Tax the rich, lose the rich

Holy Shit! This thread is never ending!

Why don't we settle this once and for all:

Let's shoot all the people that own assets in excess of 5 million dollars. Then we'll see if the average standard of living for veryone else improves or gets worse.

Oh. I'm sorry they did that in the Soviet Union back in the 1920s & 30s, and gee, the average standard of living for the vast majority of the people improved considerably. Wow, the Soviet Union went from being an economic disaster area to one of the most powerful soceities the world has ever known. What a coincidence!

Guess that settles that question.

(Now, watch Rabbi & the other wingnuts pitch fits...but them's the facts...)

Let's shoot all the people that own assets in excess of 5 million dollars. Then we'll see if the average standard of living for veryone else improves or gets worse.

Oh. I'm sorry they did that in the Soviet Union back in the 1920s & 30s, and gee, the average standard of living for the vast majority of the people improved considerably. Wow, the Soviet Union went from being an economic disaster area to one of the most powerful soceities the world has ever known. What a coincidence!

That's why the standard of living went down in all those places?
Wow, are you one fucking world-class moron.

That's why the standard of living went down in all those places?
Wow, are you one fucking world-class moron.
The soviet economy worsened and then collapsed, it was always an economic disaster. ;)

Tough guy? That wasn't what I pictured:
imgres
Dood. Tinypic. That's not showing up.

Guy in a strait jacket. I won't even dignify Jake with fixing it.

Thanks for playing, RabidRabbit. The board is laughing at you, like usual.

Reading some of your thoughts on politics is like watching kids debating whether Superman or Batman is better.

How is any of that an answer to this question??

Please do try to keep up. There were two different subjects that jester is trying to merge out of desperation.

Furthermore, i am still waiting on his answer to my questions that he has consistenly avoided so he can demand that I answer his spin based dishonest attempt to put words into my mouth questions until the cows come home but he won't get shite from me until he answers my questions.

Got it yet, or are you going to continue to blindly defend jester's ineptitude and dishonesty all because he disagrees with me??
I answered your questions, dipshit.

The Tax cuts created jobs after Bush implemented them.... They will help create jobs after confidence is restored. They are helping to stem the tide of further job loss. They are helping businesses stay afloat.

Questions answered, yet again. Now, ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. Your deflections are becoming laughable.

Your failure to answer them only proves that you are completely clueless and without answers.

You're not the sole poster who gets to ask questions up here. NOW ANSWER THEM!

That's not an answer to the question that I asked but thanks for spinning. Your proclamation that jobs will be created sometime later in the future is pretty vague and lacks the specifics that my questions were asking for. So WHAT specifically will change after the taxcuts are extended to bring about this change in confidence?? I asked fior specifics and you gave vague generalities.

So your claim that you answered my questions has been once again shown to be FALSE and...

"Your failure to answer them only proves that you are completely clueless and without answers."
LOL

How are tax cuts "active"? Tax cuts are a one-time thing. The legislation is passed and signed and they go into effect. That doesn't make them active any more than the National Highways Act is active or anything else that was passed, even decades ago.
Unless you are claiming that changes in tax rates persist forever. But I know damn well that no one--not even you--can believe that the effects of changes in tax rates can persist forever. No one can be that stupid, right?

"into effect" and "active" are basically the same thing moron. If the best argument you have is to split hairs over the terminology please waste someone else’s' time. I am not taking the bait. However, if you want to debate what was being talked about, which you obviously don't, then by all means try addressing what I actually said instead of trying to change the subject to a terminology debate.

Furthermore if the effects of the taxcuts are no longer working then what is the benefit of having them remain "in effect" and what will extending them do to increase their effect since you claim it's effects are waining?

The Kennedy tax cuts are still in effect too and they did nothing, zero, to stop the economic recession in 2007. Or the one in 2000. Or the one in 1990. Or the one in 1981. Or the one in 1974.
I guess that proves that tax cuts really don't do anything.
I guess you are that dumb.

