Tax the Rich: Fix Jobs and Deficits

Changing our tax codes is only a very small part of the solution.

In and of itself it will solve nothing.

George "thinks" eeeevil rich people hold a gun to your head and force you to buy stuff from them.

George is an idiot.

Agreed. That's the mentality of anyone who whines about the rich "paying their fair share." As if the tics on society are entitled to anything the rich have.
Beats the hell out of working for a living, I suppose.

The Republicans want to eliminate Medicare, privatize Social Security, and eviserate the EPA.

They won't be happy until they have turned American into Dickinsean England.

Progressives want to eliminate wealth, private property, and private industry.

They won't be happy until they have turned American in the Soviet Union circa 1958.

So no deficit reduction, keep spending trillions more then we have and to help offset it steal the money from those you think have to much. Thanks for proving the point of just how brain damaged you are.

Explain again how taking MORE percentage wise from people that happen to have more then you is A) Justified under the Constitution, B) reasonable behavior for a Government to do, And C) why you think those with more should pay a higher percentage based on some sense of fair play and reasonable conscious.
If someone twice your size and half your age beats you senseless and transfers all the money in your pockets into his, will you bleat "life ain't fair" from your hospital bed?

The richest 1% of Americans earned about 9% of annual US income in 1979.
They earn over 20% today and control about 40% of national wealth.
And they have seen their "fair share" of both increase since 2008.

I don't believe the rich have earned all that money.
They have bribed politicians to lower their tax rates to acquire some of it.
They have manipulated the Federal Reserve and commodity markets for some of it.
And they've spiked unemployment to levels unseen in generations for some of it.

This is a damn war.
Why are you afraid to fight back?
No one is doing that. I can say in nearly half a century on this planet no one has ever taken money from me.
Where you get this silly stuff from is a fucking mystery.
Since 1985 real wages in the US have stagnated despite a 55% increase in productivity. The top 1% of US earners earned about 9 percent of total income in the late 70s and they "earn" over 20% today.

Unless you're among the richest 1% your share of increasing American productivity has been stolen.

Apparently, your political ideology blinds you to that theft.

That's the only silly fucking mystery I see.

As I understand it, the luxury tax you refer to worked about as well as the Bush tax cuts.

All that shows is that you don't understand jack.

If it's true that only the USSR lost as many jobs in a single decade (its last, btw) than we lost between 2001 and 2010, is it possible technology has reached a level where capitalism can not provide jobs to all who need one?

No, it's only possible that the fascist agenda of the Democrat party doesn't provide jobs to all who need one.
"The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose from 4.2% in January 2001, peaking at 6.3% in June 2003 and reaching a trough of 4.4% in March 2007. After an economic slowdown, the rate rose again to 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008.[55]

"From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.[56] And, in January 2009, his last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years."

Now whine about Wiki like the fucked up little bitch you are.

Economic policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Changing our tax codes is only a very small part of the solution.

In and of itself it will solve nothing.
Ok...First it's a small part then it will solve nothing. Which is it?
Something or nothing.
Ya know what? Your reply is crap. It indicates you are satisfied with the status quo.

George "thinks" eeeevil rich people hold a gun to your head and force you to buy stuff from them.

George is an idiot.

Agreed. That's the mentality of anyone who whines about the rich "paying their fair share." As if the tics on society are entitled to anything the rich have.
The rich are the tics.
Like you.
Stupid.
Brilliant response!
Just admit it. You despise those farther up the financial food chain because you are a miserable failure.

Maybe the luxury tax was just another lie the nasty rich people write?

How much more money are the richest 1% of humanity entitled to?

All of it?

Everyone is entitled to exactly what they are able to acquire through voluntary transactions. No on is entitled to a cent more.
Is this your idea of voluntary?

"Thanks largely to the $13 trillion Wall Street bailout – while keeping the debt overhead in place for America’s 'bottom 98 per cent' – this happy 2 per cent of the population now receives an estimated three quarters (~75 per cent) of the returns to wealth (interest, dividends, rent and capital gains).

"This is nearly double what it received a generation ago. The rest of the population is being squeezed, and foreclosures are rising.

Michael Hudson: Obama's Greatest Betrayal

Maybe the luxury tax was just another lie the nasty rich people write?

How much more money are the richest 1% of humanity entitled to?

All of it?

Everyone is entitled to exactly what they are able to acquire through voluntary transactions. No on is entitled to a cent more.
Is this your idea of voluntary?

"Thanks largely to the $13 trillion Wall Street bailout – while keeping the debt overhead in place for America’s 'bottom 98 per cent' – this happy 2 per cent of the population now receives an estimated three quarters (~75 per cent) of the returns to wealth (interest, dividends, rent and capital gains).

