Teacher calls student "the dumbest girl I ever met".

Watching the video she seems sincere and doesn't seem to have a reason to make up the story.

I went to a Catholic grade school where the majority of teachers were Dominican nuns. Some of them would have no problem degrading a student in class like that,

I wonder what her question was. Maybe she asked that if the military build up on Guam continued does the teacher think it might tip over?

Last edited:
^^^ Exactly and that is what makes this so bad. To me, its time to take action when the teacher is who instigates the problem.

^^^ A recording of the man saying it to her was played so maybe people having the ability to record anything and anyone who is around them is what we all should be getting used to.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
Did he consent to being recorded? In most states you have to announce you are being recorded.
Most likely no, but if he hadn't have said what he said to the girl, this never would have been a problem to begin with. She could have been recording him so that she could listen to him later as a form of studying.

God bless you two and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. I most definitely would not let the fear of being sued or whatever stand in my way of exposing another person's true colors in such a way if I was in that girl's position and because she isn't the teacher's only victim, why should he get away with all that he is guilty of?

Last edited:
I'm actually not sure that recording in a classroom environment would be punishable regardless of tapping laws - it is very common practice for students to record their teachers lessons for later study these days. We old folks used to call it "taking notes" but kids these days use their phones.

The teacher shouldn't have said that, and certainly not in front of others. Nobody needs to be chastised with an audience of onlookers. However, waaaaa. Welcome to the cruel harsh world. That's what life is like, and instead of crying she should "man" up. Everyone has turned everything into a cause of some kind. Capitalizing on nothing rewards folks for being litigious, getting something for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And just for the record, no it wouldn't be illegal for her to have recorded it regardless:

"Conversations in private places are banned from third party audio recording and a member of a conversation can covertly record the conversation without the consent of others. Conversations that occur in public can be recorded by a third party (see O.C.G.A. § 16-11-62).

Recording actions in public places without the consent of those being recorded is legal. Recording actions in a private place or in a public place that is out of public view requires the consent of all those being recorded (see O.C.G.A. § 16-11-62). The law has further clauses regarding recording actions of individuals under 18 as well as when it is on one's own property.[1]" ~ Georgia (U.S. state) wiretapping laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schools are considered "public" places so that's that.

The teacher shouldn't have said that, and certainly not in front of others. Nobody needs to be chastised with an audience of onlookers. However, waaaaa. Welcome to the cruel harsh world. That's what life is like, and instead of crying she should "man" up.
I don't believe that this is a one way street. Instead of treating students like dirt, that teacher should man up and do the job that he is paid to do the way it is supposed to be done and then he won't have anything like this to worry about in return. When did telling students that they are dumb become a part of the job description?

God bless you and the students always!!!

Holly

^^^ Exactly and that Hois what makes this so bad. To me, its time to take action when the teacher is who instigates the problem.

^^^ A recording of the man saying it to her was played so maybe people having the ability to record anything and anyone who is around them is what we all should be getting used to.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
Did he consent to being recorded? In most states you have to announce you are being recorded.
Most likely no, but if he hadn't have said what he said to the girl, this never would have been a problem to begin with. She could have been recording him so that she could listen to him later as a form of studying.

God bless you two and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. I most definitely would not let the fear of being sued or whatever stand in my way of exposing another person's true colors in such a way if I was in that girl's position and because she isn't the teacher's only victim, why should he get away with all that he is guilty of?
Bullies alwsys have the group on their side. Hes not a bully, hes an authority.

“You know what your purpose going to be? To have sex and have children, because you ain't gonna never be smart," he continued.

I pray that I wouldn't happen to bump into him at the local grocery store...news at 11!!!

A couple things......

In many states the recording would be inadmissible as evidence of anything. Massachusetts, for example, requires consent to record audio or video of another person.

Secondly, this is just further proof in my mind why personal electronic devices other than calculators should be banned from all schools.

“You know what your purpose going to be? To have sex and have children, because you ain't gonna never be smart," he continued.

I pray that I wouldn't happen to bump into him at the local grocery store...news at 11!!!
The truth is the truth. Maybe she's just that dumb.

A couple things......

In many states the recording would be inadmissible as evidence of anything. Massachusetts, for example, requires consent to record audio or video of another person.

Secondly, this is just further proof in my mind why personal electronic devices other than calculators should be banned from all schools.
Crotchety old man get with the 21st century and stop living in the past.
Maybe you are part of the problem.

Probably has tenure. The Teachers Union will fight for his right to call impressionable children stupid.

Forum List

Back