Nice spin and dishonest avoidance. How typical. I know that you are desperate not to talk about the facts of this debate but your attempts to bring up ancient history to try and change the argument shows that you have nothing valid to offer.

How is any of that an answer to this question??

Please do try to keep up. There were two different subjects that jester is trying to merge out of desperation.

Furthermore, i am still waiting on his answer to my questions that he has consistenly avoided so he can demand that I answer his spin based dishonest attempt to put words into my mouth questions until the cows come home but he won't get shite from me until he answers my questions.

Got it yet, or are you going to continue to blindly defend jester's ineptitude and dishonesty all because he disagrees with me??

How is that long rambling self-exculpating post any answer to the questions that have been asked?

LOL, if you lack the ability to keep up with a conversation that jester and I were having then don't intervene and then try to claim that I am going off topic after having to explain the situation to you because you are too damn ignorant to keep up.

How is that long rambling self-exculpating post any answer to the questions that have been asked?

LOL, if you lack the ability to keep up with a conversation that jester and I were having then don't intervene and then try to claim that I am going off topic after having to explain the situation to you because you are too damn ignorant to keep up.

Man, you got to take responsibility for your posts and your end of the conversation. Don't keep blaming others for your own failings.

What this is Rabbi, and it's only too obvious. Is dr's attempt to deflect away from the fact that this is Obama's economy. The days of blaming Bush are over. Once Obama made those promises about how the stimulus would work, and then signed that stimulus, he then owned this economy.....dr obviously doesn't have the guts to admit it....He will NOT hold this president accountable....All he has is the blame Bush BS that this country is tired of hearing.....All he has is "well, what are the tax cuts doing. They've never created any jobs so?.. so, so, so, so so, so."

The dudes a hack...always has been....And so far, he's asking for proof from people, while he provides no proof of his own.

and here we go with jesters continuous attempts to put words into my mouth so he can attack me for things I NEVER said. Thanks for backing up my description of you again loser. LOL

on that note I am out of here.

But don't worry I will be back monday to continue to pick apart your dishonest spin and avoidance.
Yeah, you do that!....Lets just see if you have the guts to come back and start answering very valid questions....As for myself, i'm taking off tomorrow evening for my annual ride with a couple o' buddies to South Dakota to attend the Sturgis Rally. I'll be back in about two weeks....I'll come back and see if you had the guts to actually start answering questions posed to you.

You first hack. I am still waiting on your answers to my questions and your lame vague generalities don't cut it. LOL
Furthermore, you don't ask valid questions you avoid them like the plague even as you lie and claim that you answered them.
How typical that jester cuts and runs for two weeks after exposing himself as a hack for days in a row. LOL My guess is that he hopes everyone will forget by the time he "gets back" LOL

and here we go with jesters continuous attempts to put words into my mouth so he can attack me for things I NEVER said. Thanks for backing up my description of you again loser. LOL

on that note I am out of here.

But don't worry I will be back monday to continue to pick apart your dishonest spin and avoidance.
Yeah, you do that!....Lets just see if you have the guts to come back and start answering very valid questions....As for myself, i'm taking off tomorrow evening for my annual ride with a couple o' buddies to South Dakota to attend the Sturgis Rally. I'll be back in about two weeks....I'll come back and see if you had the guts to actually start answering questions posed to you.

Don't hold your breath. Anyone who claims that tax changes cause sudden unexpected shifts in the economy seven years later isn't playing with a full deck.

WOW, more dishonesty from tha hack patrol.

Can you show me when and where I made such a claim about "sudden unexpected shifts"?? I didn't think so.

However, the righties are the ones trying to make all of the claims about what extending the taxcuts will do as if that extension will "cause sudden unexpected shifts in the economy" However, when asked for specifics they avoid giving real answers and can only attack those who dare question their misguided and unsubstantiated opinions.

Last edited:
The Rabbi simply does not understand how taxes work in the economy.

He is an anarcho-libertarian who has his head stuck up his butt.

