Tax the Rich: Fix Jobs and Deficits

No one is doing that. I can say in nearly half a century on this planet no one has ever taken money from me.
Where you get this silly stuff from is a fucking mystery.
Since 1985 real wages in the US have stagnated despite a 55% increase in productivity. The top 1% of US earners earned about 9 percent of total income in the late 70s and they "earn" over 20% today.

Unless you're among the richest 1% your share of increasing American productivity has been stolen.

Apparently, your political ideology blinds you to that theft.

That's the only silly fucking mystery I see.
Oh please shut the fuck up.
Not only do you make no sense. You just leave no doubt as to your agenda. You want what others have because you failed to make anything of yourself.

What a bunch of shit... the dude posts numbers that you can't refute, and you just throw insults out. This is your Tea PArty....Baaaaaah!

If someone twice your size and half your age beats you senseless and transfers all the money in your pockets into his, will you bleat "life ain't fair" from your hospital bed?

The richest 1% of Americans earned about 9% of annual US income in 1979.
They earn over 20% today and control about 40% of national wealth.
And they have seen their "fair share" of both increase since 2008.

I don't believe the rich have earned all that money.
They have bribed politicians to lower their tax rates to acquire some of it.
They have manipulated the Federal Reserve and commodity markets for some of it.
And they've spiked unemployment to levels unseen in generations for some of it.

This is a damn war.
Why are you afraid to fight back?
No one is doing that. I can say in nearly half a century on this planet no one has ever taken money from me.
Since 1985 real wages in the US have stagnated despite a 55% increase in productivity. The top 1% of US earners earned about 9 percent of total income in the late 70s and they "earn" over 20% today.

Unless you're among the richest 1% your share of increasing American productivity has been stolen.

Where did you get the idea that there is a "share"?...
A share indicates the existence of a collective. We have no such thing here
Why do you care so much about what others are doing and so little about what you are doing?

Maybe the luxury tax was just another lie the nasty rich people write?

How much more money are the richest 1% of humanity entitled to?

All of it?

Everyone is entitled to exactly what they are able to acquire through voluntary transactions. No on is entitled to a cent more.
Is this your idea of voluntary?

"Thanks largely to the $13 trillion Wall Street bailout – while keeping the debt overhead in place for America’s 'bottom 98 per cent' – this happy 2 per cent of the population now receives an estimated three quarters (~75 per cent) of the returns to wealth (interest, dividends, rent and capital gains).

"This is nearly double what it received a generation ago. The rest of the population is being squeezed, and foreclosures are rising.

Michael Hudson: Obama's Greatest Betrayal
Stop fucking quoting others and use your own words.

Oh please shut the fuck up.
Not only do you make no sense. You just leave no doubt as to your agenda. You want what others have because you failed to make anything of yourself.

What a bunch of shit... the dude posts numbers that you can't refute, and you just throw insults out. This is your Tea PArty....Baaaaaah!
These figures are irrelevant. They are statistics used by people with a high tax share the wealth political agenda. Otherwise meaningless.
This nation is the land of opportunity.
It is up to each of us as individuals to take advantage of the opportunities we have.
George just posts these class envy nonsense blurbs because he thought his time was better spent bitching and moaning about what everyone else had and how they stole it from him and those like him.
He whines constantly .....Hence shut the fuck up. I'm sick of the complaining.
As matter of fact YOU can join the shut the fuck up club.....

I think a case could be made for some CEOs and top execs who are significantly overpaid compared to their European counterparts. I think more transparency and control should be given to the shareholders as far as compensation is concerned, but that's really not a gov't issue. You can sell your shares of the company if you don't like their policies, or even refuse to buy their products. It's not stealing from the workers, they never had that money in the 1st place. And those workers also have to right to go get another job elsewhere.

In today's news conference, President Obama called for raising taxes on the millionaires and billionaires, the guy with the corporate jets. But the vast majority of those top 1%ers that he wants to hammer are making a lot less than a million bucks. According to 2009 data from socialsecurity.gov, those making a million or more dollars are about .03% of the total earners, about 80,000 out of 150 million. Another .025% make between $500,000 and a million, so in essence you're talking about hitting the 99.5% who make between 200,000 - 500,000. Not many of these folks are flying around in private jets.

And then there's this: Obama wants to raise their taxes up to near 40% frm 35.6%. And in these debt ceiling negotiations he wants to remove the tax deductions and exemptions which cost them another 2%, and then his ObamaCare bill calls for raising their taxes another 3.8% in 2014. So now you've raised their taxes a full 10%, God Damn, how much is enough?

Do you really believe you can do this with no repercussions? Are you that naive? If you're a wealthy foreign investor or entrepeneur, are you going to think twice about starting a new business here with that kind of tax burden? We've already got people renouncing their citizenship, or just flat out leaving the country and taking their money with them. And you want to do this now, in the middle of a recession? It's lunacy, sheer lunacy.

Last edited:
About 1.1 million.
How many did Obama create (not save, LOL!)?
1.1 million jobs in China, lol.

"The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose from 4.2% in January 2001, peaking at 6.3% in June 2003 and reaching a trough of 4.4% in March 2007.

