🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Take Your Pick About the Hur Report on Joe

Many elderly people can't remember dates.

I remember one former president forgot when he was president.

It is not a disqualification for the presidency.
Reagan wasn't running for another term. Biden is. You don't seem to get it. This is not about an elderly person being forgetful. The job is the President of the United States. He's in decline. Why would you vote for an elderly person for President for four more years who is in cognitive decline? That's crazy.

Reagan wasn't running for another term. Biden is. You don't seem to get it. This is not about an elderly person being forgetful. The job is the President of the United States. He's in decline. Why would you vote for an elderly person for President for four more years who is in cognitive decline? That's crazy.
I was talking about Trump, not Reagan.

Prosecutor: Did you get copies of the statements in 2021?
Defendant: I was so busy in the White House with China, Russia, and keeping the country...
Prosecutor: You were not the president in 2021.

I was talking about Trump, not Reagan.

Prosecutor: Did you get copies of the statements in 2021?
Defendant: I was so busy in the White House with China, Russia, and keeping the country...
Prosecutor: You were not the president in 2021.
Wrong. Trump was President in 2021.

Wrong. Trump was President in 2021.
Trump said he wasn't president in 2021.

Which is it?

“I was so busy in the White House, focusing on Russia and China and keeping our country safe,” Trump said of his duties that year. The discrepancy was immediately pointed out by state lawyer Kevin Wallace. “And just to refresh your recollection, you were not president in 2021?” he asked. “No I wasn’t,” Trump replied.

Trump said he wasn't president in 2021.

Which is it?

“I was so busy in the White House, focusing on Russia and China and keeping our country safe,” Trump said of his duties that year. The discrepancy was immediately pointed out by state lawyer Kevin Wallace. “And just to refresh your recollection, you were not president in 2021?” he asked. “No I wasn’t,” Trump replied.
He was President up until inauguration day on Jan 20th. What's the problem?

Trump agreed he wasn't president in 2021.

He was, as you have pointed out.
For almost three weeks. I guess he didn't figure that was enough to count. Maybe you should try and get him indicted again for lying about that, huh.

Excellent article on the Hur report here:

What the Press Got Wrong on the Hur Report

It notes the huge discrepancy between the transcript and the report (very glad they released it publicly, probably pissed of tbe Repubs though)). It also lambasted the media for hyper focusing on age and ignoring the larger issue (applicable to all three-Trump, Biden and Pence):

In addition to the matter of the president’s personal probity, Hur’s investigation makes clear that the existing system for handling classified material after presidents and vice presidents leave office is not working. Part of the problem has to do with how to make sure that sensitive documents aren’t inadvertently packed away as these officials empty out their desks—a problem that plagued Vice President Mike Pence, too, albeit on a much smaller scale. There is also genuine uncertainty as to the legal status of personal notebooks like Biden’s that contain classified information. Are these “personal records,” which former presidents and vice presidents may keep? (Bauer sets out this view in his response to Gluck and Wittes.) Or must they be kept in government custody? Whatever the answer is, it seems obvious that there should be clear guidance here so that the country doesn’t keep running into this problem.

Why would you vote for Trump then?

There are opinion piece articles on his report and then there are the direct and damning replies from Hur
Would a reasonable juror be able to be able to find guilt?
Yes was the reply

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1692756709978.jpg

So you think it’s a good idea that the President can’t remember simple things? Like his kid not dying in Iraq?
No, not really but this is what the DNC and TNC (formerly the RNC) has given us for candidates.

A couple of old men.

Agreed.

There is if you can't prove intent.

I'm sure he probably does yet no charges were recommended.

It seems a lot of Trump supporters won't accept Hur's decision to not file charges and just assume Biden is giulty.

Presumption of innocence?

That isn't how the legal system works.

There is if you can't prove inten

Intent was proven by the ghost writer recording that showed Biden knew, in 2017, that he possessed classified documents.

I'm sure he probably does yet no charges were recommended
Hur repeatedly said he didn’t recommend charges because he didn’t think a jury would convict because of how Biden would appear to the jury as a well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.

Hur's decision to not file charges and just assume Biden is giulty.M
That’s because Hur actually showed Biden was guilty. The reason not to charge stated above.

Presumption of innocence?

Absolutely, until you are proven to have committed a crime, which hur indicated in his testimony.

Forum List

Back