OK, let me ask you this:

If everyone making over $250,000 in the USA moved to Asia, would those government funded items I listed continue to exist, grow, succeed, etc????

The comfort Americans live in relative to the rest of the world is because rich people's taxes fund it.

To that, I say THANK YOU rich bosses, and I hope I can get promoted and a raise.

WOW nice unrealistic scare tactic. LOL AS if "everyone making over 250,000 would leave. LOL

However, take your spin. If everyone making over $250,000 and in a postion to create a job or two did so with the taxcuts they already have how much would that help our economy and the employment numbers?

BTW thanks for exposing the ulterior motive to your brown nosing, you want a promotion and a pay raise. So does you integrity really come so cheep??

Umm.....yeah, I want a promotion and pay raise. I'll take that scarlet letter.

Doesn't everyone? Union members (aka liberals) strike over wanting both. Welfare people who vote Dem and want free healthcare and more handouts are looking for a "raise" through increased purchasing power through more gov't aid.

A better plot in life is what we all want. Whats so evil about that? And reality is, rich people and rich companies provide the easiest path to a better plot, through education, hard work and using one's talents. If the gov't takes more resources from those people with money, then the less "promotions and a raise" they can give. Again, it's not rocket surgery.

Thanks for admitting that your motives aren't as pure as previously presented. LOL Furthermore, they aren't using what they have to create jobs NOW so how will extending what they already have make them change their minds and start doing what they haven't been doing??
BTW I didn't see an answer to my previous question. I wonder why? LOL

You're simply playing games here, drsmith. Just go ahead and answer the questions and let's get on with the discussion.

The Rabbi has not answered fairly those questions addressed to him earlier.

Make him answer before you answer, otherwise he will keep piling on extraneous nonsense. That is what he does when he is losing, which is almost all the time.

WOW nice unrealistic scare tactic. LOL AS if "everyone making over 250,000 would leave. LOL

However, take your spin. If everyone making over $250,000 and in a postion to create a job or two did so with the taxcuts they already have how much would that help our economy and the employment numbers?

BTW thanks for exposing the ulterior motive to your brown nosing, you want a promotion and a pay raise. So does you integrity really come so cheep??

Umm.....yeah, I want a promotion and pay raise. I'll take that scarlet letter.

Doesn't everyone? Union members (aka liberals) strike over wanting both. Welfare people who vote Dem and want free healthcare and more handouts are looking for a "raise" through increased purchasing power through more gov't aid.

A better plot in life is what we all want. Whats so evil about that? And reality is, rich people and rich companies provide the easiest path to a better plot, through education, hard work and using one's talents. If the gov't takes more resources from those people with money, then the less "promotions and a raise" they can give. Again, it's not rocket surgery.

Thanks for admitting that your motives aren't as pure as previously presented. LOL Furthermore, they aren't using what they have to create jobs NOW so how will extending what they already have make them change their minds and start doing what they haven't been doing??
BTW I didn't see an answer to my previous question. I wonder why? LOL

They wont. But we aren't discussing that. We are discussing raising taxes. Please explain how raising taxes is going to create jobs. Even if we agree that maintaining the present rate is not going to create jobs, surely raising them will cost jobs. And the corollary to all that is lowering them will create jobs.

You're like a broken record.

Left wing housing loan policies are the root of this mess. You know it, the left knows it, and I will give you all credit for your unshaken will to deny this fact.

Bucs, only you loons "know" it. The mess was created by a GOP congress with Presidents Clinton and Bush's willingness to stay popular. The American people will not tolerate a return of the GOP under Boehner and McConnell.

HA!!!

Yeah, all those hard right Republicans like Chris Dodd (D), Barney Franke (D), Nancy Pelosi (D), Hillary and Bill Clinton (D), Maxine Waters (D), Jesse Jackson (D)???? They are the ones who led the Fannie/Freddie corruption in the early 90's all the way through 08.

But yeah, only "loons" like us on the right........and other loons like "historians".

