🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teacher banned for thanking students standing during pledge of allegiance

They taught you how to research right?
`
I don't give a rats ass about this story. I just pointed out it's from infowars, the Internets #1 source for complete bullshit innuendo. I leave the research on crap like this, to lesser beings.

But I gave you alternative links .

Exactly, there are plenty of alternative links, including Fox News and locally through St. Louis stations. Well poisoning at its finest.

At large and to the board, let me say Tommy's little slip of "feel uncomfortable" is the reason the schools are in the state they're in now.

Kid does something awful in class.

Teacher deals with it and disciplines.

Irate parent calls saying "OMG you cannot 'discipline' MY CHILD! You cannot make MY CHILD feel 'uncomfortable'!!!"

Child eventually takes on this attitude and, in in snit of discomfort, must tattle to the counseling office in HIGH SCHOOL because she feels "uncomfortable". (Because the ways of all the previous generations--venting to your friends that your teacher sucks--is no longer good enough)

Teachers no longer enforce any discipline because of snowflakery parents and snowflakery kids.

So there we are. Way to go, Snowflakes, you ruined the schools too.
What did the kids do wrong ?

What do you mean, "What did the kids do wrong"? They do a lot of stuff wrong. They're kids.

If you doubt it, think on this: Let's send kids to school with self-learning centers and computers and NO ADULTS to lead and manage and teach.

Imagine that at 6 years old, 10 years old, even 16 years old. And then imagine your question, 'What did the kids do wrong'?
Your deflections are pathetic. What did the kids in this story do wrong ?

Nothing--according to Free Speech laws. And neither did the teacher do anything wrong by speaking back to HIGH SCHOOL students about their right to exercise their free speech. This is exactly what students need to hear about free speech, Tommy. In America you will not be jailed or officially disciplined for exercising your right to free speech.

But you, GASP, may hear speech back that YOU DO NOT LIKE.

And that's not "bullying", that's the cost of living in a society that upholds free speech for everyone.

Buck up, Tommy. Just like our students need to do.
I would suggest that you are little over sensitive.

The teacher should have simply been told to not make such comments in the future.

Why yes, let's regulate thank yous :cuckoo:

So you would rather a teacher be fired or made to feel unwelcomed over some unnecessary comments?

Whether those comments were well intended or not, whether they were malicious or not, is irrelevant, they weren’t necessary. The school system felt they better off without them and they should have simply asked him to not make those comments again in the future.

The teacher should have simply been told to not make such comments in the future.

So you would rather a teacher be fired or made to feel unwelcomed over some unnecessary comments?

Whether those comments were well intended or not, whether they were malicious or not, is irrelevant, they weren’t necessary. The school system felt they better off without them and they should have simply asked him to not make those comments again in the future.

The teach thanked students and because some little snowflake felt left out the guy can't teach at that school again?

Gimme a fucking break. This is what this insane coddling and PC breeds and it needs to stop

`
infowars
They taught you how to research right?

Substitute teacher says after he thanked students for saying Pledge of Allegiance he got banned from Parkway school

The statement continued: "While we cannot share details of individual personnel matters, we would not recommend that a substitute teacher be restricted from a school simply based on a single isolated incident such as this. Several factors, including prior concerns at other schools, would be taken into consideration before making a recommendation."

On Friday evening, the district expanded its statement to say:

"We always try to protect the privacy of everyone involved during these matters. However, there has been an omission of important facts in this case. The truth is, we recommended that this substitute not return due to a pattern of inappropriate conduct.

"While we cannot share details of individual personnel matters, we would not recommend that a substitute teacher be restricted from a school simply based on a single isolated incident such as this. Several factors, including prior concerns at other schools, would be taken into consideration before making a recommendation."

Here's the thing, even if it's true that they fired him due to multiple inappropriate incidents, the fact remains that they considered his thanking students who stood for the pledge an inappropriate incident. If they hadn't thought so then they wouldn't have fired him after this incident.

They may or may not be justified in firing him for previous inappropriate incidents but in my opinion, this incident does not count.

Here's some questions to consider: If he had thanked the two students who remained seated for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, would they have fired him? Would they have even considered it an inappropriate incident? If those who stood had complained about feeling left out, would they have looked further into the matter? Would we even be hearing about it at all?

My guess would be no on all counts.

The teach thanked students and because some little snowflake felt left out the guy can't teach at that school again?

Gimme a fucking break. This is what this insane coddling and PC breeds and it needs to stop

Like I said, the school system overreacted by banning the teacher.

They should have simply asked him to refrain from those comments.

The parents of that child should do a better job of teaching their child that not all comments of that nature are meant to be divisive.

A long-time substitute teacher was told not to come back to his school in Missouri after he thanked students for standing for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Teacher Banned For Thanking Students Standing During Pledge of Allegiance
Substitute teacher banned over Pledge of Allegiance :: WRAL.com

Compliments of your Trump haters, oh won't it be so exciting when Karma finds these anti american losers . We love it when you degenerates begin to eat yourselves, keep going we need smarter leveled ppl any ways because you fkrs are dumb as hell.
Teacher sound like a bullying prick. Get him out of the classroom.
For thanking the students? You're an idiot.

Bbbut one little snowflake felt offended ....SOMEONE MUST PAY!!!!!!!!

Idiot left tards are past annoying
I know Tommy probably sits during the anthem.

Do the Brits have an anthem?

Something by 'The Beatles' maybe?
We stand to show respect

Brits kneel to a monarch

Our president will shake your hand

Brits are not allowed to touch the monarch

That is all

Teacher sound like a bullying prick. Get him out of the classroom.

We stand to show respect

Brits kneel to a monarch

That is all

Apparently they can be touched. Queen Victoria had nine kids.

I'd say she was touched pretty regularly.

We stand to show respect

Brits kneel to a monarch

That is all

Apparently they can be touched. Queen Victoria had nine kids.

I'd say she was touched pretty regularly.
Not by the peasants

Forum List

Back