Target Stock 19% - CEO Parachute > $55 Million

The middle class has been shrinking for >30 years.

slide_248050_1459716_free.jpg
Your statement about middle class shrinking for 30 years might be true, might not. However:

1. Your graph doesn't support it
2. It doesn't refute the post you responded to

Taxpayers.

And it goes directly from a taxpayer to the welfare recipient? Or does it go through the government increasing it's size along the way?

I guess obamacare decreased the size of government.

Yes Obama did increase the size of government. The number of federal employees grew by 123,000, or 6.2%, under President Obama, according to the White House's Office of Management and Budget. Much of the hiring increases came in the departments of homeland security, justice, veterans and defense, not because of welfare.

Did Obama really make government bigger?

So your saying government is so efficient that welfare payments and programs can grow, but the size I government does not?

And it goes directly from a taxpayer to the welfare recipient? Or does it go through the government increasing it's size along the way?

I guess obamacare decreased the size of government.

Yes Obama did increase the size of government. The number of federal employees grew by 123,000, or 6.2%, under President Obama, according to the White House's Office of Management and Budget. Much of the hiring increases came in the departments of homeland security, justice, veterans and defense, not because of welfare.

So your saying government is so efficient that welfare payments and programs can grow, but the size I government does not?

I've already shown your dumbass where the significant growth in government primarily is and it is not in the welfare department.

Are you really as stupid as you portray yourself to be?

I've already shown your dumbass where the significant growth in government primarily is and it is not in the welfare department.

So they are that efficient, I wouldn't have guessed.

And all the increased welfare spending is good too no doubt.

Is your attempt at changing the subject a concession?

So what?

If you don't own stock in target it didn't cost you a dime.

Bullshit! - Target employees are on the government dole because theyare paid below the poverty level. This cost me tax money & value of my savings dollars because of the debt it creates. Not to mention shorting tax payer backed pention funds & share holders.

Any time a republican polatiction says the want to grow the economy, that always means grow the debt & destroy the dollar. They have been indoctrinated in econ class with Philips curves & wage price spiral. Both are fiction created by their rich masters.

So what?

Bullshit! - Target employees are on the government dole because theyare paid below the poverty level. This cost me tax money & value of my savings dollars because of the debt it creates. Not to mention shorting tax payer backed pention funds & share holders.

Any time a republican polatiction says the want to grow the economy, that always means grow the debt & destroy the dollar. They have been indoctrinated in econ class with Philips curves & wage price spiral. Both are fiction created by their rich masters.

People are on the dole because your politicians have made it easier and easier to get on the dole.

It's the culture of learned helplessness that you all have embraced

He doesn't have employees. CEOs say they can't afford decent wages and benefits for their employees while filling their own pockets.

The baseball team owner that pays him has employees.

What about all those poor slobs who don't get paid more because some slob who fails 70% of the time at the plate gets paid millions?

IT"S AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU!!!!!

He's not the boss deciding how much to pay everyone.

He negotiated his own contract with no consideration that his exorbitant salary is robbing other people of higher pay.

how can you stand for that?

The baseball team owner that pays him has employees.

What about all those poor slobs who don't get paid more because some slob who fails 70% of the time at the plate gets paid millions?

IT"S AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU!!!!!

He's not the boss deciding how much to pay everyone.

He negotiated his own contract with no consideration that his exorbitant salary is robbing other people of higher pay.

how can you stand for that?

Because the really rich guy is paying him. I'm not going to be mad at a player because some super rich guy overpays him so he can feed his ego in hopes of having a good team. Never heard of a player getting a golden parachute deal either.

So what?

People are on the dole because your politicians have made it easier and easier to get on the dole.

Corporations have made it all possible. They pay poor wages and benefits while the execs and shareholders get crazy rich. So then the government fills the needs of the people with welfare and obamacare. If corporations filled the need, the government wouldn't have to.

Is your attempt at changing the subject a concession?

No it's not. The dept of health and human services had 76,341 employees in 2013. In 2010 they had 69,839 employees. Government is growing.
United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0499.pdf

The growth in spending is more the growth I'm concerned about. The government is taking care of more and more people because very profitable corporations are not.

If number of employees is your indicator for government size then I guess Obama is shrinking government.
The Growth Of Government: 1980 To 2012 - Forbes

Corporations have made it all possible. They pay poor wages and benefits while the execs and shareholders get crazy rich. So then the government fills the needs of the people with welfare and obamacare. If corporations filled the need, the government wouldn't have to.

Sorry Derp but corporations don't pass the welfare laws your politicians do that and they have made it easier and easier to suck on the government tit. The reason they want it easier and easier is that now we will have generations of people dependent on the government. That is the goal.

Sorry Derp but corporations don't pass the welfare laws your politicians do that and they have made it easier and easier to suck on the government tit. The reason they want it easier and easier is that now we will have generations of people dependent on the government. That is the goal.

They couldn't pass the laws without corporations creating an environment where people are in need. If corporations paid well and gave good benefits there would be no need for these laws. We have obamacare because too many companies didn't offer health benefits while paying execs millions.

If my arithmetic is correct, ousted Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel's total compensation for blowing a hole in Target's stock will be $67.6 million.

Ousted Target CEO could collect $55M-plus

Gary Strauss, USA TODAY
May 6, 2014

Gregg Steinhafel may no longer be Target's CEO, but he isn't checking out from the discount retailer without a potentially big bag of cash, stock, pension benefits and deferred pay.

<snip>

According to Target's 2013 proxy, Steinhafel could receive at least $11.7 million salary and incentive pay, pension benefits worth over $1.2 million and over $42 million in deferred compensation. Steinhafel also had $12.7 million in restricted shares that would vest.

Steinhafel, who will remain as an adviser while Target transitions to a new CEO, is a 35-year company veteran who was named CEO in 2008. Predecessor Robert Ulrich left the company in 2007 with a far bigger golden parachute, including nearly $141 million in deferred pay.

<snip>

So what?

It does if you are an employee who is being told they can't afford to raise your wages because profits are down
Has zero to do with the pay the ousted CEO collected.

They couldn't pass the laws without corporations creating an environment where people are in need. If corporations paid well and gave good benefits there would be no need for these laws. We have obamacare because too many companies didn't offer health benefits while paying execs millions.
Corporations and business did not create this environment of need.

So walmart pays execs millions and the Walton's make billions each year. Meanwhile they pay workers so little they are collecting welfare. I'd say walmart is creating the need. They are also profitting on a lot of corporate welfare.

So walmart pays execs millions and the Walton's make billions each year. Meanwhile they pay workers so little they are collecting welfare. I'd say walmart is creating the need. They are also profitting on a lot of corporate welfare.
How much would they be collecting if the Waltons did not start WalMart?

They accept the pay at being hired. If the pay is not enough, they need to go somewhere were it it is more. Businesses hire employees to perform work that the business needs doing. This work provides a means for the business to grow.

At no time does a business, nor should a business, hire employees for the sake of the employee.

Ever.

However, government has its hands in keeping companies from growing and hiring more employees. The compensation of the executives has no bearing on anything.

Forum List

Back