SO what happened to the republicans during all of that time?? You posted this earlier,

The economy grew quite well after the Bush tax cuts, with low inflation and unemployment. Only when the Democrats got control of Congress did things go south.
But someone must post this information at least every day and you continue to ignore it. When faced with charts, graphs, and articles you clam up and switch topics.
Do you really still hate and envy Bush that much that he could get us out of a serious recession in 18 months while your boy Obama is still foundering 20 months into his term?

Yeah, and I thank you for continued postings of it. In fact, lets sum it up:

1994- Republicans take over Congress for first time in 40 years = Largest economic growth the world has ever seen.

2006- Democrats take Congress back for first time since 1994 = Worst economic disaster since the Depression.

I don't know, lets use some good ole boy logic.

1994-2006 Republican Congress = Massive economic growth
2006-Present Democrat Congress = Worst economic drop sine Depression.

I'm no genius, but the moral of the story is DONT VOTE LIBERAL IN NOVEMBER.

Oh and in case you missed REPUBLICANS who were in charge of congress during that time CHOSE to do NOTHING about the "Fannie/Freddie corruption" so who really is to blame?? LOL

BTW how can you claim "massive economic growth" during a time when rabbi claims, and you agreed, there was a recession that W got us out of?? I guess, if you ingore the facts that don't suit your needs then you can say just about anything eh bucs?

Jake................you may find this a little bit hard to read and accept. But here you go:

Hot Air Whose policies led to the credit crisis?

The left caused the cancer.
The left blocked the meds to cure the cancer.
The left denied responsibility for the cancer.

you may find this a little bit hard to read and accept. But here you go:

The FACT is that the republicans controlled congress at that time and they chose to do nothing. They had a bill that made it out of committee on but THEY chose not to even bring it to the floor for a vote.

Since the bill NEVER made it out of committee but not to the floor for a vote it was NEVER blocked by the demcorats.

The right blames the left for causing the cancer to gain politically.
The right claims they have the meds to cure the cancer to gain politically.
The right keeps the meds and do nothing to prevent or even slow the cancer.
The right blames the dems for the ineptitude and lack of action of the republicans to gain politically.

Last edited:
Bucs, only you loons "know" it. The mess was created by a GOP congress with Presidents Clinton and Bush's willingness to stay popular. The American people will not tolerate a return of the GOP under Boehner and McConnell.

HA!!!

Yeah, all those hard right Republicans like Chris Dodd (D), Barney Franke (D), Nancy Pelosi (D), Hillary and Bill Clinton (D), Maxine Waters (D), Jesse Jackson (D)???? They are the ones who led the Fannie/Freddie corruption in the early 90's all the way through 08.

But yeah, only "loons" like us on the right........and other loons like "historians".

SO what happened to the republicans during all of that time?? You posted this earlier,

The economy grew quite well after the Bush tax cuts, with low inflation and unemployment. Only when the Democrats got control of Congress did things go south.
But someone must post this information at least every day and you continue to ignore it. When faced with charts, graphs, and articles you clam up and switch topics.
Do you really still hate and envy Bush that much that he could get us out of a serious recession in 18 months while your boy Obama is still foundering 20 months into his term?

Yeah, and I thank you for continued postings of it. In fact, lets sum it up:

1994- Republicans take over Congress for first time in 40 years = Largest economic growth the world has ever seen.

2006- Democrats take Congress back for first time since 1994 = Worst economic disaster since the Depression.

I don't know, lets use some good ole boy logic.

1994-2006 Republican Congress = Massive economic growth
2006-Present Democrat Congress = Worst economic drop sine Depression.

I'm no genius, but the moral of the story is DONT VOTE LIBERAL IN NOVEMBER.

Oh and in case you missed REPUBLICANS who were in charge of congress during that time CHOSE to do NOTHING about the "Fannie/Freddie corruption" so who really is to b
Wasn't Chris Dodd in the Senate and Barney Frank in the House chairmen of the committees that had oversight on Fannie/Freddie? Weren't they actually "in charge"??

Forum List

Back