Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

The reason they were better then, less debt.
So, wait. You just said everything was paid for on credit. Which is it?
You can't pay for anything with credit...

So either you lied upthread or you were mistaken. Which is it?

Also, I'll need to see some concrete evidence that the prosperity of the Eisenhower years (60+ years ago) is impacting your life now.
What I am saying we have been in debt in this nation for over a century, there can be no prosperity if in debt.

Don't you understand, if there is any debt how can it be paid for?

Well, because it just isn't...

Cut the corporate tax rate to 15% and they'll have some incentive.

Many companies already pay zero:
20 big profitable US companies paid $0 in taxes

Corporations just send jobs to China or bring foreigners here to work for less.
There should not be a corporate tax, that is taxation without representation.

Yes I get it. You don't think there should be any taxes. Great plan. Pay for the military and infrastructure with no taxes.
That is the duty of the federal government, social programs are not. Thus the failure of social programs.

We wouldn't have such a welfare problem if the rich weren't so greedy.

We wouldn't have a welfare problem if the takers weren't so greedy.

So who is greedier: somebody that wants to keep more of their money that they earn or somebody that doesn't make money and wants somebody else's money instead?

What I am saying we have been in debt in this nation for over a century, there can be no prosperity if in debt.

What I understand is that every nation has debt, but the U.S. is remiss in not teaching economics in high school...

What I understand is that every nation has debt, but the U.S. is remiss in not teaching economics in high school...
That does not make it right, living within means is the only right way.

It doesn't get any simpler than that...

...you just don't understand.

The federal government has no skin in the game, why should they be rewarded??
We the people are rewarded

It is your entry fee into the game

Being looted is being rewarded? When you say "we the people" you really mean "we the ticks on the ass of society."
If you want to consider 330 million people ticks on the ass of society, you are welcome

Investment should be taxed the same as labor

And then you have less people investing. Is that what you want?

People investing already pay brokerage costs

Doesn't deter them in the least

Brokerage costs are nothing compared to taxes. If you increase taxes on investments, investors look for lower taxed investments such as those overseas. In fact we have record amounts of people giving up their citizenship over taxation in this country, and those aren't even the very rich people.

I agree with the OP in that taxing the Very Very Wealthy people will do nothing of benefit for me, but it does harm me. Punishing success has a negative consequence on the economy. The resulting mediocre growth affects me.
Historical Highest Marginal Income Tax Rates

Tax Facts | Tax Facts Listing

Quite the crazy leftist that Eisenhower, huh? /sarcasm

Oh blah blah blah blah.

That topic has been eviscerated by those of us who understand INFLATION, differences in allowable deductions and the AMT.

Eisenhower taxed the wealthy at 91% and corporations at 50% and presided over the biggest economic boom time in America in the past 100 years.

Well this is a different day and age. Today, companies have choices where to go unlike years ago. Our technology makes it easy to run a business from virtually anywhere. Years ago, you didn't even know if you were going to have a safe trip overseas because we didn't have things like Doppler radar and technology to get you there.

Today a company owner can manage his operations from the comfort of his bedroom, and it doesn't matter where his bedroom is. We have meetings today over the internet instead of flying in VIP's across the nation twice a month.

Years ago this was impossible and it didn't matter how much you raised taxes because leaving the country would be more costly. Not so today.

Libs need to tax and spend....
Otherwise what is the point of their existence.
Republicans need everything to decay and fall apart. Otherwise, they can't prove government doesn't work.

It's sad they like living in garbage. I don't.

Many companies already pay zero:
20 big profitable US companies paid $0 in taxes

Corporations just send jobs to China or bring foreigners here to work for less.

Yes I get it. You don't think there should be any taxes. Great plan. Pay for the military and infrastructure with no taxes.
That is the duty of the federal government, social programs are not. Thus the failure of social programs.

So who is greedier: somebody that wants to keep more of their money that they earn or somebody that doesn't make money and wants somebody else's money instead?

All the takers are far from rich. The greedy are the ones with all the money.

We the people are rewarded

It is your entry fee into the game

Being looted is being rewarded? When you say "we the people" you really mean "we the ticks on the ass of society."
If you want to consider 330 million people ticks on the ass of society, you are welcome

Brokerage costs are nothing compared to taxes. If you increase taxes on investments, investors look for lower taxed investments such as those overseas. In fact we have record amounts of people giving up their citizenship over taxation in this country, and those aren't even the very rich people.
Bullshit

There are billions of transactions a day. Each pays some broker a service fee. The government getting a percentage of each sale will not scare anyone away

They are too greedy

Yes, it's very simple, and a complete misunderstanding of the issue.

Bullshit

There are billions of transactions a day. Each pays some broker a service fee. The government getting a percentage of each sale will not scare anyone away

They are too greedy
It's amazing how many people don't understand the hidden costs of investing.

You know this how??

Bullshit

They are too greedy
The federal government nether has a right to nor deserves any of those money's.

A starved scared federal government is a good thing...

Yes, it's very simple, and a complete misunderstanding of the issue.
Any financial entity owes more than it has, is fraudulent.

Bullshit

They are too greedy

There are less and less brokers every day thanks to our technology. The fee is minimum and doesn't affect the bottom line. Taxes are different. Why do you think they keep capital gains lower than other taxes? Because they want people to be attracted to the market. If taxes get too high, those investors go elsewhere.

Bullshit

They are too greedy
The federal government nether has a right to nor deserves any of those money's.

A starved scared federal government is a good thing...
Rinse repeat

Your libertarian act is tiring

It doesn't matter if or how rich they are. Greedy people are those that take from others who have earned it. Is it greedy of you because you have a savings account? Is it greedy of you to ask your employer for a raise? Is it greedy of you to look for bargains and deals at the stores or service centers? Of course not. You are only looking to keep more of what you earned. That's exactly what rich people do.

Bullshit

They are too greedy

There are less and less brokers every day thanks to our technology. The fee is minimum and doesn't affect the bottom line. Taxes are different. Why do you think they keep capital gains lower than other taxes? Because they want people to be attracted to the market. If taxes get too high, those investors go elsewhere.
Why are capital gains taxed at a lower rate than actual labor?

Because of the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules

Does taxing labor dissuade people from working?

Forum List

Back