Take the Civics Test and Don't Cheat

If you were to give up dope for a few years and finish high school, then move out of moms basement and enroll in community college, you would be in for a great shock at what real college instructors are like.

It's posts like this that reinforce my belief that "some people" cheated on that quiz.

This site is just too easy sometimes. It's like a bunch of trained seals waiting for the guy with that big bucket of chum.

I didn't realize one COULD cheat; still, most of the questions were US history, not really what I think of as "civics". Nothing much about the duties of citizens, more "which President did _, __,__."

Citizens don't have any duties except in a people's republic.

Well, this was fun. Throw them some chum and they not only gobble it down, they obsess.

trained-seal.jpg

So profits aren't revenues minus expenses? Who knew?

Profits are defined differently depending on how a business files its tax returns, pays its employees and files for incorporation, i.e. New York vs. Delaware or Nevada. So yes, the questions were wobbly at best in this area.

You're an uneducated moron.

Profit Definition | Investopedia

Agreed. He thinks the IRS defines the meaning of "profit."

So profits aren't revenues minus expenses? Who knew?

Profits are defined differently depending on how a business files its tax returns, pays its employees and files for incorporation, i.e. New York vs. Delaware or Nevada. So yes, the questions were wobbly at best in this area.

And obviously you don't pay taxes or own a business.

And know how to look up answers to questions.

Agreed. He thinks the IRS defines the meaning of "profit."

I see you must use the 1040-EZ form, too. Or maybe Quicken.

It's posts like this that reinforce my belief that "some people" cheated on that quiz.

This site is just too easy sometimes. It's like a bunch of trained seals waiting for the guy with that big bucket of chum.

I didn't realize one COULD cheat; still, most of the questions were US history, not really what I think of as "civics". Nothing much about the duties of citizens, more "which President did _, __,__."

Citizens don't have any duties except in a people's republic.

WHAT? Are you UNWELL? :doubt:

And obviously you don't pay taxes or own a business.

And know how to look up answers to questions.

Explain EBIT to the class, sploogy.

Why is this relevant to your inability to grasp the basic accounting equation?

Oooh....now I'm intimidated. Maybe I'll just Google that.

You are obviously agitated. It's because you cheated on the quiz and for some reason, I don't know why, you think that you've been exposed. Nobody knows who you are here, so relax.

Did you notice how all the libturds didn't do very well on the test?

Don't they always claim to be the smart ones?

Most of them did okay, Peach had a perfect score.

Jillian and NTPP just aren't very bright.. :dunno:

I remain a moderate that concentrated in US history, was planning on getting my PHD in US history, but my father tricked me into a different outcome.:D

If you were to give up dope for a few years and finish high school, then move out of moms basement and enroll in community college, you would be in for a great shock at what real college instructors are like.

That and Thomas Freaking Aquinas. Yeah that ain't civics.

I can't even remember the questions, I took it too fast. But I believe Aquinas had Socrates also mentioned. Studying US history leads to study of other attempts at representative societies.

I'm not taking no stinking test submitted by a radical leftie. Along the same lines of civics tests it seems that O'Reilly's guy went to spring break Fla and interviewed college students about American history. I'm not making any judgments based on anatomy but it seemed that the biggest boobs and the most obvious dyed hair on boys translated to the dumbest answers. Most of the college kids couldn't identify which sides were fighting in the American Revolution or the Civil War.

But, then, when I was in school American History was taught starting in Fourth grade and was taught every year up through High School where (in a sequence I do not recall), the related subjects were World History, Civics, Physical and Economic Geography and, in the final year a dose of American History with emphasis on The U.S. Constitution and workings of government.

Of the few I missed, one was because I didn't sufficiently ponder a lengthy proposed answer and went for one that said essentially the same thing but with less nuance.

I can't even remember the questions, I took it too fast. But I believe Aquinas had Socrates also mentioned. Studying US history leads to study of other attempts at representative societies.

Aquinas stood out because it was a case of "which of these is not like the others". It was a question about moral philosophy, nothing to do with government, history or civics.

Near as I can remember the question was something like, "If Socrates, Aristotle, Mephisopheles and Thomas Aquinas walked into a bar, who gets the tab?". I went with "Pineapple".

I'm not taking no stinking test submitted by a radical leftie. Along the same lines of civics tests it seems that O'Reilly's guy went to spring break Fla and interviewed college students about American history. I'm not making any judgments based on anatomy but it seemed that the biggest boobs and the most obvious dyed hair on boys translated to the dumbest answers. Most of the college kids couldn't identify which sides were fighting in the American Revolution or the Civil War.

I don't have much of a clue what this post is trying to say but pretext enough for this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5I4oY7zj-w]stupid americans Asked simple questions but you will be surprised by some of the answers - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back