Take the Civics Test and Don't Cheat

I didn't realize one COULD cheat; still, most of the questions were US history, not really what I think of as "civics". Nothing much about the duties of citizens, more "which President did _, __,__."

Citizens don't have any duties except in a people's republic.

I disagree. Rights are inseparably connected to responsibilities of self government.

What responsibilities? If rights are unalienable, then they are not dependent on anything.

Last edited:
I disagree. Rights are inseparably connected to responsibilities of self government.

What responsibilities? If rights are unalienable, then they are not dependent on anything.

Well, for one the responsibility to respect the rights of others.

Well, I don't call not robbing banks a "responsibility." I just call it civilized behavior. Paying taxes is what I would call a responsibility - the kind that are imposed on you by government.

Well, for one the responsibility to respect the rights of others.

Well, I don't call not robbing banks a "responsibility." I just call it civilized behavior. Paying taxes is what I would call a responsibility - the kind that are imposed on you by government.

I dont think the government should be enforcing our responsibilities. It's up to us to choose to do so.

Being virtuous is a responsibility of those who govern themselves.

I really didn't expect anyone to post their true scores. I scored 100% on that assumption.

I missed the last one on the debt, I misread debt as deficit and picked the first answer instead of the right one.

What did you score? honestly?

Figures you would be a hack on this, like you are on any post.

Same here... easy test Aced it. Missing just the debt question as I did not even read the rest of the answers, was getting bored.

You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

I really didn't expect anyone to post their true scores. I scored 100% on that assumption.

I missed the last one on the debt, I misread debt as deficit and picked the first answer instead of the right one.

You must not read my posts.

I posted my real score. And I knew that this thread would suddenly be flooded with geniuses after I linked to that test.

it doesn't test civics.... well, it does... until it tests randian wing nut economic theory... which has nothing whatsoever to do with civics.

I posted my real score. And I knew that this thread would suddenly be flooded with geniuses after I linked to that test.

Well, you did post it in the first post; you can't expect him to read everything (like the same post where the link to the test was posted) :lol:

it doesn't test civics.... well, it does... until it tests randian wing nut economic theory... which has nothing whatsoever to do with civics.

Exactly. We've all taken Civics tests here over the years and they are always standard, very straight forward and just the kind of thing we know from school and playing around here.

This one takes an odd turn somewhere. Wingnutty turn and it devolves into propaganda.

In other words, it asks questions about actual economics that common sense could answer. Like what profit is, what the Fed does, what capitalism is and why it's successful.

Which of those questions, exactly, is propaganda or randian wing nut economic theory?

Exactly. We've all taken Civics tests here over the years and they are always standard, very straight forward and just the kind of thing we know from school and playing around here.

This one takes an odd turn somewhere. Wingnutty turn and it devolves into propaganda.

Don't look at us. the OP isn't one of us. She is one of you.

As for what civics is:

the study of the rights and duties of citizens and of how government works

I think an argument could be made that understanding economics and how government acts in regards to the market would be included in that.

I think it's funny that both you and Jillian aren't sharing how you scores and won't share which of the questions you find so offensive. You just complain.

Don't look at us. the OP isn't one of us. She is one of you.

As for what civics is:

the study of the rights and duties of citizens and of how government works

I think an argument could be made that understanding economics and how government acts in regards to the market would be included in that.

I think it's funny that both you and Jillian aren't sharing how you scores and won't share which of the questions you find so offensive. You just complain.

One of us and one of you? Lame. I'm not a Libertarian.

I don't know about Jill but I just stopped the "test" when I saw that it was not what we were led to believe. Others continued on and pretended they got a high score. :cuckoo:

I missed 3 because I was getting bored. Didn't read the 1st amendment question properly as I usually do when it seems easy.

What is scary is if the percentages given were correct, as witnessed on this board no one had much trouble with getting over 90 percent.

It asks about the concepts of theories, you don't have to agree with them to answer. Which questions are wrong with that respect?

Forum List

Back