Teacher Tells Student He Can Be Arrested for Speaking Ill of Obama

Yes, he did. That doesn't take away from the fact that he was disruptive from the start.

I guess I'm just old fashioned and was spoiled by (most) of the teachers I had. They were respectful and respected ... and we could have debate and discussion and disagree without it devolving into total chaos, as we heard on that tape.

I disagree with you that challenging what a teacher tells you is necessarily disruptive. For a teenage boy, I thought he remained relatively respectful the entire time. I guess I should go back and apologize to pretty much every teacher I ever had for being such a classroom disruption. :lol:

*sigh*

I've said over and over again that challenging a teacher is not disruptive. I've said over and over again that discussion and debate in a classroom is a good thing, IF it's done from a position of respect on both sides. This teacher had no control over her class, and it showed.

I still say the boy in the audio was neither disrespectful nor disruptive. If you can pinpoint where in the 9 minute audio you think he was, tell me and I'll go listen to it again.

Do you believe this lady is qualified to teach the 11th grade?

I believe I've answered that all the way through this thread.

I don't think so. Should she be fired or not?
Then you haven't read my posts. I've been pretty consistent with my criticism of this teacher. She obviously doesn't maintain any semblance of control in her classroom, and yes, I think she should be let go --- or put into a position where she isn't in charge of a class.

When I was in high school, I had one social studies teacher tell me that the Allied Powers would have never won against Hitler if America had not jumped in. Then I had another social studies teacher tell us that the Allied Powers would have won anyways without America.

One was wrong....I guess they should have been fired.

Whoever failed to teach you the difference between opinion and fact should definitely be fired.

It certainly does explain a lot of Elsie's posts....

Did you listen to this tape? Is there something familiar about the voice? There you go.

I've heard this tape over and over from different media sources. The teacher did not fly off the handle until the student said "obama is just a man, he's not God". The teacher took the denial of obama's divinty as disrepect.

Of course a teacher can "take sides". And by allowing students to respectfully debate the issues, it teaches them to think critically and gel and support their own opinions.

I disagree. We had political debates in high school and the teachers never took sides. The teacher was there to keep it on track and allow for civil discourse. The teacher is the authority figures in the class. As soon as the teacher takes a side, that is wrong and it immediately puts the other children at a disadvantage and is intimidating.
That would depend upon how it's done.

Yes, and this teacher failed miserably. This teacher is the poster child for everything sick in our education system.

jiybc.png

hLzkZ.png

TmfbY.png

bhHXB.png

hDYYG.png

aNVwL.png

Ahh... the people we interact with on a daily basis. Away from their forums and real world gatherings where they no longer feel attached to their anonymity to express how they really feel.

Enough said.

I disagree with you that challenging what a teacher tells you is necessarily disruptive. For a teenage boy, I thought he remained relatively respectful the entire time. I guess I should go back and apologize to pretty much every teacher I ever had for being such a classroom disruption. :lol:

*sigh*

I've said over and over again that challenging a teacher is not disruptive. I've said over and over again that discussion and debate in a classroom is a good thing, IF it's done from a position of respect on both sides. This teacher had no control over her class, and it showed.

I still say the boy in the audio was neither disrespectful nor disruptive. If you can pinpoint where in the 9 minute audio you think he was, tell me and I'll go listen to it again.

From the beginning.

jiybc.png

hLzkZ.png

TmfbY.png

bhHXB.png

hDYYG.png

aNVwL.png

Ahh... the people we interact with on a daily basis. Away from their forums and real world gatherings where they no longer feel attached to their anonymity to express how they really feel.

Enough said.

I'm sorry that you want to shelter your brethren like they don't exist, but they do.

I believe I've answered that all the way through this thread.

I don't think so. Should she be fired or not?
Then you haven't read my posts. I've been pretty consistent with my criticism of this teacher. She obviously doesn't maintain any semblance of control in her classroom, and yes, I think she should be let go --- or put into a position where she isn't in charge of a class.

So you would keep her in the school system, just not teaching?

*sigh*

From the beginning.

If the teacher cannnot control her class, then she is incompetent. This child is not the problem. Remember, it's for "the children". Right?

jiybc.png

hLzkZ.png

TmfbY.png

bhHXB.png

hDYYG.png

aNVwL.png

Enough said.

I'm sorry that you want to shelter your brethren like they don't exist, but they do.

No ONE here was talking about RACE...but here YOU are.

YOU exposed yourself as a race-baiting hack.

Get lost.

*sigh*

From the beginning.

Bullshit.

I don't get why some of you think she had no control over her classroom. I didn't get that at all. I think it's a good thing when a teacher gets students to be passionate about classroom discussions. I also don't think the teacher's 'transgression' is horrible enough to cost her the job. But the fact remains that she was a total hypocrite... twice. First when she ripped on candidate Romney but wouldn't allow anyone to rip on candidate Obama (under the guise that he's off limits because he's also the sitting president). And then when she violated her own red herring and called Bush shitty.

This is where the teacher proved she is nothing but a political operative and not a teacher.

"Its' criminal to criticize Obama".

I'd like to know how they can allow someone to teach who has such total lack of control (of herself and her class).

Teachers are after all just people. Who knows what the relationship between the two have been all year. She did let her buttons get pushed. As an adult she should have a better response to it.

Excuse for tyranny? Who cares what thier relationship IS or was? It was a valid one-sided discussion as far as that tyrant-teacher was concerned and wouldn't hear any other side other than trash Romney.

You don't know shit about tyranny. I don't give a shit if you don't care. She certainly wasn't going to calmly accept the equlivance (of a high school boy attacking a queer and a grade schooler picking on a girl he had a crush on) the media is pushing on you sheeples these days was she?

Ah and the fauxoutrage from the right is funny.

Forum List

Back