Target Stock 19% - CEO Parachute > $55 Million

A guy who has a batting average of .300 fails to get a hit 70% of the time yet gets paid millions.

Where's the outrage????

He doesn't have employees. CEOs say they can't afford decent wages and benefits for their employees while filling their own pockets.

The baseball team owner that pays him has employees.

What about all those poor slobs who don't get paid more because some slob who fails 70% of the time at the plate gets paid millions?

IT"S AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU!!!!!

He's not the boss deciding how much to pay everyone.

One year out of how many?

Granted the man makes damn good money, but most if not all CEO's do.

You idiots are just jealous that you are not successful enough to earn that kind of money. You are haters and hater will hate.

The thing is this guy gets gross amounts of money even in failure. Meanwhile the government grows because companies pay so little employees are on welfare.

The CEO has a bunch of deferred comp - he already earned that money.

It's no skin off my nose if he gets it.

Everyone who shops at target is paying more than they should so this guy gets paid off.

You idiots are just jealous that you are not successful enough to earn that kind of money. You are haters and hater will hate.

The thing is this guy gets gross amounts of money even in failure. Meanwhile the government grows because companies pay so little employees are on welfare.

Government grows because companies pay so little? That you will have to show evidence of. More welfare recipients equal bigger government? Do you really want to hang your hat on that statement?

Yes he gets a ton of money, why do you care? Are you signing his checks?

If my arithmetic is correct, ousted Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel's total compensation for blowing a hole in Target's stock will be $67.6 million.

Ousted Target CEO could collect $55M-plus

Gary Strauss, USA TODAY
May 6, 2014

Gregg Steinhafel may no longer be Target's CEO, but he isn't checking out from the discount retailer without a potentially big bag of cash, stock, pension benefits and deferred pay.

<snip>

According to Target's 2013 proxy, Steinhafel could receive at least $11.7 million salary and incentive pay, pension benefits worth over $1.2 million and over $42 million in deferred compensation. Steinhafel also had $12.7 million in restricted shares that would vest.

Steinhafel, who will remain as an adviser while Target transitions to a new CEO, is a 35-year company veteran who was named CEO in 2008. Predecessor Robert Ulrich left the company in 2007 with a far bigger golden parachute, including nearly $141 million in deferred pay.

<snip>

So what?

If you don't own stock in target it didn't cost you a dime.

It does if you are an employee who is being told they can't afford to raise your wages because profits are down

Then get a different better job... I mean Obama has created the best economy in US history in record time.... right? You wouldn't want to make it seem like getting a better job is hard in this great era of Obamanomics would you?

Government grows because companies pay so little? That you will have to show evidence of. More welfare recipients equal bigger government? Do you really want to hang your hat on that statement?

Just one walmart in wi is a million a year. All this corporate welfare grows the government.
Walmart benefits from billions in government subsidies: Study | MSNBC

It does if you are an employee who is being told they can't afford to raise your wages because profits are down

How is it costing them? They aren't lowering wages, are they?

Employees around the country are being told times are tough, work harder, accept lower pay and benefits.....all while millions in compensation is thrown at executives

Read my sig.

Let you be the first to give up your useless job that steals from all that actually pay taxes.

Thanks in advance!

Everyone who shops at target is paying more than they should so this guy gets paid off.

Then go open your own store, it should be easy as you can make prices so low that Target can't compete. You can charge people "what they should pay." Great slogan!

I get the feeling you will; keep sitting around telling everyone else how to live and maybe even demand politicians write laws to force people to live their lives in a way you feel is best.

Oh blah blah blah. If you think that, then you should also oppose any change to the minimum wage (which I doubt you do).

CEO pay is heavily weighted towards stock option comp - which is not a cash expense to the company.

Last edited:

Just one walmart in wi is a million a year. All this corporate welfare grows the government.

No where in that link does it support your claim that welfare grows government.

No where in that link does it support your claim that welfare grows government.

Well where does all that welfare come from?

Employees around the country are being told times are tough, work harder, accept lower pay and benefits.....all while millions in compensation is thrown at executives
Is median compensation actually going down?

The middle class has been shrinking for >30 years.

slide_248050_1459716_free.jpg

Well where does all that welfare come from?

Taxpayers.

And it goes directly from a taxpayer to the welfare recipient? Or does it go through the government increasing it's size along the way?

I guess obamacare decreased the size of government.

Yes Obama did increase the size of government. The number of federal employees grew by 123,000, or 6.2%, under President Obama, according to the White House's Office of Management and Budget. Much of the hiring increases came in the departments of homeland security, justice, veterans and defense, not because of welfare.

Did Obama really make government bigger?

Forum List

Back