Taliban leader admits tough Obama will win the war that Bush failed

By Rob Crilly, Islamabad
12:00PM BST 21 Jul 2014
Agha Jan Motasim says withdrawal of Nato forces this year will also make it harder for militants to justify their war

A veteran Taliban leader has offered a startling view of Afghanistan's conflict, saying militants no longer have the support they need to overrun the country when Nato combat forces leave.

In an interview with Pakistan’s Express Tribune newspaper, Agha Jan Motasim also said the withdrawal of occupying troops would rob the insurgency of its legitimacy and repeated his earlier calls for a negotiated settlement.

The Taliban cannot retake Afghanistan, says senior insurgent leader - Telegraph

This soundly dismisses the right wing talking points that Obama is weak. Our troops and our allies and the ANP and ANA have turned around the failed military policy of Bush and Cheney that left such a mess in Afghanistan in 2008 when the Taliban operated unchallenged in 80% of Afghanistan.

Remember -- the Taliban LIKE Obama! After all he instituted this order:
“Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force,” the laminated card reads.
For a soldier who has traveled halfway around the world to fight, that’s like telling a cop he should only patrol in areas where he knows he won’t have to make arrests. “Does that make any f–king sense?” Pfc. Jared Pautsch.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...#ixzz0raavCuPp

Also the Taliban AGREE with Obama when Obama says our military methodically EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME.."air raiding villages, killing civilians"!
I mean of course they want Americans to think THEY Think Obama's tough!

YOU obviously NEVER heard of "Br'er Rabbit" and the Briar Patch as Commander Riker states that it is "time to use the Briar Patch the way Br'er Rabbit did".
Uncle Remus (Myth-Folklore Online)

OH Boy ... Obama is one tough.. mother...f...kER! as he would say with his Pot-Smoking ‘Choom Gang !

Remember -- the Taliban LIKE Obama! After all he instituted this order: “Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force,” the laminated card reads.

Where did Obama institute that order?

our society is producing individuals like the OP who are truly delusional.

I do not look forward to what is coming if we don't get off this crazy train

I do not look forward to what is coming if we don't get off this crazy train

Very true. These fools suggest that we will Iraq the same way we won viet nam--------by declaring defeat and admitting that thousands of americans died for nothing and the billions we spent were wasted.

Truly delusional is an understatement.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not talking about the 2008 SOFA...that was a placeholder...

Of course you don't want to talk about the 2008 SOFA because you were caught making a false claim that it has never been a requirement for the Iraq SOFA to be approved by the Iraq legislature. Here is your error:

He requires that the Iraqi Legislature had to approve the agreement. Well a) that's difficult for a western legis but especially for one as messy as this one but b) that has never been a requirement in any of the 40 other SOFA agreements

You entire rant against Obama falls apart because of your undeniable error.

Good lord I'm talking about a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL SOFA. This SOFA said NO TROOPS.

In other nations where we have troops, how many SOFAs say ZERO troops?????? Think carefully before you answer, it's a trick question.

Good lord I'm talking about a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL SOFA. This SOFA said NO TROOPS.

Are you saying the 2008 SOFA covered zero US troops serving inside Iraq during 2009 and 2010. The truth is there were about 140,000 troops serving in Iraq during January 2009. The SOFA Bush negotiated in 2008 was to protect them and it had to be approved by Iraq'd parliament.

Why did you claim that it did not go through parliament and Obama was the one that insisted upon it in 2011?

Iraq's Chief Justice insisted on it not Obama. Your entire rant against Obama is a farce and you only make it more of a farce when you try to convince us that there were no US troops serving in Iraq in 2009 and 2010.

What is delusional? Surely you could try to explain it. Do you know more than a Taliban leader who had taken bullets and lives there and is involved in the conflict.

Who exactly are you?

These fools suggest that we will Iraq the same way we won viet nam--------

You are the one full of delusion. We cannot win anything in Iraq because the reason for invading Iraq turned out to be a lie. Saddam Hussein was not hiding WMD from the UN Resolution 1442 inspection regime. Bush lied about that and that means nothing could be won when it became clear that Bush was wrong to invade. All we could do is escape the quagmire that Bush led America into at great cost in lives and assets.

I've not claimed any US victory in Vietnam. More delusion on your part if you think I have.

These fools suggest that we will Iraq the same way we won viet nam--------

You are the one full of delusion. We cannot win anything in Iraq because the reason for invading Iraq turned out to be a lie. Saddam Hussein was not hiding WMD from the UN Resolution 1442 inspection regime. Bush lied about that and that means nothing could be won when it became clear that Bush was wrong to invade. All we could do is escape the quagmire that Bush led America into at great cost in lives and assets.

I've not claimed any US victory in Vietnam. More delusion on your part if you think I have.

As if anyone gave a shit if Saddam had WMD. We won in Iraq and then your magic neeeegro gave the victory away... And has paid no attention since. He is a loser Foo..get over him.

Here ya go. From Michael Gordon of the NY Times in fact. You know.....that bastion of conservatism?

Reporting by The New York Times' Michael Gordon paints a more complicated picture of U.S. incompetence and disengagement. Most notably, the Obama administration's insistence that any Status of Forces Agreement be ratified by Iraq's parliament set the stage for the inevitable failure of any agreement.