"This is nearly double what it received a generation ago. The rest of the population is being squeezed, and foreclosures are rising.

Michael Hudson: Obama's Greatest Betrayal

Still spreading the phony $13 trillion story?
Please show your work.

As I understand it, the luxury tax you refer to worked about as well as the Bush tax cuts.

If it's true that only the USSR lost as many jobs in a single decade (its last, btw) than we lost between 2001 and 2010, is it possible technology has reached a level where capitalism can not provide jobs to all who need one?

No, it's only possible that the fascist agenda of the Democrat party doesn't provide jobs to all who need one.
"The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose from 4.2% in January 2001, peaking at 6.3% in June 2003 and reaching a trough of 4.4% in March 2007. After an economic slowdown, the rate rose again to 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008.[55]

"From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.[56] And, in January 2009, his last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years."

Economic policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're just mad because Bush created jobs and Obama didn't.

How many jobs did Bush create between 2001 and 2009 IN THIS COUNTRY?
About 1.1 million.
How many did Obama create (not save, LOL!)?
1.1 million jobs in China, lol.

"The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose from 4.2% in January 2001, peaking at 6.3% in June 2003 and reaching a trough of 4.4% in March 2007.

"After an economic slowdown, the rate rose again to 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008.[55]

"From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.[56] And, in January 2009, his last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years.[57]

"During President Bush's terms, income disparity grew.

"Median household income has more than kept up with inflation since Bush took control of fiscal policy during the 2001 near-recession, growing 1.6% higher in constant 2007 dollars to $50,233 in 2007 from $49,454 in 2001,[58][59] while poverty rate increased from 11.25% in 2000 to 12.3% in 2006 after peaking at 12.7% in 2004; in 2008 increased to 13.2%."

Unemployment and poverty.
Two things that rich shit like Bush and Obama do best.
Right?

Show your work.

How many jobs did Bush create between 2001 and 2009 IN THIS COUNTRY?
About 1.1 million.
How many did Obama create (not save, LOL!)?
1.1 million jobs in China, lol.

"The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose from 4.2% in January 2001, peaking at 6.3% in June 2003 and reaching a trough of 4.4% in March 2007.

"After an economic slowdown, the rate rose again to 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008.[55]

"From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.[56] And, in January 2009, his last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years.[57]

"During President Bush's terms, income disparity grew.

"Median household income has more than kept up with inflation since Bush took control of fiscal policy during the 2001 near-recession, growing 1.6% higher in constant 2007 dollars to $50,233 in 2007 from $49,454 in 2001,[58][59] while poverty rate increased from 11.25% in 2000 to 12.3% in 2006 after peaking at 12.7% in 2004; in 2008 increased to 13.2%."

Unemployment and poverty.
Two things that rich shit like Bush and Obama do best.
Right?

1.1 million here. LOL!
Where are the jobs from the stimulus?
Why did the UE rate go over 8%?
Were Obama's people lying when they said the stimulus would keep the rate under 8%?
Did you believe their lie?

Show your work.

Jan 2001, 132,469,000 employed.
Jan 2009, 133,563,000 employed.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.compaes.txt

Your turn. LOL!

400 individuals control as much wealth as 150 million Americans combined.

80% of the increase in income in the last 40 years went to the top 1%.

Reagan and Bush created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich. This effectively transferred 13 trillion dollars from the middle class taxpayer to the wealthy.

The wealthy have had their tax rate lowered from 26% to 17% in the last 17 years.

45% of Americans pay no federal income tax.

It is time to raise taxes on the rich.
First off.....So what?!!!
The fact that there are now 100 times as many millionaires as there were 30 years ago has no bearing on what anyone else makes in a year or how much wealth they posses.

Budget deficits come from TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT SPENDING! Lowering taxes to the producers ALWAYS results in an increase in revenue. Politicians spend too much.
Your tax rate figure is wrong. Perhaps a lie.
Did a little looking....You're full of shit..
The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011
The rates are as follows..
AM

Married filing jointly.....Income.........Rate
$209,250.......33% then 35% up to $373,650
$373,650.......35%
Single $171,851........33% then 35% up to $373,650
$ 373,651.......35%
Lets say for a moment the top marginal rate for $1,000,000 is 70%
Ok....so we have a person who works or has a business and he has made $800k....where is the incentive for him to work or operate his business for 3 months and make 30 cents on the dollar? Answer..none...So he stops work or he shuts down his business or severely cuts back on production for those three months. Who gets hurt? For one, the workers. They get laid off or have their hours slashed until the new year begins. What else happens. The production which generates revenue not only for the worker or business owner stops.
The employees of the business owner stop earning money via wages. Some may collect unemployment. The following year the million dollar earner says "screw it...I'll cut back on my purchases. Forget the new pool or the renovation to my house".....The business owner says, "screw it...I'll cut back on sales and production to stay under that level which the government begins taking 70% of my money. He cuts back on purchasing which hurts other businesses and permanently eliminates employee positions in the company.
You libs think you have it all figured out. "Soak the rich ,you say. That will solve all MY problems. My greatest happiness is seeing those who I think have too much suffer just like me. I want equal amounts of misery".

