Target Stock 19% - CEO Parachute > $55 Million

Corporations and business did not create this environment of need.

So walmart pays execs millions and the Walton's make billions each year. Meanwhile they pay workers so little they are collecting welfare. I'd say walmart is creating the need. They are also profitting on a lot of corporate welfare.
How much would they be collecting if the Waltons did not start WalMart?

They accept the pay at being hired. If the pay is not enough, they need to go somewhere were it it is more. Businesses hire employees to perform work that the business needs doing. This work provides a means for the business to grow.

At no time does a business, nor should a business, hire employees for the sake of the employee.

Ever.

However, government has its hands in keeping companies from growing and hiring more employees. The compensation of the executives has no bearing on anything.

You must love big government. These Walton's didn't start walmart. So your ok with them making huge profits off labor that the government has to pay to care for? People can't go somewhere else because other corporations shipped too many jobs overseas. The only other option is they are completely supported by government.

I guess if exec pay has no bearing, then neither does an increase in min wage right?

So they are that efficient, I wouldn't have guessed.

And all the increased welfare spending is good too no doubt.

Is your attempt at changing the subject a concession?

No it's not. The dept of health and human services had 76,341 employees in 2013. In 2010 they had 69,839 employees. Government is growing.
United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0499.pdf

The growth in spending is more the growth I'm concerned about. The government is taking care of more and more people because very profitable corporations are not.

If number of employees is your indicator for government size then I guess Obama is shrinking government.
The Growth Of Government: 1980 To 2012 - Forbes

That increase was due to Obamacare, not welfare. Nice try, but major fail!

BTW knothead, I already told you the size of government was growing and told you which departments had the primary increases and it wasn't caused by welfare.

Last edited:

No it's not. The dept of health and human services had 76,341 employees in 2013. In 2010 they had 69,839 employees. Government is growing.
United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The growth in spending is more the growth I'm concerned about. The government is taking care of more and more people because very profitable corporations are not.

If number of employees is your indicator for government size then I guess Obama is shrinking government.

Proof? It's been increasing for many years. All the spending doesn't bother you?

Franklin Raines; a Democrat appointed by a Dem President and retained by Bush; oversaw FANNIE MAE when they were literally bleeding hundreds of billions of taxpayer-backed dollars; and left with a severance package worth $90 million

libs are pathetic losers and hypocrites

BTW knothead, I already told you the size of government was growing and told you which departments had the primary increases and it wasn't caused by welfare.

I love how you're always wrong and always resort to name calling. Seems like a common trait among the dumb.

Yes you didn't mention health and human services experiencing growth while they clearly have. Nice fail. I consider obamacare as part of welfare.

They couldn't pass the laws without corporations creating an environment where people are in need. If corporations paid well and gave good benefits there would be no need for these laws. We have obamacare because too many companies didn't offer health benefits while paying execs millions.

So walmart pays execs millions and the Walton's make billions each year. Meanwhile they pay workers so little they are collecting welfare. I'd say walmart is creating the need. They are also profitting on a lot of corporate welfare.

It is only a recent development that has allowed people to collect welfare while employed.

And that is the government's doing.

It is only a recent development that has allowed people to collect welfare while employed.

You still have to be very poor to collect. Companies are using the cheap labor and the government is stuck with the bill. And execs and shareholders get very rich.

You still have to be very poor to collect. Companies are using the cheap labor and the government is stuck with the bill. And execs and shareholders get very rich.

You mean poor enough to buy a TV a car a cell phone a computer etc?

I think you and I have different concepts of the term "very poor"

For food stamps it looks like your gross monthly income for an individual has to be less than $1245. That is pretty poor in my book.

For food stamps it looks like your gross monthly income for an individual has to be less than $1245. That is pretty poor in my book.

If you're single and that's all you make then you deserve to go hungry.

Get another job.

Get another job.

So you agree you have to be poor to collect food stamps.

In a time of low unemployment I would agree with you. Right now I think corporations have shipped too many jobs overseas.

Get another job.

In a time of low unemployment I would agree with you. Right now I think corporations have shipped too many jobs overseas.

if you have to be poor to collect food stamps then 16 million NEW men, women and children have been made poor in the obama years because that is the INCREASE in the number of people collecting food stamps under obama

Get another job.

if you have to be poor to collect food stamps then 16 million NEW men, women and children have been made poor in the obama years because that is the INCREASE in the number of people collecting food stamps under obama

And CEOs keep making gross amounts of money.

because the two are mutually inclusive right?

wow what a dullard!!

Get another job.

I don't call a single guy making 1200 a month "very poor"

The definitions of the poor were changed to include more people. It has nothing to do with how much money some people make.

So what?

If you don't own stock in target it didn't cost you a dime.

It does if you are an employee who is being told they can't afford to raise your wages because profits are down

When you hire on with a company you negotiate your contract, this happened to be part of his contract. Why do you hate rich people?

Basically because that wealth affords them legislators that shield them from liability and allows them to fleece companies even though they fail.

What planet do you live on?

because the two are mutually inclusive right?

wow what a dullard!!

Yeah it is mutually inclusive.

It always seems that the amount paid to the CEO is the same amount that big firms "can't afford" to compensate everyone else.

Almost to the penny.

Sallow engages in the misguided Prog delusion that a job is worth what one is paid for it.

It's not. A job is worth what it produces. Just because a business could "afford" to pay more, that doesn't mean the job warrants higher pay.

Forum List

Back