Simply put, while a number of Iraqi political leaders may have privately wished for continued American involvement to serve as a buffer and broker between both domestic rivals and neighboring regimes, far fewer were willing to support this position in a public, contentious debate. No one wants to be regarded as an American stooge in the prideful arena of Iraqi politics. Backing parliamentarians into a corner by demanding public ratification doomed a new SOFA to failure.

A SOFA does not guarantee airtight immunities for our troops while in Iraq if not approved by the legislature just as the 2008 SOFA was so subjected.

The following comes from Michael Gordan's oped:

"But the White House wanted airtight immunities for any troops staying in Iraq, which American government lawyers, the Iraqi chief justice and James F. Jeffrey, the American ambassador in Baghdad, insisted would require a new agreement that was endorsed by the Iraqi Parliament."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/09/2...-last-months-in-iraq.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

As Commander in Chief Obama did not have an option to send troops to a combat zone without airtight protection.

You cons care less about our troops well being than you own hate-filled political agenda.

If the Iraqi Chief Justice says it must go through parliament to be law and US legal advisers concur, that is not Obama inserting a poison pill - it is the law.

And the story you made up was that the Iraq Parliament did not pass the 2008 SOFA.

I asked you for a source for that and you do not appear to be able to find one.

"Surely one so wise could find a source that says the vote in iraq's parliament never took place. "

You wrote this story didnt you?

Sooooo, what's he do, he tells Maliki - who wanted a lot of troops left to assist him - that he could only have about 3,000 troops AND President DumbFuck inserts a POISON PILL. He requires that the Iraqi Legislature had to approve the agreement. Well a) that's difficult for a western legis but especially for one as messy as this one but b) that has never been a requirement in any of the 40 other SOFA agreements we have with other nations.

It was required in 2008 unless you can prove otherwise.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not talking about the 2008 SOFA...that was a placeholder....as I've said a million times it feels like between this thread and on the 295 dead thread.

That was not supposed to be the Final SOFA. I keep saying that over and over. Bush left negotiating room in the 2008 one to be updated.

Even if he didn't leave negotiating room, a prior president can't decide what the next president is going to do on HIS watch. The troops were withdrawn on O's watch.

Alsoooooooooooo, the 2008 SOFA breezed through the Iraqi Legislature because it stated ZERO troops.

The Iraqis couldn't believe it. No resistance at all?

It was a placeholder meant to get other things done and to have the actual number of troops negotiated in 2012 when Bush was no longer in power.

Echick...stay away from notfooledbyW...I have been dealing with him for 10 years...there is no hope for him.

:lmao:
By Rob Crilly, Islamabad
12:00PM BST 21 Jul 2014
Agha Jan Motasim says withdrawal of Nato forces this year will also make it harder for militants to justify their war

A veteran Taliban leader has offered a startling view of Afghanistan's conflict, saying militants no longer have the support they need to overrun the country when Nato combat forces leave.

In an interview with Pakistan’s Express Tribune newspaper, Agha Jan Motasim also said the withdrawal of occupying troops would rob the insurgency of its legitimacy and repeated his earlier calls for a negotiated settlement.

The Taliban cannot retake Afghanistan, says senior insurgent leader - Telegraph

This soundly dismisses the right wing talking points that Obama is weak. Our troops and our allies and the ANP and ANA have turned around the failed military policy of Bush and Cheney that left such a mess in Afghanistan in 2008 when the Taliban operated unchallenged in 80% of Afghanistan.

"This soundly dismisses the right wing talking points that Obama is weak." :lmao:

Echick...stay away from notfooledbyW...

Its probably not bad advice to tell one who proposes an argument that the 2008 SOFA that was negotiated by Bush covered zero troops in Iraq in 2009 and 2010 , to run away from the truth.

Do you think there were no US troops in Iraq on January 1, 2009?

I guess you could believe that if you believe the US won something as a result of invading Iraq.

Do you have a point?

You seem to be excited by an attack in a remote desert area:

The area is remote, and army and police reinforcements were hours away across the red desert that gives the district its name.

This is from your link:

The bombers were shot dead or blew themselves up. A civilian boy was also killed, but there were no casualties in General Raziq’s family, his spokesman, Zia Durani, said.

Two days earlier, an estimated 250 Taliban fighters made a surprise attack on security outposts in Zhare District, to the west of the provincial capital. Afghan security forces repelled the attacks, but the clashes continued much of Friday. Twenty-four Taliban fighters were killed in the heavy fighting, Mr. Minapal said. One policeman and one army soldier were killed, and five police officers were wounded.

Do you have a point?

You seem to be excited by an attack in a remote desert area:

The area is remote, and army and police reinforcements were hours away across the red desert that gives the district its name.

This is from your link:

The bombers were shot dead or blew themselves up. A civilian boy was also killed, but there were no casualties in General Raziq’s family, his spokesman, Zia Durani, said.

Two days earlier, an estimated 250 Taliban fighters made a surprise attack on security outposts in Zhare District, to the west of the provincial capital. Afghan security forces repelled the attacks, but the clashes continued much of Friday. Twenty-four Taliban fighters were killed in the heavy fighting, Mr. Minapal said. One policeman and one army soldier were killed, and five police officers were wounded.

The point would be the Taliban have not seemed to have gotten the message they have lost the war in fact they seem more determined than ever to take back what they have lost. There is a Taliban saying they have the watches we have the time in case the meaning is unclear allow me to clarify they don't set timetables or dates for withdraw they keep fighting till they accomplish there goal or get wiped out this is something the west has hard time getting about them even after 10 plus years of fighting.

Forum List

Back