Target has terrible holiday and warns of awful 2017

I believe boycotts are a crock of shit. They typically bring increased business by attracting people who have always liked their products and want to keep them available so shop a little more to nullify the boycott effort.

But....

I don't shop at Target. There is one nearby and, when it first opened, I tried it. Didn't find the things I wanted (there were a very few exceptions) and prices were substantially higher than at other stores no further away.
Something about the decor was off-putting....can't say what it was, the optics just made me vaguely pissed off. Kind of like it was pretending to be something it was not.

I don't shop there because of their liberal politics. I don't call it a boycott, just a personal decision to never set foot in there again. Apparently I'm not the only one.

They've pissed off a lot of conservatives, and I have to think this is part of their problems.

Tar-jay is no longer in style.

Target missed the bullseye badly during the holidays, reporting earnings that were below forecasts. And the company's outlook for this year was much worse than expected, sending the stock down 13% in early trading. Shares are down 20% this year.

The terrible numbers from Target (TGT) are just another sign of how tough it is for traditional retailers to compete against the online juggernaut that is Amazon (AMZN, Tech30).

Target has terrible holiday and warns of awful 2017

Their ghetto advertising doesn't help them any.

I used to shop at Target on a frequent basis.

But once they started siding with freakazoid perverts wearing a dress being allowed to use the women's restrooms.

I haven't set foot into one of their stores. ..... :cool:
Yep. Once they went political I rarely go there.

DD hit it. Lots of brick and mortar retail sales businesses fighting a losing battle against technology shopping of today and the future. Many will shrink or disappear completely if they can't somehow pivot to today's ways.

Walmart is doing okay because they adapted by augmenting their B&M with a strong online presence that often undercuts Amazon and will deliver to local stores for convenient pickup.

Target lacks this, and is hated by Conservatives.

Target made a huge error on the transgender restroom issue.

I hope it was worth it to them. I used to shop there but haven't since they decided to put perversion ahead of children

When you are in a competitive market with Giants like Walmart and Amazon, it's simply moronic to take a political stance.

Look at how reality changes in a matter of months.

Neither trump or the Democrat response mentions Trannies

The ABC mini series about LGBT "When we Rise" gets a .8 for its first hour then drops to .6 in its second hour. Absolutely horrible numbers no matter how you slice it.

The LGBT are an anchor around the necks of Democrats, the media and now retailers.

I'd say that's a pity, but it should have been obvious to anyone with a brain.

Target's customer base is middle class people.

But they chose instead to pander to the LGBTQ weirdo crowd.

Now they are paying the price in lost sales. ..... :cool:
Yep. The explanation is simple. The problem is, libs think their viewpoint is normal so the rest of us are the fringe, so the simple explanation eludes them.

Target's problem is facing online shopping, not a dozen unhappy Alt Right cons.
Really? Because if people really wanted to they could shop online at Target too.
Sure, but you have no evidence linking such a massive loss to the bathroom political stance.
So you are saying even though they can order online ( and get free shipping with a 50.00 order at the holidays) people still don't buy their crap....because???

Really? Because if people really wanted to they could shop online at Target too.
Sure, but you have no evidence linking such a massive loss to the bathroom political stance.
So you are saying even though they can order online ( and get free shipping with a 50.00 order at the holidays) people still don't buy their crap....because???
That's you duty to prove it since it is the OP's affirmation. No one has done so except to offer suggestion. That's all you have at this point: your suggestion. Have any evidence?

That's you duty to prove it since it is the OP's affirmation. No one has done so except to offer suggestion. That's all you have at this point: your suggestion. Have any evidence?
Thats all you have...a suggestion.

The suggestion is yours, and to wit: without proof. Until you can offer evidence, your opposition can only smile at you until you provide it.

The suggestion is yours, and to wit: without proof. Until you can offer evidence, your opposition can only smile at you until you provide it.
What suggestion is mine? I have more than one.

I asked you to explain your suggestion. You still haven't.

He could start by looking at Target's stock share price history...it bottomed out about the same time they made their now ill fated descion

I have clearly, so, no, you don't get "just once more." Until someone can link clearly Target's problems economically with its bathroom policy, the OP is complete fail.

He could start by looking at Target's stock share price history...it bottomed out about the same time they made their now ill fated descion
Coincidence until causality can be proved and documented. It has not.

I have clearly, so, no, you don't get "just once more." Until someone can link clearly Target's problems economically with its bathroom policy, the OP is complete fail.
Not interested in your word games and BS. Either discuss your position or take a hike.

Forum List

Back