes, no.

I'm glad I'm a Scientific Humanist - more accepting and loving. If we were in god/Jesus' shoes we'd of course have come down in the last 2000 years to educate people, educate them ENOUGH that they wouldn't, say, approve of "murdering their children if they marry outside of their religion,"
Trust me, you Joy4Uall will never be in Jesus' or God's shoes.

I'll tell you that much guaranteed.

If only Jesus were actually real (and all-powerful, and all-loving as advertised), then of course he'd be caring and powerful enough to have told us in the last 2000 years, with a court-room level of evidence of course, which religion (Catholicism, Protestantism, etc.) is the one true religion - since obviously one or both of them are wrong since they often say contradictory things.

We'd do that because we believe "love people, equally".

Then how do you explain the account of Genesis being recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 4,500 years ago?
I know you ding tried to post about that once but your thread was so long and a rant that it was impossible for me to follow.

Give me some internet links so I can look at it myself.

Thanks.

So you don't have a cite.

I thought not.

Jesus does not refer to any talking snakes.

Talking pigs, yes.

Talking snakes, no.
I've seen some of those talking 'pigs'. They are easy to spot most of the time.

Trust me, you Joy4Uall will never be in Jesus' or God's shoes.

I'll tell you that much guaranteed.
Never claimed to be god/Jesus, but I do that to show many examples of how people can rise to an ethical level that is above god/Jesus....people need to not think of themselves as lowly sinners....they are far far better than that!

Forum List

Back