Take the Civics Test and Don't Cheat

Take this civics test and don't cheat. Answer the questions quickly, no Googling. I scored 68.7% and finished the test in 4 minutes.

Intercollegiate Studies Institute - Educating for Liberty

Full Civic Literacy Exam (from our 2008 survey)
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

If you honestly expect USMB conservatives to tell the truth about their scores, then YOU flunked the test. lolol

:lol: I didn't. I knew that as soon as I posted that link the thread would suddenly be filled with Einsteins. OR...like Einstein said, "“I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it” ...

And the USMB Echo Chamber wingnuts obliged.

Take this civics test and don't cheat. Answer the questions quickly, no Googling. I scored 68.7% and finished the test in 4 minutes.

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

If you honestly expect USMB conservatives to tell the truth about their scores, then YOU flunked the test. lolol

Let me guess: you sucked ass on the test.

He got 7 correct....

Oh, my.

Like this? (see attachment)

Hey; great idea..

Capture_zps2b103346.jpg

So how did you go back into your browser history and find your score page? The site just happened to save it for you? Uh-huh. Sure. Sorry, going back to retake the quiz doesn't count.

Of course that's very possible.
If someone is determined to be dishonest, I don't think you can get unassailable documentation to prove it one way or another.

For me, I can read a few posts from someone and get enough of a feel for their "broad base of knowledge" to make up my own mind.

31 of 33 correct = 93.94%

I was wrong on the Lincoln Douglas debates and Socrates.

Did not cheat, I've always scored near perfect on Civics, so you Liberals shut up and listen!!

Of course I can do better, anyone who graduated from my high school civics course had to do better to get a diploma.

For the record, I got one wrong.

31 out of 33, for 93.9%. Missed the ones on the Lincoln-Douglas debate, and the Puritans.

As for free markets securing more prosperity, the first answer is clearly correct.

I guessed the Lincoln Douglass debates, the Puritans was a gimme for me.

I can only guess that a lot of the folks who didn't do well either didn't take too much time to logically evaluate the choices or misread some questions and/or answers.

Even if you don't know the right answer, you can usually eliminate at least two of the four answers and then make a logical guess about the better of the remaining two and do pretty well.

The FDR "court packing" plan is high school American history! The tough ones were about the Fed.

Common knowledge.

I took AP American History in High School. Never heard about the court packing plan. The Fed was easy to me.

I guess to each their own.

Depends on the time & area where one went to high schoool I guess. One of the Fed/tax questions wasn't easy, not all. Overall, a decent test of the basics. Weighted towards economic history more than social history though.

Last edited:

:lol: I didn't. I knew that as soon as I posted that link the thread would suddenly be filled with Einsteins. OR...like Einstein said, "“I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it” ...

Years ago on a different political forum, one hosted by a conservative, someone posted that short IQ test that's online - that actually is quite accurate. Everyone was encouraged to take it and post their scores.
Based on the scores the rightwingers claimed, it was determined that the conservative population on that forum were on average in the top 3% of all IQ's.

Say no more....

Years ago on a different political forum, one hosted by a conservative, someone posted that short IQ test that's online - that actually is quite accurate. Everyone was encouraged to take it and post their scores.
Based on the scores the rightwingers claimed, it was determined that the conservative population on that forum were on average in the top 3% of all IQ's.

Say no more....

Seriously? The guy scored a D, which would mean he couldn't graduate from the high school I went to. I don't have to be a genius to do better than failing.

Doesn't seem like any of your homies are smart enough to figure this out.

I don't think you scored as high as you claim.

If I had Googled some of the questions while taking the test I'm sure like the rest of you I would have scored much higher. And then of course, I could have just lied, too.

So it looks like the people on this thread defy the results of the site's claims and you all are super-geniuses who make college professors look like 5th graders. Right.

Why on earth would anyone need to google the answers? What will it take for you to just admit you're wrong? Why does everyone who did well, whether left or right, are lying or cheating?

It's just a stupid quiz. Why do you have a problem admitting you are wrong. Relax and stop taking yourself so seriously. You might learn something

You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

Say no more....

IF you are talking about Coultervakia, then your tale is false - as the great IQ test involved unique URL verification.

There was nothing faked, leftists are just stupid.

For those who were there, KarlVasa was sure pissed that all the righties had a higher IQ than he did...

Last edited:

If I had Googled some of the questions while taking the test I'm sure like the rest of you I would have scored much higher. And then of course, I could have just lied, too.

So it looks like the people on this thread defy the results of the site's claims and you all are super-geniuses who make college professors look like 5th graders. Right.

Why on earth would anyone need to google the answers? What will it take for you to just admit you're wrong? Why does everyone who did well, whether left or right, are lying or cheating?

It's just a stupid quiz. Why do you have a problem admitting you are wrong. Relax and stop taking yourself so seriously. You might learn something

For someone who uses a Tibetan monk for an avatar, you preach like a Baptist minister, and are about as bright as one, too.

If the authors of the site are correct, then the participants on this thread beat the average college professor by almost 100%. I'm not wrong, I'm just not naive, either.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like any of your homies are smart enough to figure this out.

No need to Google on multiple choice. Basic civics plus a few questions that were obviously begging for certain answers. I think I messed up the Lincoln debates and one other. It was pretty elementary.

Oh, and I forget to mention that the source was biased and I don't believe the stats that college professors do as badly as alleged.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back