"well we have 50% of the folks in this country who pay no Fed taxes whatsoever".

Pub BS. They pay no Federal Income taxes. But if you include payroll taxes and fees, they pay the same percentage of federal taxes as the rich.

"The top 2% of earners, those in excess of $250k per year already pay 3/4's of the federal tax burden."

They earn more than 75% of the income. The richest 400 FAMILIES make more than 60% of the country, a fine Pub mess after 30 years of Voodoo. You've swallowed all their BS spin and are a perfect dunce. tyvm
it's 47%...And it's documented all over the place. You can deny deny deny all you like. Does't make a difference. It's fact.
Umm the highest sate income tax rate is like 10% and that is for top earners. Those low wage earners may not pay ANY state income tax. Fees? For what? Fees are charged to users. Since low and middle income people have less to spend, they naturally would incur fewer such fees than higher earners.
The richest earners make this and that ....Again...So fucking what. It makes no difference to anyone what other people earn.
That is unless of course you believe that if one has more then another MUST have less.
The problem with you libs and this tax thing is you cannot mind your own fucking business. You're so busy wallowing in you own self pity that you believe everyone should share your misery. You're so preoccupied with what others do, you cannot see yourselves even making an attempt at improving your situation. No. You see what others have and you want government to take it from them to give you "your fair share"....

The Republicans want to eliminate Medicare, privatize Social Security, and eviserate the EPA.

They won't be happy until they have turned American into Dickinsean England.
Yeah yeah yeah.....That song has been played more times than at a 70's era top 40 AM station. Shut it. It's not true.
Medicare and SS will go broke if these programs are not revamped.
BOTH programs have been raided by greedy politicians and their insatiable desire to spend money that was not theirs to spend. The idea was that there would always be 3 or 4 workers to pay into the systems for every one collecting. They were wrong. There are now a little under 2 workers paying in for every one retiree collecting SS. Our life expectancy has gone over the 80 year mark. The people that calculated Medicare spending never figured we'd have so many octogenarians. The right thing to do is change the rules. As soon as people hear that , the first words out of their mouths is "they better not mess with my medicare"....Never minding the details.
You people are idiots if you think doing nothing and kicking the can down the road long enough to "get yours". If you plan on living off of SS you've failed to make the proper financial decisions in your life. SS is for people who have not had it so good. It is not for capable people to retire and live on.
All along since I learned in middle school how SS worked I believed SS should have been set up differently. The way I see it, each worker would have an account set up for them. They work and they retire. The money is sitting there waiting for them. With interest. The money is theirs. But no, our idiot politicians looked at all that cash coming in and they just HAD to figure a way to get at it. Now the SS system is FUCKED. And you people want it to stay as is...Sheesh...

If someone twice your size and half your age beats you senseless and transfers all the money in your pockets into his, will you bleat "life ain't fair" from your hospital bed?

The richest 1% of Americans earned about 9% of annual US income in 1979.
They earn over 20% today and control about 40% of national wealth.
And they have seen their "fair share" of both increase since 2008.

I don't believe the rich have earned all that money.
They have bribed politicians to lower their tax rates to acquire some of it.
They have manipulated the Federal Reserve and commodity markets for some of it.
And they've spiked unemployment to levels unseen in generations for some of it.

This is a damn war.
Why are you afraid to fight back?
No one is doing that. I can say in nearly half a century on this planet no one has ever taken money from me.
Where you get this silly stuff from is a fucking mystery.
Since 1985 real wages in the US have stagnated despite a 55% increase in productivity. The top 1% of US earners earned about 9 percent of total income in the late 70s and they "earn" over 20% today.

Unless you're among the richest 1% your share of increasing American productivity has been stolen.

Apparently, your political ideology blinds you to that theft.

That's the only silly fucking mystery I see.
Oh please shut the fuck up.
Not only do you make no sense. You just leave no doubt as to your agenda. You want what others have because you failed to make anything of yourself.

Forum List

Back