Teacher fired by Texas Christian school for attending drag show

Yeah. The rule is when you molest children as a religious leader, you can't be gay when you do it.

In that respect Catholics support molestation.

Perhaps if they didn't worship a false diety they wouldn't be so accepting of this behavior?

That has nothing to do with my post, Cat shit

Maris said she was a devoted Christian and taught her students that God loved them all equally. “We should love everybody, and that’s what we’ve been teaching, but they’re expecting us not to do that,” she said.

Apparently she has a clause in her contract that requires her to be "Godly".

But she had no idea that having a burger at Haburger Mary was un Godly.

It seems to be a loosely defined clause and very much open to the interpretation of whoever is in charge at the time.

I am certain it would not be upheld in the UK but I am not an expert on US employment law.

So her 20 year service is binned just like that. I dont see the Godly in that action

"We should love everybody" doesnt seem to be a part of modern Christian teaching.
I've known teachers fired from fundie schools for having a beer on their own time.

That has nothing to do with my post, Cat shit
Why the ad hominem?

Let's be respectful please. I will pray for your temperament.

It does have to do with it because it shows how religious institutions pounce on legal cultural "scandals" yet spend decades hiding heterosexual sex abuse by their leaders.

Be consistent.

Maris said she was a devoted Christian and taught her students that God loved them all equally. “We should love everybody, and that’s what we’ve been teaching, but they’re expecting us not to do that,” she said.

It seems to be a loosely defined clause and very much open to the interpretation of whoever is in charge at the time.

I am certain it would not be upheld in the UK but I am not an expert on US employment law.

So her 20 year service is binned just like that. I dont see the Godly in that action

"We should love everybody" doesnt seem to be a part of modern Christian teaching.
Oh boo hoo.

You mean like the public school teachers....who have higher rates of sexual abuse of children? And the religious schools don't have the democrat party teachers unions protecting their pedophiles....
Public schools report such behavior.....mandatory reporting is the law (except if you are Gym Jordan)....religious schools/leaders HIDE their pedos.

She attended the drag show.....and then posted images of it on her facebook page....

From your link....you doofus....

requiring her to “act in a godly and moral fashion at work, on Facebook and in my community”.
------
Maris told ABC13 of Houston she agreed to the condition, but did not realize it prevented her attending a drag show, or sharing photographs or videos of it. In a Facebook post, she said the entertainment was “a blast”.
There is nothing wrong in a drag show. Which images are you upset over ?

Link
You mean like the public school teachers....who have higher rates of sexual abuse of children?

Link please.

And the religious schools don't have the democrat party teachers unions protecting their pedophiles....
In my opinion, religious leaders have much more power then unions to protect their disgusting members from these types of crimes.

Religious groups are severely deregulated due to the first amendment and tax free status. The abusers are protected and leaders consistently don't call it out because it's bad PR.

Why the ad hominem?

Let's be respectful please. I will pray for your temperament.

It does have to do with it because it shows how religious institutions pounce on legal cultural "scandals" yet spend decades hiding heterosexual sex abuse by their leaders.

Be consistent.

Just stop. Really, I am consistent... shoot every pedo, groomer and enabler right in the forehead

I doubt you'll agree

She chose to work for the church. She bought that ticket, she took the ride. :dunno:

Forum List

Back