🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

t-party winning over youth--Good or Bad?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I happen to overhear some anti-trumpers (is that actually a word) talk about Trump and they basically said their typical boorish garbage but one of them said that he liked what Trump says but doesn't like his 'form'. I didn't understand that but I took it as a sign that the conservative/t-party/libertarians are slowly winning over the youth in this country. I also hear a lot of young people say things like " I like what the t-party says but I don't like them" and they go one to say they are a bunch of racist which is kind of typical at this point. The point is is that they like the message that that 'conservatives' put out but they don't like the messengers and while this might be bad news for the republican party but it also a good sign that they are slowly winning over the youth in this country which has been something that conservatives havn't been done in quite a while.

Here is another thing that I found that supports my claim
Millennials more conservative than you may think - CNN.com

There have always been many young conservatives. The GOP's problem for a long time has been messaging. Millennials and minorities have been told for years now that they are just lazy and want free stuff, and it's not exactly winning people over. The Democrat's idea of pandering to these groups is nothing more than that. Pandering. The GOP for the past couple decades or more seem to have dismissed the youth and minority vote entirely, and it has come back to bite them in the ass.

One definite problem the GOP has when it comes to young voters is the religious right's power within the party. Older Americans may try to fight it, but American youths are becoming more and more socially liberal, and it doesn't look like it's changing any time soon.

There have always been many young conservatives. The GOP's problem for a long time has been messaging. Millennials and minorities have been told for years now that they are just lazy and want free stuff, and it's not exactly winning people over. The Democrat's idea of pandering to these groups is nothing more than that. Pandering. The GOP for the past couple decades or more seem to have dismissed the youth and minority vote entirely, and it has come back to bite them in the ass.

One definite problem the GOP has when it comes to young voters is the religious right's power within the party. Older Americans may try to fight it, but American youths are becoming more and more socially liberal, and it doesn't look like it's changing any time soon.

Where the GOP screws up is that young people are conservative on the subjects of defense and economics, social issues are what drive them to the democrats.

• Banned

Actually a lot of statistics do show that millenials do want free stuff from the government so it really isn't a lie to say otherwise.

• Banned

Where the GOP screws up is that young people are conservative on the subjects of defense and economics, social issues are what drive them to the democrats.

Eventually the unproductive economic policies of the left will drive people away from them. I really think this economy will continue for the next ten years and by then we will have at least one generation of Americans who have spent their entire lives in poverty. They may make a dramatic shift to the right when they realize they can't live under democrat rule which is why I kind of hope Hillary wins.

That's exactly what I meant with my last paragraph. And it's certainly not too late for them to win over youths regarding those social issues. The religious right's grip on the Republicans is still fairly new in the party's history, and you can already see that grip slowly waning.

As far as young people's conservative defense views go I'd say we lean more towards a philosophy like Ron or Rand Paul's. Strengthen our defense at home, and avoid intervention in foreign wars. We'd save a lot of money as well as a lot of lives.

Eventually the unproductive economic policies of the left will drive people away from them. I really think this economy will continue for the next ten years and by then we will have at least one generation of Americans who have spent their entire lives in poverty. They may make a dramatic shift to the right when they realize they can't live under democrat rule which is why I kind of hope Hillary wins.

If the Republicans would drop the social issues, they would dominate the government.

Actually a lot of statistics do show that millenials do want free stuff from the government so it really isn't a lie to say otherwise.

Where are these statistics?

I happen to overhear some anti-trumpers (is that actually a word) talk about Trump and they basically said their typical boorish garbage but one of them said that he liked what Trump says but doesn't like his 'form'. I didn't understand that but I took it as a sign that the conservative/t-party/libertarians are slowly winning over the youth in this country. I also hear a lot of young people say things like " I like what the t-party says but I don't like them" and they go one to say they are a bunch of racist which is kind of typical at this point. The point is is that they like the message that that 'conservatives' put out but they don't like the messengers and while this might be bad news for the republican party but it also a good sign that they are slowly winning over the youth in this country which has been something that conservatives havn't been done in quite a while.

Here is another thing that I found that supports my claim
Millennials more conservative than you may think - CNN.com
The Tea Party is not winning over youth.

They're just recruiting young Conservatives, who's numbers are actually dwindling.

If the Republicans would drop the social issues, they would dominate the government.

They should also dump the neo-con war hawks in the party as well.It's not just young Americans, but Americans in general are becoming weary of the perpetual state of war that we've been in for decades now. We've wasted many lives and countless trillions over dollars over the decades, and where has it gotten us?

Forum List

Back