"After an economic slowdown, the rate rose again to 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008.[55]

"From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.[56] And, in January 2009, his last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years.[57]

"During President Bush's terms, income disparity grew.

"Median household income has more than kept up with inflation since Bush took control of fiscal policy during the 2001 near-recession, growing 1.6% higher in constant 2007 dollars to $50,233 in 2007 from $49,454 in 2001,[58][59] while poverty rate increased from 11.25% in 2000 to 12.3% in 2006 after peaking at 12.7% in 2004; in 2008 increased to 13.2%."

Unemployment and poverty.
Two things that rich shit like Bush and Obama do best.
Right?

Economic policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.1 million here. LOL!
Where are the jobs from the stimulus?
Why did the UE rate go over 8%?
Were Obama's people lying when they said the stimulus would keep the rate under 8%?
Did you believe their lie?
Because there were wise men on the left warning against expecting too much of Obama, I never believed very much of what he said. I've reached a point where I expect all Republicans AND Democrats to lie whenever they open their mouths, and both parties seldom disappoint me.

I don't actually know if Obama's people were lying about the UE rate going over 8% if you're defining a lie as an instance when your words are not reflecting your thoughts. I'm pretty sure they didn't really care much if the rate exceeded 8% or not since it doesn't affect Obama's base any more than it affected Bush's base.(at least in a negative sense)

The best advice I’ve gotten for assessing the debt-ceiling negotiations was to “watch for the day when the White House goes public.” As long as the Obama administration was refusing to attack Republicans publicly, my source said, they believed they could cut a deal. And that held true. They were quiet when the negotiations were going on. They were restrained after Eric Cantor and Jon Kyl walked out last week. Press Secretary Jay Carney simply said, “We are confident that we can continue to seek common ground and that we will achieve a balanced approach to deficit reduction.” But today they went public. The negotiations have failed.

How you know the negotiations have truly failed - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

Poll: Tax the rich to balance the budget - Business - Personal finance - Tax Tactics - msnbc.com

Poll: Tax the rich to balance the budget
61% of those polled say raise taxes on the wealthy; 20% say cut defense

The Republicans need to remember who they represent. The majority has spoken and will continue to speak, hopefully they will hear us speak or be removed from office.

The poll included a random sample of 1,067 adults across the United States from Nov. 29 to Dec. 2. The margin of error may be plus or minus 3 percentage points, 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair said.

Why do you care so much about what others are doing and so little about what you are doing?
Is Wall Street a "collective"?

Hey.. Gorgy Porgy... if we taxed the uber-rich at 100% you'd get about $938 billion. Then what?

Is Wall Street a "collective"?
No, Wall Street is not a collective.

Changing our tax codes is only a very small part of the solution.

In and of itself it will solve nothing.

What is your solution then…

My solution?

As in tens words or less?

I certainly agree that this nation has given far too many breaks to the supply side (tx breaks being part of that process) and that does need to be addressed.

But if ALL we do is tax the rich, then seriously, FA....things will only get WORSE, not better.

Why?

Because the rich will simply channel their cash to foreign shores even faster than they've been doing that.

We need to close the door on money leaving this nation, and encourage investment here in this nation.

One of the way we do that is to rethink our trade polcies.

Obviously another way we must do this is changes in taxation policies.

What we really need to do is ask ourselves:

What is the point of having a nation if it doesn't understand that its purpose is to AID THE PEOPLE IN IT?

We seem to have forgotten why people form governments to begin with.

We are as a people out of balance economically, and merely tinkering with the tax codes will NOT solve the problem.

We need to change the social contract.

As long as your raising taxes on the rich lets raise everyones taxes. I believe in the constitution it states you have to treat all the same. Yup. Lets raise everyones taxes. Think of all that extra revenue the clowns in DC can waste.

Rich, Middle class and the poor.

Might not get much from the poor but hey everyone who draws from the public largess of our country should contribute.

After all fair is fair and Everyone should have skin in the game.

Lets then sit back and see how quickly the economy comes bounding back.

A hint. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Hey.. Gorgy Porgy... if we taxed the uber-rich at 100% you'd get about $938 billion. Then what?

Do that for 14 years... Debt solved:eusa_whistle:
After the first year, what incentive would the uber-rich have to keep making money?

Hint: None.

You guys really aren't very good at this.

It's hard to believe anyone could be so stupid they believe that such a plan would actually work.

When I see this level of stupidity, I realize this country is doomed.

Do that for 14 years... Debt solved:eusa_whistle:
After the first year, what incentive would the uber-rich have to keep making money?

Hint: None.

You guys really aren't very good at this.

It's hard to believe anyone could be so stupid they believe that such a plan would actually work.

When I see this level of stupidity, I realize this country is doomed.

It's hard to believe that you think ANYONE is calling for a 100% tax... it was an over the top post, so I wrote an over the top response... You two are just too dumb to notice the difference.

Got new for ya.

You could take every dime every rich person in this country has and it wouldn't make a dent in whats owed.

Revenue isn't the problem. Spending is. Until the Clowns in DC stop spending like a bunch of drunken sailors this is what we will have.

Idots controlling the pursestrings.

Forum List

Back