Teacher Fired For Being An Abuse Victim

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
Forgive me if a chat about this is already here, but I saw this being talked about on the TV just a little bit ago and I just couldn't believe it. I hope that woman sues the school for every penny that they are worth which is obviously not much. :nono: :nono: :nono:

God bless you and the lady and her children always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here for the write up on what they are having to deal with.

Should the school be required to put every child in that school at risk of a known nutcase instead?

Should the school review the relationships of its entire faculty to determine who gets fired and who is retained?

Frankly I don't care. Schools are fucked up diseased child traps anyway.

Should the school be required to put every child in that school at risk of a known nutcase instead?

Should the school review the relationships of its entire faculty to determine who gets fired and who is retained?

Frankly I don't care. Schools are fucked up diseased child traps anyway.

The school didn't have to review anything. The teacher was fired after the nutcase ex showed up at the school and was threatening in the parking lot. That's why she got fired.

If the law is inadequate to deal with crazy ex spouses and girl/boyfriends, the law needs to be fixed. The man was incarcerated for a short time, continued his threats from prison and is due to be released in two weeks. In order to protect the children from another Adam Lanza, they fired the teacher.

Sad, but they really had no choice, unless it was to arm every teacher and the principle.

Forgive me if a chat about this is already here, but I saw this being talked about on the TV just a little bit ago and I just couldn't believe it. I hope that woman sues the school for every penny that they are worth which is obviously not much. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Holly

I hope she sues the pants off them! That is not only wrong, it is a crime! Punish the victim instead of protecting them from the abuser? So if the principal starts getting threats from this man they should fire him too, right?

Brilliantly stupid decision! imo. - Jeri

Is this how you would feel if you were the one that was losing your job over having the crap kicked out of you by someone else?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What if this kind of situation kept you from getting a job somewhere else because of other places having the same kind of attitude that the school has? Then what?

Last edited:
Is this how you would feel if you were the one that was losing your job over having the crap kicked out of you by someone else?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What if this kind of situation is what kept you from getting a job somewhere else? Then what?

It wouldn't happen to me because I would have blown the asshole away long before he came to my job threatening anyone. I would have made sure he came to my home, came in my home, and then I'd call the coroner.

The school's obligation to keeping the children safe from insane people is greater than their obligation to keep this woman employed. Had they not fired her and her husband became the next Adam Lanza, the school would have been completely responsible. They know what a danger he presented and elected to keep the woman on the job WITH children.

Or, the school could arm all the teachers and the principal and the security guard, and take care of it that way.

If you think that is the only teacher suffering abuse from an ex or a husband or whatever you are mistaken. The schools are surely full of them! Do you think any of these teachers are going to feel safe trying to get out of a bad situation now that they have been officially put on notice it means losing their jobs?

Very, very bad decision. AWFUL!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What if this kind of situation is what kept you from getting a job somewhere else? Then what?

It wouldn't happen to me because I would have blown the asshole away long before he came to my job threatening anyone. I would have made sure he came to my home, came in my home, and then I'd call the coroner.

The school's obligation to keeping the children safe from insane people is greater than their obligation to keep this woman employed. Had they not fired her and her husband became the next Adam Lanza, the school would have been completely responsible. They know what a danger he presented and elected to keep the woman on the job WITH children.

Or, the school could arm all the teachers and the principal and the security guard, and take care of it that way.

Or they could prosecute this man and put him in prison where he cannot harm anyone. Now there is a novel idea. Ya think?

-Jeri

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What if this kind of situation kept you from getting a job somewhere else because of other places having the same kind of attitude that the school has? Then what?

Quite right. Then what.

www.smh.com.au - US gunman kills three at wife's workplace

A Wisconsin man accused of opening fire at the salon where his wife worked, killing three women and wounding four others, had a history of domestic abuse, police say.

Husband kills wife, co-worker in plant rampage - Houston Chronicle

SAVOY - A gunman entered a plastics plant early Thursday and fatally shot his estranged wife and a male co-worker before critically wounding himself, authorities said.

Andrea Wilhelm, 40, and co-worker Felipe de Leon, 37, were transported to Texoma Medical Center where they later died, according to a police statement.

We will NEVER obligate employers to put their employees at risk and certainly NEVER EVER require schools to put the children in their care at risk. Especially knowing the risk.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Or they could prosecute this man and put him in prison where he cannot harm anyone. Now there is a novel idea. Ya think?

-Jeri

The teacher's husband is in prison. He's just getting out in two weeks. We don't keep them long enough. We keep them just long enough to work up a good steam head of revenge, then let them out.

After reading and listening to the report, I have to side with the school. Too many nutcases out there to deal with and this guy is violent. He wants payback maybe and goes to the school and blows a shitload of people AND kids away to get back at his wife. The school did what was in the best interests of the children.

Yes, the woman was the victim and did everything right. Problem is, her choice now affects many others...including those she teaches. Like katz...he would have hit me once and that would have been the end of that. No further threats against me, my kids or my job because he wouldn't be breathin'.

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If he's a threat and they can't keep him away from her, then that's a problem.

But honestly, ANYONE can get the wrong lunatic, katz. When it comes right down to it, most sane people are pretty reluctant to pull the trigger...not out of misguided consideration for the abuser, but because of the repercussions it will have.

The school's obligation to keeping the children safe from insane people is greater than their obligation to keep this woman employed. Had they not fired her and her husband became the next Adam Lanza, the school would have been completely responsible.
That man can still be a threat, especially when he gets word that his kids were pretty much punished by the school for his choice of action on their mother.

God bless you and the kids and their mom always!!!

Holly

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If he's a threat and they can't keep him away from her, then that's a problem.

But honestly, ANYONE can get the wrong lunatic, katz. When it comes right down to it, most sane people are pretty reluctant to pull the trigger...not out of misguided consideration for the abuser, but because of the repercussions it will have.

I am fully cognizant of the impossible situation this woman is in. Anyone can get the wrong lunatic but the school's primary obligation is to keep the children safe, not make sure this teacher has a job. It's sad for her. I feel really bad for her, but a school that knowingly kept her on the job is no different than someone who keeps a wild animal in their apartment downtown. Especially since he already made threats! The school cannot knowingly expose children to that kind of danger. If you wonder how someone would feel if it was them, or someone they knew, or a daughter, just think about how someone would feel if this kind of nutcase killed an entire first grade class. Suppose one of those children were your child. How would you feel then?

As harsh as it is, the deranged spouse problem is HER problem. Everything that is happening to her is a direct result of decisions she made. She can't now shift the burden to someone else.

The school's obligation to keeping the children safe from insane people is greater than their obligation to keep this woman employed. Had they not fired her and her husband became the next Adam Lanza, the school would have been completely responsible.
That man can still be a threat, especially when he gets word that his kids were pretty much punished by the school for his choice of action on their mother.

God bless you and the kids and their mom always!!!

Holly

You think he'd want revenge on the school for kicking her out! Really! No. He doesn't care about his children like that. Not in that way. He's probably reveling in the power he just exercised in getting her fired in the first place.

The solution is really for the courts to go further than a restraining order while granting visitation to the nutcase spouse. The solution is for a program to help women disappear. Sort of on the basis of witness protection. Help them move to an unknown location with a new identity. Instead, we have judicial system that helps abusers track down their victims.

Holly

You think THAT's outrageous?

How about the women who lose their children (to their husbands) because?

by allowing the kids to be in a home where the woman was being beaten by the husband, the women are found to be UNFIT MOTHERS because they allowed their kids to be exposed domestic violence.

Sound incredible doesn't it?

I can assure you this happens to (almost always poor) women in child custody cases.

Forum List

Back